Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Logical upgrade from my S2000?

Old 11-16-2015, 12:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by windhund116
Very nice! Thanks, for doing such a good job, in this.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by VilleS2K
Originally Posted by Zygrene
Here's my 4 month ownership update on the NSX: https://youtu.be/p2LGzad_jMI
Wow, great review... talk about detailed! Thanks for posting.

Glad you're enjoying your NSX. It did sound a bit like you're trying to like (as opposed to genuinely liking) the more mature, relaxed and soft nature of the car relative to the S2000. Maybe I'm wrong... just the impression I got.

I've ridden in a stock NA1 and a modified NA1 (full bolt ons, suspension, wheels and tires, aero, gears, etc.). Stock, the car felt special - mainly because of the looks, how low you sit, the engine behind your ears, the visibility, etc. - but it's too mild for me. I prefer my S2000. Now the modded one was a different story. It was much quicker, more responsive and sharper than the stock one... impressive and much more my style. I'd like to own one, but I would never sell my S2000 to accomplish that.

Maybe one day I'll have both!

PS - enjoy the mods (you will!), after you enjoy it stock.
Thanks. I guess you could say I've "grown into" the NSX's more mature handling. At first I missed the sensitivity of the S2000, but I now accept and appreciate that the NSX is a different car. Ideally I would own both so I can pick which to drive depending on my mood.

The NSX-R replica I drove before I bought mine felt much more responsive. It had JDM gears, JRZ coilovers, intake/headers/exhaust, injectors, the works. Some day I may modify my NSX to emulate that one for track use, but that won't be happen for quite a while.

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
There is very few "logical" upgrades from the S2000, but more emotionally displaced ones. It always comes down to bang for the buck to me with this car. And it still currently wins after 12 years of ownership. Modding the platform to further improve on its existing attributes further solidifies my position with winning on this car in several arenas. Still waiting for a better car to come around, but not really.
I agree. The S2000 is still the most fun I've had on 4 wheels, period. In stock form nothing else I've driven has quite matched it. But that's fine. I don't regret moving on to the NSX one bit. I will always have the opportunity to pick up another S2000 when the time comes. It will be much harder to find an NSX.
Old 11-17-2015, 03:14 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
There is very few "logical" upgrades from the S2000, but more emotionally displaced ones. It always comes down to bang for the buck to me with this car.
A definition of what features of the S2000 one wants to upgrade is a good start... Looks, suspension, engine, purpose, technology, how it sits in market place at the time...

F-Type would be one that albeit at a high price point, a car that evokes much of the S2000. Looks, engine, technology... Twice the size, engine and weight, lol...
Old 11-18-2015, 04:06 PM

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

KW coilovers
Old 11-20-2015, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Billj747
KW coilovers
I'm planning to get KW V3 as one of my first upgrades, along with wheels.
Old 11-20-2015, 02:25 PM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Billj747' timestamp='1447895202' post='23807025
KW coilovers
Go with the Clubsports bro.
Old 11-20-2015, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by blueprint
Originally Posted by Zygrene' timestamp='1448047708' post='23808540
[quote name='Billj747' timestamp='1447895202' post='23807025']
KW coilovers
Go with the Clubsports bro.
[/quote]

Even for a mostly street driven NSX?
Old 12-08-2015, 09:00 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Kinda forget how tiny the NSX was, then you see it next to a BRZ.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:43 AM

Quick footage from yesterday's track day at MRLS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSRjZgHOrs4

After the first session it started pouring buckets. Drove the second (slow and oversteery) session in the wet and decided it wasn't worth the risk. Unfortunately the footage of that session got corrupted.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:25 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Quick footage from yesterday's track day at MRLS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSRjZgHOrs4

After the first session it started pouring buckets. Drove the second (slow and oversteery) session in the wet and decided it wasn't worth the risk. Unfortunately the footage of that session got corrupted.
i had a similar day. spun out in the first session thinking the track was dry when there was actually still some moisture. second session was raining and pretty sketchy. went home after that.

it was my first time running the Direzza ZII in the wet and they were not great...
Old 12-15-2015, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by 2000ths
Originally Posted by Zygrene' timestamp='1450125794' post='23827812

i had a similar day. spun out in the first session thinking the track was dry when there was actually still some moisture. second session was raining and pretty sketchy. went home after that.

it was my first time running the Direzza ZII in the wet and they were not great...
Was it a harmless spin? I saw that one BRZ that I'm fairly sure was totaled.

One of the NCRC organizers told me to keep my eyes open for a possible refund. I guess if MRLS refunds NCRC, they might refund us. I was looking forward to driving in a little rain to learn the car's limit handling, but the day ended up being pretty sketchy. Saw multiple car accidents on the way home.

Quick Reply: Logical upgrade from my S2000?