Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Just Bought QuickJacks!

Old 10-13-2018, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Bought QuickJacks!

I have been filling out my garage with tools etc. and I have been waiting for a deal on QuickJacks to come up. I was mostly watching ebay for their 10-20% off sales, but a deal came up through Costco today. Just thought I'd alert you all . The 5,000lb rating should be plenty for most of us!

My total after taxes and Costco membership:
$1,176.99

Link:
https://www.costco.com/QuickJack-5%2...100460313.html
Old 10-13-2018, 09:39 AM

Received 483 Likes on 367 Posts

Oh. Damn. Want.
Old 10-13-2018, 03:26 PM

Received 3,360 Likes on 2,443 Posts

I know they are a great product, but two things seem to stick in my mind about them. Firstly, I can't get over the fact that the supports are on an angle when they are in the full up position. I know they are safe but just the visual of seeing them angled like that would always give me concern when under the car. Secondly, are they really that quick of a jack ? I think I can get my car on 4 jack stands almost as fast if they have to be rolled into position each time. I also like to go under the vehicle from the side rail areas quite often, so they would basically have you entering from the front or rear of the vehicle. I'd love to try a set someday, gut just some general observations about them. .

Last edited by zeroptzero; 10-13-2018 at 03:39 PM.
Old 10-13-2018, 03:34 PM

Received 1,131 Likes on 994 Posts

isn't all that fast but allows access from all four side. No hoses to connect or leak. Mine leans against the garage wall most of the time 1/2" high-speed electric drill gets it up in roughly 90 seconds. Goes up 26" (maybe more) and is stable at any interval. Very happy with mine.

-- Chuck
Old 10-13-2018, 10:29 PM

Received 352 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Firstly, I can't get over the fact that the supports are on an angle when they are in the full up position.
There is one locking arm on each side. I locks in two positions, half and full lift. My 5,000 lb unit came from the first shipment in May of 2014. I've had numerous cars, SUVs, trucks and my cars up on it on frequently enough that I've had to top up the reservoir a couple or three times.

Secondly, are they really that quick of a jack ? I think I can get my car on 4 jack stands almost as fast if they have to be rolled into position each time.
No way. I'll get my car up and have a cup of coffee before you get a car onto jack stands. The stands sit on the garage floor. They just clear the underside of my S2000. You just drive the car over them and pull each stand out to the perimeter of the car, align it and then lift.

I also like to go under the vehicle from the side rail areas quite often, so they would basically have you entering from the front or rear of the vehicle. I'd love to try a set someday, gut just some general observations about them. .
That is an irritating limitation. I've learned to keep a box full of "likely" tools just outside the lift to minimize having to get my 74-year-old ass out the end and up on my feet frequently.

Last edited by hecash; 10-13-2018 at 10:36 PM.
Old 10-13-2018, 10:35 PM

Received 352 Likes on 209 Posts

BTW, I do recommend that you spray the unit down with Boeshield T9 and let it dry. Now, after more than four years of use, I'm starting to see some rust on wear areas like at the base of the locking arm.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:09 AM

Received 3,360 Likes on 2,443 Posts

All good points Harry, thanks for the info on that. I know they are perfectly safe and I would not hesitate using them, it is just the visual of seeing them on an angle that gets me from a distance, up close I am sure they look fine.

I guess if you can leave them in place and drive over them and use them as needed they would be quick to use. It seems like some people have to roll them into place and keep them stored in other locations which might slow down the process. I guess the added clearance makes it all worth it compared to jack stands and such.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:04 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Will buy a set some day.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:05 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I love my setup. I take mine to the track and use them a ton at home! I got a couple other track buddies to buy a set after they used mine.
Old 10-14-2018, 10:37 AM

Received 343 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck S
EZ Car Lift isn't all that fast but allows access from all four side. No hoses to connect or leak. Mine leans against the garage wall most of the time 1/2" high-speed electric drill gets it up in roughly 90 seconds. Goes up 26" (maybe more) and is stable at any interval. Very happy with mine.

-- Chuck
Sorry but that looks like a really crap ramp

Quick Reply: Just Bought QuickJacks!