Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

I got a new Alfa!

Old 07-15-2018, 01:45 PM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
4C and F430 post the same shifting times at 150 milliseconds. Not fast enough for you?
If the 430 manual shifts as slow as the 4C, then no, not fast enough. I drove a gated F430 and it was sublime. I've ridden in a 4C a few times and drove it a lot on a simulator that has identical shift times and yes it's very slow. The biggest complaint about the 4C is how terrible the gearbox is. Not sure why there's even an argument here.
Old 07-15-2018, 02:50 PM

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I got to take the Giulia on a spirited drive today in manual mode and it shifts really fast the ZF is a great tranny. It really is a blast to drive. I can't comment on the 4C as I have never driven one. It is similar to the S2k in that you have to keep it in the power band to keep the boost up in the case of the Giulia. I haven't owned a turbocharged car in 20 years. The last one was my Mazda MX6 Turbo. That car was fun with a manual.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:21 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

To all you Giulia owners in snow areas (no affiliation to ad) https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/wt...638140657.html
Old 07-18-2018, 07:29 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Looks like Giulia coupe is in the works.
Old 07-22-2018, 09:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drove one few months ago. Drives awesome. It's a sleeper look on the outside almost but the inside is great. Waiting for my dad to get one next year. He doesn't want a first year production model.
Old 07-30-2018, 05:39 PM

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

From the looks I get around town, this car is anything but a sleeper. I get so many other motorist asking me what it is at gas stations, self car wash, on the road, etc. it reminds me of when I first got my AP1. It is quick too. I really wanted a manual for my next car but the cars in my budget, $50k, there just wasn't anything I wanted. The Alfa shifts so quickly in manual mode with the paddles. It is a hoot. Still very happy with the purchase.
The following users liked this post:
mosesbotbol (07-30-2018)
Old 08-18-2018, 05:50 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Great cars! I have almost 14k miles on my Quad. A few electrical gremlins early on but pure motoring bliss. Things an animal in Race model. I had a 2015 M3 prior to this and I find this car to be superior in every respect. Gas mileage is horrible and the Alarm system constantly says break in detected but small price to pay.
mosesbotbol (08-19-2018)
Old 08-21-2018, 01:26 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by The NSX Kid
Great cars! I have almost 14k miles on my Quad. A few electrical gremlins early on but pure motoring bliss. Things an animal in Race model. I had a 2015 M3 prior to this and I find this car to be superior in every respect. Gas mileage is horrible and the Alarm system constantly says break in detected but small price to pay.
Interesting you would say that but I guess opinions are just that, everyone has one.

I've drive the Alfa's and just wrote about the 4c elsewhere. I would never say that car is superior to the M3, just the opposite. I daily drive a 6MT F80 M3 and it's the ultimate saloon that does everything well. Was your 15 m3 a DCT paddle?

Old 08-21-2018, 06:09 PM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
Interesting you would say that but I guess opinions are just that, everyone has one.

I've drive the Alfa's and just wrote about the 4c elsewhere. I would never say that car is superior to the M3, just the opposite. I daily drive a 6MT F80 M3 and it's the ultimate saloon that does everything well. Was your 15 m3 a DCT paddle?
M3 was a DCT too, I prefer these to manual transmissions as these cars are so lightning quick and they just crack off gear changes so much faster than any human can. The Alfa seems much faster, race mode is mind blowing. I also prefer the Alfa aesthetically, one of the most aggressive looking sedans I've ever laid eyes on. Stance is ridiculous, I often park and turn around to admire it. I never really connected with the M3 and found the ride very rough, seats were very uncomfortable, and the car never got me excited like the Alfa does.
mosesbotbol (08-22-2018)
Old 08-22-2018, 08:44 AM

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by The NSX Kid
M3 was a DCT too, I prefer these to manual transmissions as these cars are so lightning quick and they just crack off gear changes so much faster than any human can. The Alfa seems much faster, race mode is mind blowing. I also prefer the Alfa aesthetically, one of the most aggressive looking sedans I've ever laid eyes on. Stance is ridiculous, I often park and turn around to admire it. I never really connected with the M3 and found the ride very rough, seats were very uncomfortable, and the car never got me excited like the Alfa does.
Headed to Monterey Car Week on Fri. and signed up for a Giulia test drive. In past years they had Quattroformaggios so hoping I'm able to hop in one. It's the only sedan that truly tempts me from my E90 M3.

Quick Reply: I got a new Alfa!