Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

looking for a new car

Old 11-04-2012, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for a new car

looking for a new car ( by saying new i mean another car ) i currently own a jetta gli 1.8t chipped with 6 speed

for the most i have 22k available or less ofc.

i am an open minded guy so give me some suggestions. i will try to test drive a s2000 next week but i havent found any to test drive yet.

so far my two choices are the vw r32 mk4 and the s2000 ap1 because of the 9k red line but i havent test drive neither both

what i ve seen on some s2000 owners is going for the bmw m3. whats so especial about that car? i know its beautiful but what about

performance?

i do know about cars but only in the vw/audi world so i would like personal experienced opinions, sorry if you had to read my horrible first post like mr macdaddies911 said. hopefully this intro is much better than the first one so please hit me up some advices and choices from your car driving experience. i am especially looking for a good car that can be modded with time and can be a truly beast! thanks!!!

note: someone is selling his z06 03 50th anniversary with 41k miles for 21k what you do you guys think about it? or maybe a vette c5 z06?
Old 11-04-2012, 03:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by druidirvin
well guys i will be try to be clear as water ;P. i currently own a mk4 jetta gli 1.8t 6 speed.
right know im looking for a car with the price range of 20k or less. what am i looking for is a car that runs strong and has to have nice reability. also it has to have low mileage. i am a vw fan but i am like most of the guys in this site! it respect all other brands ;P
i personally like the s2k a lot but i am also in love with the mk4 r32. i seen those for 19k with around 50k mileage with hpa forced induction making around 400 hp, what do you think about those? i know a lot of cars but only in the volkswagen/audi world so give me other tips and also what you think about the r32.
imma be test driving some s2k soon to see the difference between a fwd and a rwd ;P. note: i ve never driven a awd neither help me out s2k community ;P
Wow that hurt to read. Terrible grammar and 4 smiley faces.

$20k leaves you a ton of options. Why limit yourself to two cars? Also, IMO the R32 is such an overpriced car based on its performance.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:02 PM

my bad lol i know i have a terrible grammar, english is not my first language. the two cars i have seen so far that i like are the r32 and the s2k but what i am looking for is more options... i want performance and good reliability. so you said that the vw r32 mk4 is overpriced based on its performance so which cars would have good performance and good price. thanks
Old 11-04-2012, 10:26 PM

Seems like you value horsepower and straight line figure. I don't think the S2000 is your cup of tea, but then again you'll know the minute you drive one.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:06 PM

maybe the s2k is not the fastest one stock but i would say it looks amazing.. i even like more how the s2k looks compared to a c5 corvette. i need to drive one s2k and one r32 but i want to hear opinions thats why i made this topic to hear personal experiences about cars out there that i havent experienced with. thanks
Old 11-05-2012, 02:17 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

look up your nearest carmax locations and drive both cars, that's always the best answer to these types of threads.

the 2 cars cannot be more different - i will tell you i'm a power type of guy (i'm driving a modded ls3 vette now and had a few Evos/Sti) but the s2000's car to driver/car to road connection made me not give a crap. sure it's "slow" even when the f20c is screaming its lungs off at 9000rpm but holy crap what an experience driving that car is, especially with the top down while carving canyon roads.

the r32 has one of the best exhaust notes around but personally it did nothing for me when i drove it a few years ago. YMMV; drive both cars!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:35 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

R32 sure sounds awesome but is a world apart from an S2000. Personally, I am not a VW or Audi fan and neither I would put it the reliable group. The S2000 I would.

How old can you go back? Are you taking an auto loan? If so, I think that is generally 5 model years.

How about a Z4?
Old 11-05-2012, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by fusionchickenleg
look up your nearest carmax locations and drive both cars, that's always the best answer to these types of threads.

the 2 cars cannot be more different - i will tell you i'm a power type of guy (i'm driving a modded ls3 vette now and had a few Evos/Sti) but the s2000's car to driver/car to road connection made me not give a crap. sure it's "slow" even when the f20c is screaming its lungs off at 9000rpm but holy crap what an experience driving that car is, especially with the top down while carving canyon roads.

the r32 has one of the best exhaust notes around but personally it did nothing for me when i drove it a few years ago. YMMV; drive both cars!
yeah the exhaust is the best out there so far for me. i can get one of tose r32 with hpa fi with 50k miles for around 19k and making around 400+ hp but what do you think about it? and but i disagree about the s2k being low w/o any fi, and the point you are trying to make is that i should try off the s2k or if not buy a vette ls3? thanks

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
R32 sure sounds awesome but is a world apart from an S2000. Personally, I am not a VW or Audi fan and neither I would put it the reliable group. The S2000 I would.

How old can you go back? Are you taking an auto loan? If so, I think that is generally 5 model years.

How about a Z4?
damn the z4 is nice man but for how much are they? but inst the s2k is much better than the z4 in performnce field? thanks
Old 11-06-2012, 05:38 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

[quote name='druidirvin' timestamp='1352163304' post='22131742'damn the z4 is nice man but for how much are they? but inst the s2k is much better than the z4 in performnce field? thanks
[/quote]

Z4 and S2000 drive differently. I would not say the S2000 is much better in performance. Depends on the engine, but in a car like that a lot depends on the driver. Z4 felt roomier inside by a little. Z4 had more grunt to it that I expected and on the used market the Z4 should have a better servicing history. Honda does not pay for service (not that the car needed much), but at least BMW is more apt to have records and scheduled history.

Best advice is to drive everything, even if it's not really a consideration. The more cars you get to drive, the more informed your decision based on your experience and impressions, not ours...
Old 11-09-2012, 01:07 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by druidirvin
Originally Posted by fusionchickenleg' timestamp='1352114220' post='22129970

yeah the exhaust is the best out there so far for me. i can get one of tose r32 with hpa fi with 50k miles for around 19k and making around 400+ hp but what do you think about it? and but i disagree about the s2k being low w/o any fi, and the point you are trying to make is that i should try off the s2k or if not buy a vette ls3? thanks

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol

How about a Z4?
damn the z4 is nice man but for how much are they? but inst the s2k is much better than the z4 in performnce field? thanks

Sorry, my point was that the s2000 does not need the power of my past/present cars (modded Evos/Stis/Vette) to be extremely fun.

Did you have a chance to drive both cars yet?

I also have a Z4M and it's an awesome car though the s2000 is much more tossable and nimble, I don't think I would take a z4 over an s2000 due to the fun factor of the latter.

Quick Reply: looking for a new car