Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Lincoln - What do you think?

Old 01-27-2019, 05:53 AM

Received 3,360 Likes on 2,443 Posts

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k
They're the American version of Acura.
Not when it comes to reliability and resale value, they are just plain ol Fords in that respect. A few years ago the domestics did a good job of trying to convince the public that they were building reliable cars for once. I took a dive into it and bought a few Fords, as I liked their styling and overall designs at the time. That proved to be a bad mistake, they really weren't reliable vehicles coming from the world of Hondas.

Trust me when I tell you that your brakes will be recommended for replacement 1 month out of warranty. Ford must spend thousands of hours in development to know exactly when their brakes will crap out. Their stability control systems are set up in a way that the rear brakes will wear out twice as fast as the front brakes, which really isn't normal by any standards. I hated that on the Fords we owned in the past, and my sister's Edge is still doing that. My Ford Explorer's rear wheel bearings failed a few months out of warranty at 70k kilometres, I've had Hondas with 200k kilometres that didn't need wheel bearings.

My sister's Edge had paint that blistered all over the vehicle like a case of measles, well within the warranty period within the first year of ownership. The head body shop guy at the dealership said it was a clear case of paint adhesion problems caused at the factory, yet the Ford warranty reps tried to blame her for the problem ? lol . The body shop guy at the dealership was so disgusted by Ford's response that he told the dealership owner that he would repaint the vehicle at no cost if Ford wasn't going to come through with warranty coverage. That employee had some morals, but the Ford organization was absolutely reprehensible.

My sister's driver door glass window has now cracked 3 times, once in warranty, and twice out of warranty, it happens whenever she hits a pothole with the window fully open and the glass tucked into the door cavity. Being a laminated glass panel it is ultra expensive to fix, and Ford won't acknowledge a problem with the vehicle. I just can't return to supporting that kind of manufacturer, I tried to give them a chance buying several Ford products for a few years after owning Hondas my entire life, but there is a huge difference between Ford and Honda when it comes to warranty issues and vehicle defects. Even if you have warranty coverage they are all trained to deny your claim right from the get-go, it is very disheartening. My sister bought her Ford Edge because I had bought a Ford Explorer at the time, she always buys extended warranties on her vehicles and they still tried to stiff her every time a claim arose. It was disgusting behaviour from Ford. Sorry but I just can't go back to that kind of business practice. Their products look great and drive well, but there is a lot to be desired after purchase and you find out the hard way.
The following users liked this post:
WolfpackS2k (01-29-2019)
Old 02-10-2019, 08:15 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a ‘66 Lincoln Continental convertible, so I have a soft spot for Lincoln’s. I really liked the Continental concept when it came out, but I did t like it when the production car came out.

I do, however, think the Aviator will be a HIGE hit when it comes out this summer. If it was available last fall, I would have purchased it over my Macan.