Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Lotus Elise Supercharged

Old 03-22-2010, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Lotus Elise Supercharged

I am very tempted to buy an Elise after I test-drove the supercharged 2008 model a few days ago.

EVERYTHING about the ''driving pleasure'' aspect of the car is perfect. Steering, braking, acceleration, handling, driving position, etc...

It blew my mind so much that I am willing to live with the Solstice-Sky level of roof design.

Compared to the 190HP version I drove a year ago there is a pretty big difference felt from 2000RPMs all the way to redline. The car pulls hard at any RPM if you mash the throttle.

And the traction control actually lets you have some fun without turning it off.

What are your opinions on this car?

Yes it would be my daily driver but I am willing to live with the comfort level as I have no kids and am still fairly young
Old 03-22-2010, 05:44 PM

Go for it. My friend has an Exige S 240 and it's an absolute blast.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you can handle the price and comfort level, i say do it!! lol! lotus are very rewarding cars with an exotic class but awesome MPG!
Old 03-22-2010, 06:14 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wait for the bigger engine that will surely come.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i so want a 240... but my god i hate getting in and out
Old 03-22-2010, 06:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought your Boxster S was the perfect car for you?

Seriously, I wouldn't do it. You don't sound like the kind of guy who's tracking his car frequently (correct me if I'm wrong), and Porsches are much better street cars than Loti IMO.

Getting in and out every day (not just you, but passengers) will prob. get old quickly. Did you try it w/ the top on? It's even more of a PITA that way, and Lotus recommends not hanging onto the windshield frame since it lacks sufficient rigidity. What if somebody dings you in a parking lot? No easy bodywork fix, you're probably looking @ $10K for a front or rear clam replacement.

Also, the revised model has recently been unveiled, which will probably accelerate the depreciation curve.

Aside from the ingress/egress and clam fragility, I'd love to own one primarily as a track toy.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:16 AM

No I don't track my car often, you're right about that. Although I get a huge kick out of driving good handling cars at normal speeds on public roads: shifting, steering, engine sound, how the car takes corners.

I don't need to go over the speed limit or make my car drift around street corners to enjoy driving sports cars

I absolutely love my Boxster S but the level of ''connection'' between the car and myself was turned up a few notches in the Elise SC.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:26 AM

ive been following lotus quite closely as my next car will be some form of an elise/exige...

theres no new engine coming out for them anytime soon... the same 190 hp engine will stay in the elise for years to come, although the new 2010 elise looks a little more refined than previous models.... the elise SC is an awesome car, but for the price i think an exige is a better choice. especially the new 2010 exige, which has a very nice facelift! the S240 is still the best performing car out there from lotus, even beats out the new S260 in 3rd party testing, but im not sure thats in your pricerange :0

anyways... enough of my rambling... get it!!
Old 03-23-2010, 05:39 AM

The problem with the Exige is that I am addicted to roadsters. I need to be able to feel the sun-wind against my face
Old 03-23-2010, 06:02 AM

exige top is removable too....

Quick Reply: Lotus Elise Supercharged