Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

New Mazda 3 AWD Available

Old 11-30-2018, 12:59 PM

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by coop3422
This is where I'm at. It's great they've finally added AWD, and it looks good. But I'm out until they bring back the MS3.
There's no independent wheel torque split.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:22 AM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

Well, notwithstanding all the shade, I just bought a 2019 Mazda 3 Sedan AWD with auto transmission and 2.5 naturally aspirated motor. It meets my needs for a commuter car in northern New England. Plenty of power and torque for my purposes in a daily driver. I'm getting about 32 mpg. So far so good. We'll see how the AWD performs next winter.

What I like? Interior is attractive and comfortable and functional. Tech screen is not a touch screen and is set in a good spot on the dash for visibility etc. Tech system is pretty intuitive. Apple play is great. Quiet interior. Decent handling. Decent power. AWD. Tried and true motor - naturally aspirated. Good auto transmission which is what I want in this car.

What I don't like? Exterior styling is ok - not great - better that some others imho, Tough getting used to all this safety tech cra*. Electric emergency brake.

Comment re rear suspension - I know what you all are saying and at first I felt the same way. But, I have come to the point after driving this a few thousand miles that I honestly think this more rudimentary suspension in the back is a plus in a daily commuter car. Fewer problems, less expense. Performs well in my opinion. No need for the multilink. Keep it simple. I want the multilink in a performance car, yes. But, for this car I am not looking for a performance car. Reliability and economy are more important to me in this kind of car. Also, I'm no race car driver, but this car has pretty darn good performance in my opinion just as it is.

Last edited by rpg51; 05-19-2019 at 09:28 AM.
The following users liked this post:
WolfpackS2k (05-23-2019)
Old 05-19-2019, 10:12 AM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

My wife is waiting to replace her current 3 (her second) with the new one but I have her waiting until fall to see if the SkyactiveX will be out by then.

Mazda 3's are great little cars. She has loved both of hers, put 100,000 k on each one and never had a single issue.

Enjoy yours, from what I read the AWD is a really awesome system.
Old 05-19-2019, 04:46 PM

I thought about waiting for that SkyactiveX motor. Decided against it. I'd consider it after it has been out on the market a few years.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:27 AM

Received 266 Likes on 166 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by rpg51
Well, notwithstanding all the shade, I just bought a 2019 Mazda 3 Sedan AWD with auto transmission and 2.5 naturally aspirated motor. It meets my needs for a commuter car in northern New England. Plenty of power and torque for my purposes in a daily driver. I'm getting about 32 mpg. So far so good. We'll see how the AWD performs next winter.

What I like? Interior is attractive and comfortable and functional. Tech screen is not a touch screen and is set in a good spot on the dash for visibility etc. Tech system is pretty intuitive. Apple play is great. Quiet interior. Decent handling. Decent power. AWD. Tried and true motor - naturally aspirated. Good auto transmission which is what I want in this car.

What I don't like? Exterior styling is ok - not great - better that some others imho, Tough getting used to all this safety tech cra*. Electric emergency brake.

Comment re rear suspension - I know what you all are saying and at first I felt the same way. But, I have come to the point after driving this a few thousand miles that I honestly think this more rudimentary suspension in the back is a plus in a daily commuter car. Fewer problems, less expense. Performs well in my opinion. No need for the multilink. Keep it simple. I want the multilink in a performance car, yes. But, for this car I am not looking for a performance car. Reliability and economy are more important to me in this kind of car. Also, I'm no race car driver, but this car has pretty darn good performance in my opinion just as it is.
Congratulations on the purchase! I'm actually a bit surprised at your opinion of the exterior, especially considering you bought one. I feel like the new 3 is the best looking car in it's class by a mile. Not even on same plain of existence with others.
Old 06-01-2019, 08:16 AM

So I got all set up to do the first oil change today on this new 3. My normal practice is to put the car up on four jack stands and give my self room to work safely under the car. I generally raise the front central jack point, get two stands set on the sides in the front, then raise the rear using the rear central jack point, and place stands on the sides in rear. Turns out, according to Mazda dealer, there are no central jack points on the 2019 3. Also, according to the dealer, there is no safe way to lift the car to place jack stands at all. Dealer tells me the car has to go on a lift for an oil change. Seriously?
Old 06-01-2019, 09:23 AM

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

I dont use central jack points to change my own oil at home. I drive up on some small race ramps, block the rear tires, e-brake on, jack one side up place a jack stand next to the jack on the frame and there is already enough room to scooch under the car , could jack up the other side after if you need more room too. If your floor isnt level then maybe doing it this way would be a bigger risk.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:13 AM

Received 266 Likes on 166 Posts

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...3-turbo-price/

I feel like Mazda is being a little overaggresive with their pricing here. $32k for the turbo hatchback? Almost $40k fully loaded? LOL, just no.
The following users liked this post:
s.hasan546 (08-06-2020)
Old 08-07-2020, 06:40 AM

Received 196 Likes on 136 Posts

Well, people buy $37k civics, so...
Old 08-07-2020, 12:15 PM

Received 380 Likes on 283 Posts

No manual, crap rear suspension. Bleh. Should have made a WRX/STi competitor.

Quick Reply: New Mazda 3 AWD Available