Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

ND2 vs SS 1LE

Old 06-25-2019, 07:18 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Can’t go wrong with the 1le.

i couldn’t get past visibility out of it to make it the only car. So I have a challenger hellcat and a Gt350r.

V8s in manual are just better. Both my cars get smaller when you drive them hard. I was tracking against a zl1 1le, and that’s one hell of a car. Brought out the cat and he couldn’t pull on me in the straights but darn that thing corners.

you live once. I buy tires every 6 months. I could eat out more if I didn’t but the woman doesn’t complain.
Old 06-25-2019, 09:46 PM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Just an fyi there is a dealer in Miami I have been eyeing for a while now and they have new 1ss 1le for around $36-$38k I believe. https://www.bomninchevrolet.com/Vehi...-FL/3445932443
btw that would be the car I would pick as well. Even though I had issues with GM in the past. The car is a bargain at under $40k
Old 06-26-2019, 04:58 AM
CMK

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

And now of course the rumormill is in full effect...

Chevrolet Camaro Will Die in 2023, No Seventh-Gen Successor Planned: Report
Old 06-26-2019, 08:02 AM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

I have looked at both cars myself. I think the Chevy is a great bargain for what it is, but I hate,hate,hate the interior. I was reading a recent comparo in one of the car rags and they just ripped into the interior so I guess I am not alone. It has the ugliest steering wheel on planet earth and if I had one I would instantly look into seeing if swapping a Corvette wheel was possible. Strange complaint, I know, but that thing just bugs me.

I really dig the Miata RF styling and size. Plunking down in the tiny cockpit just feels awesome. I wish it had 10 more foot pounds of torque, but otherwise it is a fun car. Maybe a tune would fix that, but small NA motors don't seem to get much torque out of a tune.

But after driving a bunch of stuff I came to the conclusion I will get a lease return M240i in the next year or so as a daily. We had to do a home improvement that costs as much as a new M3 so all I can do right now is press my nose against the glass and look at cars on the showroom floor. My pockets are empty and I really have the itch for a new ride. Time moves slowly when you are broke.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:14 AM

Received 483 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by ZSAK
Just an fyi there is a dealer in Miami I have been eyeing for a while now and they have new 1ss 1le for around $36-$38k I believe. https://www.bomninchevrolet.com/Vehi...-FL/3445932443
btw that would be the car I would pick as well. Even though I had issues with GM in the past. The car is a bargain at under $40k
Yeah those prices typically include a bunch of incentives no one could qualify for all of them. Going unicorn rate per forum's, and you know how people love to exaggerate the deals they got, is 38k before ttl. Great deal but I'd rather just wait for a used one for low 30.

The 2019 front has officially grown on me, I actually kinda dig it.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:15 AM

Received 379 Likes on 282 Posts

I'd rather have the V8 between those 2. But I'd also be looking at a PP 5.0 GT.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by CMK
And now of course the rumormill is in full effect...

Chevrolet Camaro Will Die in 2023, No Seventh-Gen Successor Planned: Report
You know what's really annoying about that is they finally build a legit good platform that doesn't make any excuses, and then they fumble it with packaging or over complicating things.

The ats should've just offered the same engines as camaro, the biggest knock against the ats was its questionable reliability. Seriously, if the ats came with the lt1 and had a luxury interior, its be a serious contender against BMW, hell I think alot of us would've want one.

The camaro is a great car, its arguably a better car than the mustang and challenger, but they fumbled the styling. Everyone complained about the 5th gens visibility, so let's make it worse the second time around.

And now they think oh I guess people don't want it, instead of owning up to their mistakes.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito
I'd rather have the V8 between those 2. But I'd also be looking at a PP 5.0 GT.
You mean pp2? The weird thing about the pp2 it's pretty much a special order package so not alot of discounts to be had. By the time you get all the options of the 1le (add recaros) it ends up being a good amount more. And a stones throw from a shelby. And it just isnt as good as the 1le, although it does look better, but not so much better to justify the cost difference, and I'm a huge fan of the s550.

The pp2 would be one of those used gems to buy in a few years after it depreciates.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:40 AM

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Maybe a better question is, how badly do you miss the other V8s you had in your life? Is the only thing you miss is the power? Maybe you're just seeing it through rose colored glasses and forgot how little you could utilize such power? Also remember the Camaro has really really crappy blind spots. Thats going to suck in Bay Area traffic.

Personally i'd go with the ND2. My roommate has the ND1 and that is a blast just driving around the city streets of Fremont. With the added power and higher redline i cant even imagine how much more fun it would be.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by xxyion
Maybe a better question is, how badly do you miss the other V8s you had in your life? Is the only thing you miss is the power? Maybe you're just seeing it through rose colored glasses and forgot how little you could utilize such power? Also remember the Camaro has really really crappy blind spots. Thats going to suck in Bay Area traffic.

Personally i'd go with the ND2. My roommate has the ND1 and that is a blast just driving around the city streets of Fremont. With the added power and higher redline i cant even imagine how much more fun it would be.
Alot. I missed the immediacy of power in the vette with the creature comforts of the shelby.

No matter which one I choose, there will be something I will miss. The power and overall attitude of the ss 1le is awesome. The nimbleness, running costs and to my eye sexiness of the nd rf. Both great cars in their own right.

Quick Reply: ND2 vs SS 1LE