S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Car and Bike Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/)
-   -   New Car (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/new-car-1190425/)

mosesbotbol 12-17-2018 12:36 PM

New Car

Our Jaguar XE R Sport lease is up soon, so we took plunge on a replacing it early. Looked at a few options; Jaguar XF Sportbrake, Range Rover Velar, Volvo V90, and Land Rover Evoque Convertible. This is what we ended up with, a 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription. This is the fanciest XC60 offered without being a hybrid plug in. Interior is very plush with high quality materials and is a very nice car all around. Stylish inside and out. We were really close on a XC60 T5 R Design in bright red, but wife liked (as did I) this one better. Got a fantastic deal on a lease.

The engine is a 2.0L 4 cylinder that is both supercharged and turbo charged. Has more options than I can think of and need to go back to the dealer for the new owner presentation. Had to rush getting it today and wife is out with XE so she is the one that needs the presentation too.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.s2k...dcc26d9489.jpg

JonBoy 12-17-2018 01:58 PM

The interior on those really is fantastic. I like the exterior as well.

I'm not sold on the engine, though. It gets the job done but it's what I would deem to be needlessly complex. I don't know why you wouldn't just put a V6 and turbo or supercharge it to achieve very similar results. You're leasing it so it's a non-issue but I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole, as a long-term vehicle....

mosesbotbol 12-17-2018 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by JonBoy (Post 24544844)
I'm not sold on the engine, though. It gets the job done but it's what I would deem to be needlessly complex. I don't know why you wouldn't just put a V6 and turbo or supercharge it to achieve very similar results. You're leasing it so it's a non-issue but I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole, as a long-term vehicle....

The engine is actually an advantage to them. It's the same I4 2.0 across the whole range. It cuts down on design and manufacture costs big time. That savings goes into other parts per price point. I believe the T6 XC60 has more HP than the competing cars, but that's the last reason to buy a Volvo IMO. Our last S60 T5 was without one mechanical issue to 33K miles. Yes we are leasing so not caring so much on the long term. I have a feeling their better than you'd imagine. Supercharged and Turbocharged!?! That's like out of an 80's rally super car. Hopefully more reliable. 20" wheels and bought tire/wheel insurance for the term of the lease. Our XE went through 6 tires and 4-5 wheel repairs in 3 years; so totally worth the $1300 paid.

I'll get some interior pictures soon; that's pretty cool.

QUIKAG 12-18-2018 04:04 AM

Congrats! Those are nice looking rides. What was the lease payment since we are in car talk and most all of us talk about that kind of stuff? :)

mosesbotbol 12-18-2018 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by QUIKAG (Post 24544988)
Congrats! Those are nice looking rides. What was the lease payment since we are in car talk and most all of us talk about that kind of stuff? :)

This was the whole deal... Keep in mind a week or two from Christmas is the best time to buy a car on the lot.

MSRP was 61.5K.

I owed 5 payments remaining on the XE at $640 (Jaguar does a 3 month "pull back" on a lease trade as credit to the JLR dealer)

Volvo gave me a check for the remaining payments and discounted the car about $7500 (GM at Volvo did the finance on our XE when he worked at my local JLR dealer). I bought tire/rim insurance for the length of lease.

Lease is 39 month with $3,200 down (includes tire/rim in down payment) $690 a month. Volvo includes all scheduled service.

Saki GT 12-18-2018 05:01 AM

I love that SUV and current Volvos in general - I'd lease one but never buy one though.. that powertrain is way too complicated.

mosesbotbol 12-18-2018 05:04 AM

The best deal we could've had was on the 2018 Jaugar XF Sportbrake. This car is a beast. It's an S level trim car with an $82K sticker. The dealer was ready to knock it down 21K and credit the remaining XE payments; that was before we were onsite. Wife wasn't into the color of the car (silver) and has more affinity towards the Volvo marque.

CMK 12-18-2018 05:33 AM

I'm in love with these new Volvos, but Consumer Reports just released their latest reliability rankings and Volvo went from top-five to DEAD LAST thanks to the new architecture. Don't void that warranty!

mosesbotbol 12-18-2018 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by CMK (Post 24545026)
I'm in love with these new Volvos, but Consumer Reports just released their latest reliability rankings and Volvo went from top-five to DEAD LAST thanks to the new architecture. Don't void that warranty!

No kidding. I hope that is not the case, but this car is way high tech.... Our 15.5 S60 never had one mechanical issue. The front cowling was a little warped. Drove it to the dealer and they fixed it while the engine was running and I was in the car. Was like a NASCAR pit stop. That was the only non-scheduled maintenance we ever had. Well, the dealer is near the house and they have a cool Volvo loaner fleet. So if it's in the shop we save lease miles which I am pretty sure we'll exceed.

CMK 12-18-2018 06:36 AM

h/t to TrueDelta's Facebook Page:

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.s2k...64739403c6.jpg

Looks like they weren't top-five before, I guess thanks to the XC90 being out for a couple years.