S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Car and Bike Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/)
-   -   The new Honda Civic Type R (World Market version) (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/new-honda-civic-type-r-world-market-version-1151476/)

Janus00 04-25-2016 04:01 PM

The new Honda Civic Type R (World Market version)

I'm curious to find out what everyone's opinion of the new CTR is, and what their thoughts are about what it might be like?

I have considered waiting it out to pick up the new one, but the idea of having a modded S seems to be a little more appealing. I have always been a fan of the Type R line, and the attention to detail, and workmanship that was put into the previous versions. Some of this same workmanship and attention to detail went into making the S2000, but I don't feel it was a track car out of the box like the Type R versions were designed.

What do you think?

qBIRD 04-25-2016 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Janus00 (Post 23948218)
I'm curious to find out what everyone's opinion of the new CTR is, and what their thoughts are about what it might be like?

I have considered waiting it out to pick up the new one, but the idea of having a modded S seems to be a little more appealing. I have always been a fan of the Type R line, and the attention to detail, and workmanship that was put into the previous versions. Some of this same workmanship and attention to detail went into making the S2000, but I don't feel it was a track car out of the box like the Type R versions were designed.

What do you think?

I hope to be in the market for one by the time it comes out. I will reserve final judgement until I see how it looks but I actually like the looks of the new hatchback it will be based on. I will need to get my CR paid off first but the only catch is I drive 134 miles round trip 3-4 times a week for work and do not want to daily it or my CR so I will need a commuter car. My ideal situation would be my CR, the CTR, TLX that I'm daily driving now will go to the wife as her Accord is getting up there in mileage, and hopefully I can buy back my 08 Civic Si that I sold to my sister in law for my commuter. A lot of things to consider but I've dreamed of owning a Type-R anything for a long time.

RedCelica 04-26-2016 04:04 AM

And the award for world's ugliest car goes to.....

WolfpackS2k 04-26-2016 08:28 AM

Is this just a general discussion, or has some official stuff been released for this car?

Saki GT 04-26-2016 10:05 AM

For $30k, if I want a sporty car, I think I'd be looking at a Genesis, if not just getting a Mustang. I see little appeal in a high-powered front driver.

Janus00 04-26-2016 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 23948866)
Is this just a general discussion, or has some official stuff been released for this car?

Not much has been released other than they're estimating that it will have the 2.0L turbo, and be based on the Civic Hatch platform that was just released.

Other than that just a general discussion. I don't consider the Type R to be a "sporty" car, as much as it is a track oriented street car. I would consider the Civic Si to be a sporty car.

Memo6453 04-26-2016 10:11 AM

It really is ugly as Fuh... for the $30-$40k range id look else where... just my $0.02

Janus00 04-26-2016 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Saki GT (Post 23949001)
For $30k, if I want a sporty car, I think I'd be looking at a Genesis, if not just getting a Mustang. I see little appeal in a high-powered front driver.

That's just it. There are a lot of other more attractive options for 30k, why would I want a glorified Civic? From watching videos on the old Type R machines, they seem to be nothing short of amazing in terms of handling ability, and that's where they shine. A prospective shopper may be attracted to more HP, but handling is subjective. Honda seems to continue to outdo themselves with each Type R generation however.

They have been quoted as saying that it will be the fasted production FF car around Nurburgring, and that makes me curious. They want to out do all previous TypeR versions including the NSX. Honda for me has been very good at creating an exciting and enjoyable driving experience, I've owned a honda fit, 8th gen Si, and an s2000 and enjoyed all of them thoroughly. I would be willing to at least give it a test drive.

TommyDeVito 04-26-2016 11:15 AM

FWD high performers had their time. I'm just no longer interested in them whatsoever. If Honda made one that was SH-AWD and designed to compete with the STi, Golf R, and RS, I'd be extremely interested. Honda needs to start thinking outside of the box and doing things differently instead of regurgitating the past. Times have changed. N/A V6, turbo V6, something other than inline 4 bangers that are FWD.

Iilac 04-26-2016 12:14 PM

I would be really scared to daily a Type R with the theft appeal that it has.