Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Need help picking out a new daily

Old 06-19-2017, 01:19 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ditto on a 3G TL Type S.

I just bought a 6MT one and love it, but they do come in auto
Old 06-19-2017, 02:47 PM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Hakkaboy
ditto on a 3G TL Type S.

I just bought a 6MT one and love it, but they do come in auto
its the best gen of the TL.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:22 PM

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts

Get a GS400. You will have a couple grand left over.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:23 PM

Received 105 Likes on 81 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...s400-112k.html
Old 06-19-2017, 08:28 PM

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm a little surprised a G35 or G37 hasn't come up. I had a g35 for 7 years without a serious problem. Wife has the EX35 which is the hatchback/crossover version. Naturally aspirated 300+ hp and revs to 7500. That V6 is nice.

I do like more the feel of E90 328i though it's not nearly as powerful. Of course for big power the twin turbo 335i is a monster with just a tune--that car is iffy and if you consider it proceed with caution and do your research. Both the 328i and 335i are German with all that implies.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

G35/G37 - I did consider but half of the ones i see are modded to the point of no return, i don't think i've ever seen one with the original rims lol.

GS400 - I was considering too but the gas mileage as a daily kinda bums me out, my roommate also has a LS400 and me and my girl weren't too big of a fan of it

TL Type S - Ah, i never considered this one but the manual option makes me regret not getting it when i drive the automatic xD (auto loses the diff as well) no parking sensors though for such a new car probably cheaper maintenance than a european car, but i'm trying to branch out from the honda/acura family but will be considered!

RSX Type S - two door hatchback are two things my girl doesn't want lol, looking more for like compact/midsize sedan really, i used to have an integra and she hated the thing so much (but i loved it)

Dodge Charger SRT - i've driven a 2000s charger and it was fun, but like you said gas mileage really suffers and i spend alot of time in stop/go traffic for work. I could spend more than 10k(limit would probably be around 25k, but i'm trying to keep it around 10-15k) i actually got my 01 S2K for 10k w/130k miles

A4/3 series - shes not ready for another german car(both agreed it would probably be better to buy under warranty when we're better off in life) her "dream" car is the A7 but thats well out of reach atm

So far the top contenders are the 2006/07 Volvo S60R, Acura TL Type S, and the Honda Accord V6. oh and the Buick Park Avenue Ultra, theres a guy selling one nearby me for $8k, but it has 56k original miles and everything is pretty minty(comes with the front bench seat too!)
Old 08-02-2017, 07:40 AM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Are you buying this ride for you or her? Although my wife has keys for both of "my" rides, she doesn't drive them because they don't feel like the are "hers" and knows how much I like them, and doesn't want to be the one in them if something were to happen to them. I don't mind.

So... If your girlfriend is learning how to drive, teach her on a stick and make a car gal out of her.

If you are young and don't have kids, what's the purpose of 4 doors?

Live life while you are young and buy the 4 doors when you need them. 3 of our 4 cars are 2 door, and we rarely if ever need 4 doors.

I'm biased, but C5's make great daily rides, are not maint whores, and are pretty much bulletproof. You might be surprised how much you like them.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Shes thinking about learning stick and it will probably end up being "my" ride. My daily atm is my s2k and it works, but i need a 4 door for when i wanna go camping or take out friends(her friends that dont drive either zzz) having a new daily will let me do the things i wanna do on my s2k(its been raised up an inch to minimize scraping @.@) while keeping the miles on it down. Im also getting promoted to be kitchen manager on the food truck i work on, so ill have to start buying stock and stuff and the s2k isnt gonna cut it.
And i hear you about the C5's, but i think im going to hold onto the s2k until i can afford an early viper haha.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:00 AM
Community Organizer

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkArsenic
And i hear you about the C5's, but i think im going to hold onto the s2k until i can afford an early viper haha.
96-97 Viper GTS is the next car purchase for me. Has always been the dream ever since I knew what cars were.

Would like to have the C5 and S2k with it but I'm running out of room. We will have to see how it works.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:06 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lane_viper
96-97 Viper GTS is the next car purchase for me. Has always been the dream ever since I knew what cars were.

Would like to have the C5 and S2k with it but I'm running out of room. We will have to see how it works.
How long have you had your z06? I was thinking of picking one up in place of my 911. After my 911 got damaged while parked at my condo, I am super paranoid about it now. It also recently had a convertible top issue that I had to pay out of pocket to fix.

I figured a c5 z06 would be a car I wouldn't be too worried about, I wouldn't baby it at all, kinda looking for something older and more rough around the edges. They also sound pretty nice with a good exhaust setup. I've seen them in my area going for 18k-22k with around 40k-60k miles. But that stickshift and wheel would have to go ASAP...

Quick Reply: Need help picking out a new daily