Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

look what i stumbled on .. (saturn sky forum)

Old 08-03-2006, 05:52 AM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbogxp,Aug 3 2006, 01:15 AM
I can't wait until the GXP goes up against the S2000 in A-stock. There is nothing I can say about the car's handling until we FINALLY see some reviews of this car in magazines, but all of you who think the Solstice's suspension or handling traits are inferior to the S2000 are due for a lesson in the near future.
Quoted for permanence. We'll see, and I want a record of you having to backpedal if you're wrong.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every one has their personal tastes and is entitled to their opnion. Personally I don't care for the lines of the Sky and I think the Solstice is prettier and even more exotic looking than the S2K--on the outside. But I bought my s2k for other resigns besides just the body styling and acceleration. Ergonomics, handling, braking, fuel economy, and espeially reilability.

Like someone said, it will be interesting to see how the performance versions of the Solstice/Sky stack up. Until then I will reserve judgment.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:19 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Solstice looks like a frog on wheels. The Sky is a good looking car. Too bad its a crappy Saturn.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by vtec9,Aug 3 2006, 05:43 AM
But you can say things about its handling.. it won't be any better than the current solstice with the FE3 sport suspension.
No, it won't have a better suspension than the base Z0K car, which is the one crushing the 1999 Miatas in SCCA. Is that a bad thing for the car?
Old 08-04-2006, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by JonBoy,Aug 3 2006, 05:52 AM
Quoted for permanence. We'll see, and I want a record of you having to backpedal if you're wrong.
I'm no gambler, but I stand by my predictions. Remind me, and you'll be the 1st one offered my apology if the Solstice GXP is not successful in A-stock. The low redline will be a huge issue but it won't be the car's handling that lets it down.

I am confident the car will handle superbly.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:38 PM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE=jimbogxp,Aug 4 2006, 10:28 PM] I'm no gambler, but I stand by my predictions.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:43 PM

having been a honda owner for the past 22 years, 10 cars, with only one maintenence issue (power window motor replaced under warranty) I'd have to say i'm somewhat prejudiced.

But, I did see a sky today, and i can't imagine how huge the blind spots must be with the top up and that tiny tiny rear window. with the top up the side windows are reminiscent of my old mg with side curtains, duck to look left, duck to look right.

Maintenance, no contest, nothing will match the honda.

The only success that GM has ever had with sports cars is the corvette .. I really will be surprised if the sky, solstice, make the grade.

Willienathen
Old 08-04-2006, 08:38 PM

Hey guys, regardless what we think, y'know they (both the solstice gxp and the redline) are going to sell very well.

The S is on its way out. The Miata will never get over it being a chick car (sadly). There are no other 20k-30k roadsters out there, are there?

I think, GM would have to screw up *really* bad to not make these cars sell.

And of course this is their first year. I'm sure in their second and third years they'd raise the HP to 300, and make changes and fix the things that went wrong.

What do I subjectively think about them. I don't like the way the solstice looks, but I really like the saturn. Would I buy the saturn...maybe. But, to me, there is no comparison to the S. It has one of the best shifters in the world, one of the best engines in the world, a fast automatic top, and known to have great performance for the price.

I look at the saturn and think it will never beat the S in those catagories, but it doesn't matter, like I said I'm sure they're going to sell fast.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:48 PM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by IheartS2ks,Aug 5 2006, 12:38 AM
The S is on its way out. The Miata will never get over it being a chick car (sadly). There are no other 20k-30k roadsters out there, are there?
I gotta tell you, it drives me crazy when anyone (but especially Sol/Sky owners) call the Miata a chick car, but then tells you how great the Sol/Sky is.

All three are low-powered roadsters. They are FAR more alike than different. So if one is a chick car, they are ALL a chick car. You can't claim the Miata is and the Sol/Sky isn't, or vice versa. FURTHERMORE, far and away the most popular reason Sol and Sky owners claim for buying and loving their cars is THE STYLING. "Oh, I would never consider the Miata because it's ugly." HELLO. It's a fawking sports car, and you buy it on the basis of STYLE? That sounds like the criteria my girliest of girlies girlfriend uses to buy cars, not a frigging sports car enthusiast.

If you bought you car solely because you think it's "stylin," you probably need to remove the johnson from your mouth before you start to speak, or you should put down the compact and cell phone girlfriend, and pull your head out of your ass.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:05 PM

I don't know if you were talking about me, but let's pretend you weren't.

I agree with your points. I meant the majority of people think that the miata was created by mazda for gays. The majority of people don't appreciate the miata for what it is, the same with the S.

That is why the majority of people will like the solstice and sky.

Most people buy the car for the way it looks. "Ohh what's that", "the sky", "oh I like it", every thing else for the buyer comes second.

Quick Reply: look what i stumbled on .. (saturn sky forum)