Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

My Accident at Laguna Seca :(

Old 01-15-2002, 04:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your accident, I'm sure you didn't expect it to be like that but I hope you'll get over it soon. Do more track runs when you have the chance to and slowly you'll pick up better driving skills and techniques. We aren't born Schumachers and accidents are always prone to happen, most important thing is to learn from the mistakes we make ... Good on you for the write-up, it gives the board to other members who weren't there or never been on a race track the insights of how dangerous it can be if not careful for one second.
Old 01-15-2002, 04:09 PM
Banned

VTEC Racer

I hope all works out with the car. As someone said, the important thing is that you are ok and no one was injured. The car can be repaired much easier than you can!

I'm sure it will be back to looking like new before you know it.

See you in June!

PS - Where has Greg been hiding his wife all this time???
Old 01-15-2002, 04:18 PM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Great write up but it really sucks that you had the accident. Is your insurance going to cover it?

One more question, when did Greg get married?

Originally posted by VTEC Racer
Greg Stevens wife for being so helpful and comforting after the accident.
Old 01-15-2002, 04:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by honda_s2k
I was at Watkins Glen...

My home track!
Old 01-15-2002, 04:19 PM

Who is going to post about the other accident.

Tan
Old 01-15-2002, 04:28 PM

VTEC Racer - After 10+ years of Driving Schools I would be wrong to say your story does not repeat in my mind often. I have come home from the track only once on a flat bed (rear wheel bearing I did not have in my spare parts bin) but every time I drive home I thank my lucky stars. I have always wondered how I would handle the situation and it sounds like you did very well. Keep your head held up high! I experienced a near major crash several years ago going into the Inner/Outer Loop and have replayed that situation over and over in my mind. I made one of the classic errors, I followed too close to the car in front of me and was not looking up enough. As I looked at the backend of the M3 in front of me I was not aware he had taken a really bad turn in, and I paid the price for his bad turn in point. Now I'm older and stay back a bit more from the car in front and realize it is all about education, fun and safety so I don't need to crowd the slow car in front of me, I'll get him sooner or later, no rush, no big deal. Good luck getting your S2000 put back together. Remember, you and your passenger are fine.
Old 01-15-2002, 05:32 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Triple-H
[B] ...the Inner Loop...
Old 01-15-2002, 06:21 PM

Originally posted by honda_s2k
The Inner/Outer Loop. My favorite part of the track! I loved coming down the straight and setting up for that "tea cup handle" turn! Watkins Glen is the best. I really do want to do another Track Time class there!
Hey honda-s2k - I have to disagree.
For years I have been doing the CRX-Si at The Glen. The Inner/Outer Loop is okay, but the good time is from Big Bend (just out of the Outer Loop, Turn 5) down the hill to the Toe of the Boot (Turn 7). Going UP the back straight is a tough climb for the little CRX-Si, but flying down the hill into The Toe is the best. Gravity has always been my friend!
Old 01-15-2002, 06:22 PM
S2R

sorry about your car. many of us spun out as well, so it could have happened to any of us. we were fortunate.
Old 01-15-2002, 07:54 PM

Thanks for all the support guys. My main concern was what and how to tell my dad. I told him the exact truth about what happened and even showed him pictures of the car I'm glad to say that he is greatly supporting me. After all, he told me not to go, I went. I got into an accident, the car is in a town 385 miles away that he has never even heard of, the insurance is gonna go up, and he's paying the deductible. The weight that has been lifted off my back is enormous. The second I finished telling him, I was so relieved. My whole body just felt so light, I thought I could fly, lol.

Oh, and about Greg Stevens "wife", I'm sorry, I guess I was wrong. The lady who I was refering to is the one who got into an accident with her S, got it repaired, and on the way home from the shop, got hit by a deer. I don't know where I got the idea that she was Greg's wife. I guess I was just WAY to confused at the moment, didn't know what was going on or anything.

Gosh, I'm just so damn glad that I own an S2000 so I can be affiliated with all you great people! The amount of support I have recieved, the many offers of help, I just can't get over what an AWESOME group of people you (we) all are.

Quick Reply: My Accident at Laguna Seca :(