Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > General Interest > Car Talk
Reload this Page >

New Acura NSX - sales failure?

Notices
Car Talk Discussions and comparisions of cars of all makes and models.
View Poll Results: Which NSX would you buy money no object?
Original NSX
53.52%
New NSX
46.48%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

New Acura NSX - sales failure?

Old 10-25-2018, 03:55 PM

Liked 63 Times in 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Piero914 View Post
Maybe I'm crazy, but I think the Cayman is better looking than anything Honda has ever released
What? A sportscar from a sportscar-focused company has a better-looking car than anything from a plebeian manufacturer of daily-drivable, reliable vehicles? Whaaaaat?

That said, the new NSX looks way better than the Cayman, to my eye. It's just twice the price...or three times the price...or four times the price, depending on options on either end.
Old 10-25-2018, 05:37 PM

Liked 31 Times in 25 Posts

Originally Posted by JonBoy View Post
That said, the new NSX looks way better than the Cayman, to my eye. It's just twice the price...or three times the price...or four times the price, depending on options on either end.
The new NSX is a beautiful car by all measure. If it had a different logo and backstory, the conversation would be much different. The promise of a V10 is much different than the delivered hybrid, but other than that it a state of the art sports car. XJ220 promised one power plant and delivered a much different one. In the end it was still one of most beautiful sports cars of all time. Perhaps the long story will be similar with the new NSX?
Old 10-25-2018, 08:16 PM

Liked 63 Times in 55 Posts

Maybe, but I'm not holding my breath. People were disappointed with the car before it ever came out, and most still are, despite having never driven it. It's a car that can "disappoint" (with 0-60 in 3s and 1/4 in low 11s?) based on numbers rather than realizing how it's done (effortlessly and on-demand, without requiring a ton of drama, and yet involving the driver) and realizing that it's an everyday supercar in every sense of the word, just like the original. Funny how our expectations can temper our perception of reality.

That said, the original had the same uphill battle and it's now a classic for many reasons. There may be hope that people come to their senses at some point in the future about NSX 2.0.