Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Nice read about the Honda Ridgeline

Old 01-29-2018, 04:58 AM

Received 79 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by ksdaoski
F150 is not small.
They are literally like 7' wide.
Calling them good is quite a stretch too. I know a local private mechanic that is fixing these loads with their "eco V6s" one after another. Most are just past warranty and have, I believe, failing head gaskets that require a cab off fix that costs $3500.00 at his shop. Same job at the dealer is like 7 grand. Oh well, at least you can start them with your smart phone,
Old 01-29-2018, 05:42 AM

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Best part about this vehicle is how many 30 bombs it can store in the in-bed cooler.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The King
Calling them good is quite a stretch too. I know a local private mechanic that is fixing these loads with their "eco V6s" one after another. Most are just past warranty and have, I believe, failing head gaskets that require a cab off fix that costs $3500.00 at his shop. Same job at the dealer is like 7 grand. Oh well, at least you can start them with your smart phone,
The f150 is the best selling automobile is the USA. More f150s are sold then Toyota camery or Honda Accord. There will be issues with that many trucks selling each month. If your going to buy a truck buy a truck. The ridge line is a pilot with the back cut off.
The following users liked this post:
TrumpetTitan (02-22-2018)
Old 01-30-2018, 09:23 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by woodburn

The f150 is the best selling automobile is the USA. More f150s are sold then Toyota camery or Honda Accord. There will be issues with that many trucks selling each month. If your going to buy a truck buy a truck. The ridge line is a pilot with the back cut off.
I think you are missing the point. What makes the Ridgeline not a truck? It has a bed and it can tow stuff. Is that not a truck?

No one is saying the F150 or any other body on frame trucks are not good but not everybody need to tow 10,000 lb frequently and maybe prefer something with better handling, get more than 15 mpg, and can fit in normal suburban parking spaces. It is nice that Honda is providing another option for people who may not want a full sized pick up truck.
The following 3 users liked this post by ishtori5:
FearlessFife (01-30-2018), HawkeyeGeoff (01-30-2018), TrumpetTitan (02-22-2018)
Old 01-31-2018, 02:19 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

When I was looking for a midsize PU, it was between the Colorado/Canyon and Ridgeline. Ended up with a 2018 Colorado. For me the reliability and durability of the Chevy tips the scale (had an S10 and Silverado that ran forever until I sold them). The lower OTD price of the Chevy sealed the deal. The last gen Ridgeline piqued my interest when it came out, but I didn't like the sloping slab looks. The new one, if the price was comparable to the Colorado would've have made it lots tougher for me to decide.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:38 AM

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

Did someone just say the ridge line was good in the corners? Sporty?

the new version looks super goofy.

ram 1500 or f150 if you want a truck. If you want a lifted El Camino buy the Honda.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:37 AM

Received 379 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by rob-2
Did someone just say the ridge line was good in the corners? Sporty?

Yep it has a torque vectoring AWD system. The rear half shafts are made by GKN (who make the Twinster in the Land Rover Evoque, and the Ford Focus RS). It handles incredibly well for a truck, or Pilot with a bed, or whatever derogatory label you want to put on it. I've driven many trucks in the last few years and imo, handles pavement better than any truck on the market. Few are rock climbing, or jumping their trucks in the sand.
The drivetrain is excellent, as is the engine. I like the looks for a compact truck and think it is Honda's best FMC in years. I was pleasantly surprised with the driving dynamics as I drove it extensively last year, many drives. It's a thinking man's truck as many just don't need to tow 10k pounds. They want a solid vehicle with a bed, that can pull their boat, trailer, etc, want decent MPG, good handling, some power, and have the functionality to load stuff in the bed. It's a sensible choice or realistic one that will actually fit in a garage and is easy to park. To me it's a good choice for people who are content with the size of their junk.
The following users liked this post:
FearlessFife (02-05-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 06:15 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

LOVE my gen 2 Ridgeline. Only complaints are I wish the bed was a little bit deeper and the back doors swung open a bit more. Both are very minor issues that (for me) 99% of the time don't affect anything.

I don't understand why anyone feels the need to compare the RL (a mid size truck) to the F-150 (full size). A comparison with the Chevy Colorado makes more sense.
Old 02-08-2018, 09:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jumpman2k
LOVE my gen 2 Ridgeline. Only complaints are I wish the bed was a little bit deeper and the back doors swung open a bit more. Both are very minor issues that (for me) 99% of the time don't affect anything.

I don't understand why anyone feels the need to compare the RL (a mid size truck) to the F-150 (full size). A comparison with the Chevy Colorado makes more sense.
There both half tons.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:48 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

A term that doesn't really have meaning anymore. The f150 by the numbers is actually a one ton.

Quick Reply: Nice read about the Honda Ridgeline