Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

My new DD: 2015 WRX

Old 04-06-2014, 04:21 PM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by s.hasan546
Premium. I wanted the limited but honestly I hate subaru leather. It's thin and ages really poorly usually.
Subaru has always done fabric better than leather IMO, and I too would prefer cloth even if they were the same price.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:03 PM

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Originally Posted by s.hasan546' timestamp='1396829383' post='23100129
Premium. I wanted the limited but honestly I hate subaru leather. It's thin and ages really poorly usually.
Subaru has always done fabric better than leather IMO, and I too would prefer cloth even if they were the same price.
Lol yup. Surprisingly I really like the cloth. The Vw cloth looks better bc of the plaid pattern but I think the quality is the same.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:23 AM

Received 379 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by woodburn
Originally Posted by TommyDeVito' timestamp='[url="tel:1396663622"
1396663622[/url]' post='23098173]
It isn't a EJ motor dude perhaps you should know what you are talking about, it's the new DIT FA. Big difference. #4 piston is no longer next to the turbo. That should be history. That's an EJ motor problem, always has been. This isn't the same motor.

Congrats. Same color as my GR, DGM. It really shows the lines well and when I bought my STi it's the only color choice I wanted

I'll be buying one as soon as the 5 door is ready. Should be it 2 years at the latest. Subaru ack'd this week that it was a bone and it's now on the table for decisions. There are lots of folks not happy after 13 years straight of a 5 door offering and it's made its' way around the forums as well as the press and zines. They also didn't get the pre-order they thought they'd get. STi still has the EJ and no 5 door will do that.

I can't wait. Hopefully we'll see the FA in the STi at that point as well.
Your right I was talking about thinking he bought the sti but even that motor has it's own set of bullshit problems.
Seeing as this motor is only in the FXT and those owners have reported 0 issues I'm not sure where you are getting intel but it is incorrect.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito
Seeing as this motor is only in the FXT and those owners have reported 0 issues I'm not sure where you are getting intel but it is incorrect.
hes an idiot. no point in paying any attention to him
Old 04-07-2014, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Questions for the OP
Did you inquire if any of the options that are on the website are actually options that they might order directly from the factory?
Like the STi alloy wheels, shifter, front and rear spoilers/undertrays?

The website points out that each option is "dealer prices may vary" so it doesn't really appear to be a factory option. Basic factory options are the added packages for premium and limited.

Are the 17" STi alloy wheels any wider than stock WRX?
Old 04-07-2014, 11:20 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by berny2435
The website points out that each option is "dealer prices may vary" so it doesn't really appear to be a factory option. Basic factory options are the added packages for premium and limited.
When I bought my WRX back in 2002, virtually every option if not all were dealer installed.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by berny2435
Questions for the OP
Did you inquire if any of the options that are on the website are actually options that they might order directly from the factory?
Like the STi alloy wheels, shifter, front and rear spoilers/undertrays?

Are the 17" STi alloy wheels any wider than stock WRX?
Those prices are available on clubwrx & nasioc. Most of the prices are the same as the year before give or take $50. Their is an MSRP for the parts, some dealers can charge more or less. Most of those parts are what they call "Port-installed" parts. If you order them with the car, the options get installed at the port. If you add them later you have to pay for the parts & sometimes install/

The 17" STi wheels are the same size i think. But their expensive. $1600 i think. id rather get aftermarket wheels.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, just seeing how they are optioning these cars from the factory b/c nerd car knowledge and SCCA solo autoX classing.
If it's dealer installed, it's considered aftermarket in the eyes of SCCA. But if it's a factory option, it's not. Wider wheels, short shifter and so on are helpful mods. I definitely wouldn't want to buy those STi wheels for $1,600 if they are eact same size as regular WRX wheels.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:36 AM

Received 379 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by s.hasan546
Originally Posted by TommyDeVito' timestamp='1396884199' post='23100988
hes an idiot. no point in paying any attention to him
Yeah, every post is negative.

Your engine is good to go, enjoy. For the first time the WRX engine is better than the STi.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Grats OP! Looks nice!

And as far as the hating goes, it's pretty norm here for a bunch of people to hate on Subarus. It's a Honda site after all.

Quick Reply: My new DD: 2015 WRX