Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

L.A. Auto Show Opinions (long)

Old 01-05-2003, 01:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L.A. Auto Show Opinions (long)

Here are some of my opions of various cars at the auto show. (long)

Audi A4 convertable = excellent interior, seats a little firm, headroom small

Audi A6 = great interior, plenty of room

BMW Z4 = Good interior overall (aluminum looks better than the ugly wood), exterior doesn't look better in person than in the photos, good driving position

Chrysler Sebring = it's really an eclipse inside..very small and cramped, exterior looks good

PT Cruiser = love the looks hate the seats

Buick Bengal = beautiful in and out...build it!

Buick Lacrosse = A little weird for me but still good looking and good direction for Buick to go in.

Cadillac XLR = Nice exterior and interior but I didn't fall in love with it

Dodge Magnum = Good looking outside...the thing is HUGE

Dodge M80 = very cool..build it

Dodge Razor = Very cool as well...build it as well

Honda Accord = great interior (tan leather and maple), didn't love the seats , exterior ok

Honda Element = Cheap Cheap Cheap...yeah I know they are going for teenagers and such and the asking price is low, but lord that thing has budget written all over the inside...call it the Hyundai Element

S2000 = what can I say...fits like a glove and beautiful too (they had the Suzuka Bule..not my favorite color but it still looked good)

Hyundai XG300 = LOVE the interior, exterior ok

Hyundai Tiburon = very nice styling, interior a little drab, seats ok

Infiniti G35 coupe = Yes yes yes...everything the Z could and should be

Infiniti G35 sedan = not as sleek as the coupe, but still pretty hot

Miata = the only other car there that fit me as well as the s2000. Love the interior and exterior. beautiful car

Mazda 6 = I wanted to really like this car...and I do except for the seats. Too many seats at the show had too much lumbar support...I felt like there was a little pillow behind my back...yes I know there are adjustments so you can reduce or increase the lumbar support, but sometimes after I reduced it as far as it would go I still felt like there was a bulge behind my back. The 6 was the epitome of this problem. Anyone have the same problem?

Mercedes C230 hatch = Not bad inside and out, but it just didn't ignite a spark in me

Mini = Yeah right...you wanna stand in line for 15 minutes to sit in one? Me either!

350Z = disappointing. I know, I know, they spent the money on the engine and suspension yadda yadda yadda....The G35 coupe is how it should be done. Though I still love the outside of this car especially in that funky blue

Nissan Murano = NOt bad. Good looks outside and in, though I don't like the gauge cluster. I know it moves up and down with the steering wheel but it looks like it comes out of a Pontiac

Lancer Evo = that seat hugs your ass tight! What can I say, it's and economy car with power, cheap inside but fast nonetheless.

Saab 9-3 = Loved it. Inside and out a great car!

WRX = Interior a little better than I expected...on the higher end of the economy class. The seat really is as good as the reviews say it is. Door sound tinny when opening and closing (same with the Z strangely), good room in the wagon.
Old 01-05-2003, 07:49 AM

i don't really consider a 30 grand lancer to be.. "economy"....
Old 01-05-2003, 12:55 PM

for what you get, it's a bargain..
Old 01-05-2003, 07:52 PM

Received 800 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally posted by zeraful
i don't really consider a 30 grand lancer to be.. "economy"....
You should do a bit of research on the car before you run around slamming it at every oppurtunity. It IS an economy car with some serious go-fast goodies underneath. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 01-05-2003, 08:51 PM

I'm going to the show this week, and I'm looking forward to it. You've reviewed the interiors of many of these cars, so I'm curious about how many are actually available to sit in? Last year I was really disappointed by how many seemingly mass-produced cars were roped off and out of touch. Subaru had their only WRX out of reach, which really seemed absurd when Honda had an S2000 wide open with a long line of people waiting to get in and rattle the shifter. Did you get in a Z4, or G35?
Old 01-05-2003, 09:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went there today, it was a pretty good show, the seats of the G35 coupe were comfortable. EVO was awesome, and the blue color of the Z was stunning. The interior and comfort of the SL500 and CL500 = heaven.
Old 01-05-2003, 11:44 PM

"Last year I was really disappointed by how many seemingly mass-produced cars were roped off and out of touch. Subaru had their only WRX out of reach, which really seemed absurd when Honda had an S2000 wide open with a long line of people waiting to get in and rattle the shifter. Did you get in a Z4, or G35?"

Sat in both. The Z4 felt good, but I didn't love the inside. the G35 felt very nice and I liked the interior very much. Funny you mention the s200 being open but the wrx roped off last year. When I went last time (not sure if it wa the one in Anahiem or LA) the s2000 was roped off! I was so disappointed.
Old 01-07-2003, 08:20 AM

Dodge Razor gets my vote...

Front engine, RWD
Inline 4, DOHC, 16-V, Turbocharged with intercooler
148.2 ci, 2429 cc
250 hp
230 ft-lb.
6-speed manual
F: P185/50R/19, R: P185/50R/20
$14,500 (Dodge est.)

5.5 seconds (est.)