Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Massive conversion for my CTS-V!

Old 04-24-2014, 01:17 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Massive conversion for my CTS-V!

Finally picked up my cts-v today after it underwent some serious surgery. Car is a blast and looks insane! Pics/info soon once I get home
Old 04-24-2014, 01:59 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Which CTS-V do you have? I suppose I'll find out when you upload pics....

Whether gen 1 or gen 2, they are certainly a blast to own!
Old 04-24-2014, 03:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, here she is! The body kit really came out great! The shop even installed an all wheel drive system, adjustable spoiler, and some sort of chrono stopwatch doohickey.

Without further adieu, pics:

Pre-bodykit:

Driving impressions once I've gotten more seat time. But are the initial ones:

-Pulls like a freight train (surprise?), and when in sport mode it pulls harder thanks to overboost
-Connection with the road is good, I'm still trying to figure out if the sport mode for suspension makes it stiffer, haven't felt much of a difference. Steering wheel connection with road is a bit muted
-Handles quite well for something with the engine in the wrong location (according to some people), but I haven't really tossed it around that much, was stuck in traffic for most of my journey home
-Interior quality is so much improved since the 996. This is my 3rd Porsche but first 997. I'm sure a lot of people still aren't a fan, but I really enjoy it. I wish I had the sports seats though

I was working a deal on a 2014 Maserati Granturismo. The dealership was being very lazy, after a few days I was getting nowhere, I would have to call them constantly to check in and see what was happening. I gave up and noticed this 997 for sale online, pretty much walked in and out, no fuss. I almost got a 996 GT3, but decided against it since I loved the 997 too much, plus I needed some creature comforts after coming from a fully loaded CTS-V.

Too bad the Maserati didn't work out, it was a great car that made great noises. But now I have a bullet proof beast that I know won't give me any issues in the future. I guess it is a relief I didn't go the Italian route. I already have a 355 and that thing has been a pain in my ass!

Sometime soon I'll try and take proper Dlsr pics and post them up. I will miss the CTS-V, but in the end it wasn't the car I really wanted. I definitely recommend the car, though. It was built very solid, I had zero issues with it, and the whine of that supercharger (after I installed an intake) was so cool sounding. It was incredibly easy to toss and drift that car, really didn't feel like a 4000lb whale.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:15 PM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

woah nice conversion, how much did it cost you?
Old 04-24-2014, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a beautiful Turbo! One day.. Definitely a bucket lister.
Old 04-24-2014, 03:22 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice change up! Both the 997 and the V are great cars. Apples to oranges, but great cars.

I love Masers myself. Inexplicable why the sales folks didn't want to sell one. Their loss!
Old 04-24-2014, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice, congrats! Was the CTS-V just too boring for you?
Old 04-24-2014, 04:01 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Oh you got me good. I was like wah they added awd and Porsche gauges???? Horrifying resemblance to a vw bug in that first exterior shot (I know family ties). Congrats I bet its a blast.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:56 PM
Gold Member

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

nice upgrade!
Old 04-24-2014, 08:41 PM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Gorgeous. Love the Porsche look, heritage, and performance

Quick Reply: Massive conversion for my CTS-V!