S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Car and Bike Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/)
-   -   New Cv Axle now car won't go into gear Help!!! (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/new-cv-axle-now-car-wont-go-into-gear-help-1195023/)

davidsalata 06-20-2019 06:22 AM

New Cv Axle now car won't go into gear Help!!!

Hello I just recently bought a New CV Axle as the original one broke. And it's beyond repair. I went to oreilys and bought an Import Direct CV Axle for my passenger side. It was put in correctly. As I had help from a buddy who went to school for cars. It popped into place just fine. Seems to be in their very good. I jacked car up. And moved the tire and it seems to be in their fine as well. After starting car up.
When I go to put it in any gear the car won't move when put into any gear. Their is a new clutch and fly wheel. And I didn't have any issues driving it b4. We took it apart and put it in and when it fine. Still same thing. It did leak a lot of trans fluid when I replaced it. So I'm kinda of thinking I maybe need to top of the trans fluid? But I'm not sure tbh. If any one could give me some ideas I appreciate it. It's a 2002 honda accord ex. 2.3l 5 speed manual. Also I didn't even need to put clutch down and the gear box moved freely. So either new axle is problem or I just need to top off trans fluid again?

engifineer 06-20-2019 07:25 AM

First thing, aftermarket axles are notororiously bad for our car. OEM is really the way to go. Lots of people have issues with the aftermarket units.

Second, I am not sure why transmission fluid leaked when you changed axles? You should not have even touched the transmission. If you meant differential, you never open it to swap axles, so no clue why you were seeing leakage there. The flange simply bolts to the flange on the axle.

You say it DOES go into gear, but does not move. Do you mean it stalls when you let out the clutch, or does it act like it is in neutral?

Nothing about the axles has anything to do with the car going into gear.

starchland 06-20-2019 10:01 AM

Accord.
is it actually engaging a gear? Did you reconnect the shifter cables? Clutch is installed properly? Bled the clutch hydraulics etc?

engifineer 06-20-2019 10:20 AM

Ah I missed the Accord part as I guess I did not expect those questions on a forum specific to the S2k :P Sorry for any confusion!

freq 06-20-2019 10:37 AM

Users first post on an S2000 site and it's a question about his Accord.

Nicely done.

Midnightdennis 06-21-2019 03:43 AM

"Car TalkDiscussions and comparisions of cars of all makes and models."

reading is essential

freq 06-21-2019 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Midnightdennis (Post 24615052)

reading is essential

Yup, I realized what forum we were in after I posted. Still don't care.

I'll bet there's an Accord forum out there somewhere.

Thomas Guide 07-25-2019 07:03 PM

These guys might be able to help you.

Accord Forum

jeffbrig 07-25-2019 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Midnightdennis (Post 24615052)

reading is essential

Note, that doesn't mean this forum is a catch all "under the hood" for all makes and models. It's more a hangount for discussing other non-s2k enthusiast cars, as many of us have moved on to other cars.