S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Car and Bike Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/)
-   -   Legit charity raffles for 911 and M2 (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/legit-charity-raffles-911-m2-1192332/)

vader1 03-07-2019 09:18 AM

Legit charity raffles for 911 and M2

Many of you might be aware of these folks but a place called TRI Industries near Chicago raises money through some charity raffles and gives away some decent cars. From a little research it seems they are legit, unlike a couple ones that used to advertise in car mags and were frauds. They gave away a Cayman GT4 last year, Savage Geese did a video review of the car and a plug for the organization on his channel.

Anywho, if you are dreaming of a new 911 or M2 Comp, they currently have one of each that you can purchase tickets for. Although I did win a car once through a drawing it was never these guys, but I buy a couple tickets for cars I am interested in. Long odds of course, but much better than most lottery games. If you always wanted a 911 but think you will never afford one, throw them a few bucks and dream. If you win, please give me a few minutes behind the wheel of your new 911.

Tri-Industries

white98ls 03-07-2019 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by vader1 (Post 24574697)
Many of you might be aware of these folks but a place called TRI Industries near Chicago raises money through some charity raffles and gives away some decent cars. From a little research it seems they are legit, unlike a couple ones that used to advertise in car mags and were frauds. They gave away a Cayman GT4 last year, Savage Geese did a video review of the car and a plug for the organization on his channel.

Anywho, if you are dreaming of a new 911 or M2 Comp, they currently have one of each that you can purchase tickets for. Although I did win a car once through a drawing it was never these guys, but I buy a couple tickets for cars I am interested in. Long odds of course, but much better than most lottery games. If you always wanted a 911 but think you will never afford one, throw them a few bucks and dream. If you win, please give me a few minutes behind the wheel of your new 911.

Tri-Industries

Tell us more about this car you won in a drawing!

A guy at my work won a 997.2 GT3 AND a Cayenne Hybrid in a drawing at SEMA - and for some reason they even paid the taxes for him! He gave the Cayenne to his wife and tried to drive the GT3 to work but it was just too hardcore (he was probably mid-late 50s at the time, and already had a 993 Turbo) so he sold it after a year.

JonBoy 03-07-2019 10:39 AM

Thanks for posting this - I bought tickets for the M2 Competition and 911 T. :thumbup:

vader1 03-07-2019 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by white98ls (Post 24574724)
Tell us more about this car you won in a drawing!

I posted about it on this board a couple years ago but it was pretty much a strippo Mitsu Outlander Sport. Not nearly as cool as a pair of Porsches. I had it about two weeks until I found my Cayman and used it in trade. After taxes on the winnings, it gave me about a free $8k towards Porsche. Not a lot, but no complaints from me.

vader1 03-07-2019 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by JonBoy (Post 24574734)
Thanks for posting this - I bought tickets for the M2 Competition and 911 T. :thumbup:

It is a good cause and it would be pretty cool if one of us on this board came away a winner some day. Good luck to all! Except the M2, I want that one. :)

sam_spider 03-07-2019 11:54 AM

:thumbup: Just bought some for the 911. I'll happily make the drive to MN to let you have a spin if I win. Once it warms up of course ;)

darcyw 03-07-2019 01:20 PM

Savage Geese has promoted their good works on his channel- they are a charity I can get behind.

darcy

vader1 07-17-2019 08:20 AM

Last 2 days to get in on the M2 Competition!

They are short of their goal by a few thousand and it will be a cash prize if the don't get to $75k.

https://tri-industries.tapkat.org/wi...wm2competition

JonBoy 07-17-2019 09:26 AM

I bought more tickets during the July 4 "sale". Would be awesome to win a cash prize and a whole lot simpler than the car, honestly (I'd have to import to Canada).

jeffbrig 07-25-2019 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by white98ls (Post 24574724)
A guy at my work won a 997.2 GT3 AND a Cayenne Hybrid in a drawing at SEMA - and for some reason they even paid the taxes for him!

The PCA member raffles usually do that too. $50 tickets, and it's usually car + $25k to cover (most of?) the taxes.