S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Car and Bike Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/)
-   -   Nice read about the Honda Ridgeline (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/nice-read-about-honda-ridgeline-1181294/)

ishtori5 01-25-2018 07:39 AM

Nice read about the Honda Ridgeline

https://jalopnik.com/the-story-behin...lly-1821813634
Just came a cross this article and found both the article and the Wikipedia page referenced in the article very cool.

The Ridgeline Wiki page really put the page for S2000 to shame. :p There is certainly not lack of information available on S2KI but it is surprising no one has transferred all the information to Wikipedia...yet. :D
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_S2000

FearlessFife 01-26-2018 05:53 AM

Thanks for sharing. Likely a Ridgeline is coming to my garage within two years, all about reading up on it prior to committing fully to buying one.

TommyDeVito 01-26-2018 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by FearlessFife (Post 24411908)
Thanks for sharing. Likely a Ridgeline is coming to my garage within two years, all about reading up on it prior to committing fully to buying one.

Such a great AWD system on the new one. Similar to the RS. Motor is great, stomp on it, and it goes. Came very close to buying one last year and wish I could have bought both. So underrated. Best handling (pavement) truck on the market by far.

FearlessFife 01-26-2018 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito (Post 24411956)
Such a great AWD system on the new one. Similar to the RS. Motor is great, stomp on it, and it goes. Came very close to buying one last year and wish I could have bought both. So underrated. Best handling (pavement) truck on the market by far.

Thank you sir, good information like this makes it easier to decide on it.:thumbup:

ishtori5 01-26-2018 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by FearlessFife (Post 24411908)

No problem. I always liked the Ridgeline too.It is cool to know that there are also group of people that are passionate about it like the S2000 community.

If coal rolling is your thing, buy a full size body on frame truck. If you are actually sensible you buy a mid-duty truck (Chevy Colorado as an example) or a Honda Ridgeline. Very few people actually need the capability of a full size bed of frame truck.

TommyDeVito 01-26-2018 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by FearlessFife (Post 24412063)
Thank you sir, good information like this makes it easier to decide on it.:thumbup:

Pop by your Honda dealer and go drive one this weekend. I owned a first gen and drove this second gen many times, 2wd, and AWD versions. The RTL AWD is the sweet spot, about 34.5k + TTL. Has tri-zone climate control which is nice for rear passengers. Push it in some turns and you’ll feel the rear half shafts torque vectoring. The V6 in combination with the shift points on the automatic will make it feel quite quick. IIRC, it’s as fast to 60mph as my old RSX Type S. Honda nailed the shift points on this truck, it shifts when you want it to and if you lay into that pedal it’ll let the rpm’s go high. The GKN half shafts with that motor and transmission makes a nice combo. Only negatives are the narrow rear door openings and the trims (You’re forced to buy top of the line to get the sunroof). Most buyers keep it long term.

ksdaoski 01-26-2018 05:38 PM

Had a ridgey for 9 year's
was a great truck
Just got bored driving it

FearlessFife 01-26-2018 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito (Post 24412237)

Pop by your Honda dealer and go drive one this weekend. I owned a first gen and drove this second gen many times, 2wd, and AWD versions. The RTL AWD is the sweet spot, about 34.5k + TTL. Has tri-zone climate control which is nice for rear passengers. Push it in some turns and you’ll feel the rear half shafts torque vectoring. The V6 in combination with the shift points on the automatic will make it feel quite quick. IIRC, it’s as fast to 60mph as my old RSX Type S. Honda nailed the shift points on this truck, it shifts when you want it to and if you lay into that pedal it’ll let the rpm’s go high. The GKN half shafts with that motor and transmission makes a nice combo. Only negatives are the narrow rear door openings and the trims (You’re forced to buy top of the line to get the sunroof). Most buyers keep it long term.

This is also good to hear, because giving up a fun manual transmission within a light and nimble car and replacing it with a small truck has me quite apprehensive. Sounds like it will be fun, just not as fun.

woodburn 01-28-2018 06:17 PM

Honda truck? No thanks, if you want a good small truck get an f150.

ksdaoski 01-29-2018 02:36 AM

F150 is not small.
They are literally like 7' wide.