S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Car and Bike Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/)
-   -   Just Bought QuickJacks! (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/just-bought-quickjacks-1188883/)

Biccins 10-13-2018 07:53 AM

Just Bought QuickJacks!

I have been filling out my garage with tools etc. and I have been waiting for a deal on QuickJacks to come up. I was mostly watching ebay for their 10-20% off sales, but a deal came up through Costco today. Just thought I'd alert you all :). The 5,000lb rating should be plenty for most of us!

My total after taxes and Costco membership:
$1,176.99

Link:
https://www.costco.com/QuickJack-5%2...100460313.html

TheDonEffect 10-13-2018 09:39 AM

Oh. Damn. Want.

zeroptzero 10-13-2018 03:26 PM

I know they are a great product, but two things seem to stick in my mind about them. Firstly, I can't get over the fact that the supports are on an angle when they are in the full up position. I know they are safe but just the visual of seeing them angled like that would always give me concern when under the car. Secondly, are they really that quick of a jack ? I think I can get my car on 4 jack stands almost as fast if they have to be rolled into position each time. I also like to go under the vehicle from the side rail areas quite often, so they would basically have you entering from the front or rear of the vehicle. I'd love to try a set someday, gut just some general observations about them. .

Chuck S 10-13-2018 03:34 PM

isn't all that fast but allows access from all four side. No hoses to connect or leak. Mine leans against the garage wall most of the time 1/2" high-speed electric drill gets it up in roughly 90 seconds. Goes up 26" (maybe more) and is stable at any interval. Very happy with mine.

-- Chuck

hecash 10-13-2018 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by zeroptzero (Post 24521614)
Firstly, I can't get over the fact that the supports are on an angle when they are in the full up position.

There is one locking arm on each side. I locks in two positions, half and full lift. My 5,000 lb unit came from the first shipment in May of 2014. I've had numerous cars, SUVs, trucks and my cars up on it on frequently enough that I've had to top up the reservoir a couple or three times.

Secondly, are they really that quick of a jack ? I think I can get my car on 4 jack stands almost as fast if they have to be rolled into position each time.

No way. I'll get my car up and have a cup of coffee before you get a car onto jack stands. The stands sit on the garage floor. They just clear the underside of my S2000. You just drive the car over them and pull each stand out to the perimeter of the car, align it and then lift.

I also like to go under the vehicle from the side rail areas quite often, so they would basically have you entering from the front or rear of the vehicle. I'd love to try a set someday, gut just some general observations about them. .

That is an irritating limitation. I've learned to keep a box full of "likely" tools just outside the lift to minimize having to get my 74-year-old ass out the end and up on my feet frequently.

hecash 10-13-2018 10:35 PM

BTW, I do recommend that you spray the unit down with Boeshield T9 and let it dry. Now, after more than four years of use, I'm starting to see some rust on wear areas like at the base of the locking arm.

zeroptzero 10-14-2018 07:09 AM

All good points Harry, thanks for the info on that. I know they are perfectly safe and I would not hesitate using them, it is just the visual of seeing them on an angle that gets me from a distance, up close I am sure they look fine.

I guess if you can leave them in place and drive over them and use them as needed they would be quick to use. It seems like some people have to roll them into place and keep them stored in other locations which might slow down the process. I guess the added clearance makes it all worth it compared to jack stands and such.

mosesbotbol 10-14-2018 08:04 AM

Will buy a set some day.

pastoli 10-14-2018 08:05 AM

I love my setup. I take mine to the track and use them a ton at home! I got a couple other track buddies to buy a set after they used mine.

noodels 10-14-2018 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck S (Post 24521617)
EZ Car Lift isn't all that fast but allows access from all four side. No hoses to connect or leak. Mine leans against the garage wall most of the time 1/2" high-speed electric drill gets it up in roughly 90 seconds. Goes up 26" (maybe more) and is stable at any interval. Very happy with mine.

-- Chuck

Sorry but that looks like a really crap ramp :thumbdn: