S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Car and Bike Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/)
-   -   look what i stumbled on .. (saturn sky forum) (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/look-what-i-stumbled-saturn-sky-forum-406619/)

bizlipkick 07-20-2006 07:19 PM

look what i stumbled on .. (saturn sky forum)

Hey guys- was crusing around some other car forums (all friendly- just like to see what other people are doing) and loook what this bozo put-

Both my sisters have Miatas. I got to drive one in Florida... First time I had been in a stick since a couple of Porsches that I had. I am six-foot-one. My shins pressed into the underside of the dashboard with the seat all the way back. The top of the windshield was in my line of sight. I had to scrunch to see under it or get bugs on my sunglasses to see over it.

It was fun, but just too darned small. My SKY fits me like a glove. I think it corners better. I didn't push the Miata to the limit, but my SKY power seems really right for the car. The Red Line should be "crazy fast."

After driving a Miata for a few days I knew I could never own one. As for the S2K, it has the same boring styling as a Miata with an extra ten grand hole in your bank account.

In my opinion the SKY Red Like will be vastly superior to both. It will cost marginally more than the Miata, but will be better equipped and way more power. It will come in under the S2K in terms of dollars for a much superior car. I heard Honda is discontinuing the S2000 - I am not surprised. There is nothing there.

If you want to drive a car that nobody will notice, get a Miata or a S2000. If you want a special car that looks great and people notice, get a SKY. If you want a SKY that is crazy-fast, get a Red Line.

There ya go.

---end quote---
not trying to start a war ( i admire gm for trying to open up its market a little) i just thought thi was humuorus... (spelling owns me)

MULDER 07-20-2006 07:39 PM

I think I have finally figured out how to put it in words........

A person who wants a real sports car wouldn't buy a Solstice or Sky.

Apply that to every senseless comment we have ever read those owners type and it all makes perfect :lightblb:.

no_really 07-20-2006 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by MulderATO,Jul 20 2006, 09:39 PM
I think I have finally figured out how to put it in words........

A person who wants a real sports car wouldn't buy a Solstice or Sky or a Miata or an S2000.

Apply that to every senseless comment we have ever read those owners type and it all makes perfect :lightblb:.

fix.t :D

Saki GT 07-20-2006 09:31 PM

Haha, I think if I fit that poorly into a Miata, anything would drive better than it! Of course, if you can't reach the grapes, might as well convince yourself they're sour.

Hootsama 07-21-2006 05:06 AM

Interesting post you found there. Not trying to start a war? With all those objective, friendly comments about the S2000? :rolleyes:

My response? "Uh huh. Good luck with your Sky, buddy. Really. In the meantime, how 'bout a nice hot cup of Go fu<k yourself?"

Oh, well. I guess this is just the beginning...

bizlipkick 07-21-2006 05:30 AM

no- its not trying to start a war until the e-thuggery comes out- i just thought it was humurous. these comments dont bother me anymore- i just think its funny allot of s2k guys i have heard on forums think the sky/solstice are good for competition and almost every comment you hear on sky/solstice boards talking about an s2k is how "overpriced" and "plain" it is. And for reference- the insurance card for a solstice reads performance coupe, mine reads sports car. ;)

Saki GT 07-21-2006 08:13 AM

http://www.ibiblio.org/cars/images/a...esticEthug.jpg

bizlipkick 07-21-2006 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Saki GT,Jul 21 2006, 08:13 AM

ooooo that guy is hardcore!!

SpeedxRacer 07-21-2006 09:13 AM

I dont see why owners get worked up on other peoples comments... its their opinion.

AbusiveWombat 07-21-2006 09:17 AM

Who cares. Every forum favors its car. This forum is no different. While this forum tends to be a bit more mature, there are still the honda fanbois that spout all sorts of ignorant comments on other cars.