Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

NSX concept II

Old 01-19-2013, 01:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it really depends on how good the battery regen is. The instant power of electric motors can be a huge plus, but if the electric boost can only last one lap around a track its pretty pointless. The Tesla Model S puts up impressive numbers running in the 12's for the 1/4 mile, but the NSX won't have anywhere near the battery capacity as its just a hybrid.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know the personnel behind this vehicle? I only know that the HSV is the vehicle with Honda F1/NSX/S2000 team carryovers via Keinosuke Taki. This NSX Concept on the other hand, I know nothing of who is involved, other than that clown who has been styling Acura.
Old 01-26-2013, 02:57 PM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

More engine info for the new NSX from the insider at TOV (based on current testing platforms/developments, not necessarily final production decision):

DOHC 3.0L 90-degree V6 with turbo(s)
17psi boost
8000 rpm
10.2:1 compression ratio
Direct injection
VVT on both intake and exhaust
Roughly 500 hp in current form

They are considering boring and stroking it to 3.5L to make roughly 580 hp.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Driven
found some more renderings of the NSX:

even found one of what it'll look like as a spyder:
What are these? 1990 NSX renderings?
Old 01-27-2013, 06:07 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I'll take one in Championship white with that red interior please

Old 01-27-2013, 12:24 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Rant: it's actually pretty sad. How long have we been hearing about this supercar? I've lost faith in honda (as a company that puts forth innovative performance products aimed at the younger demographic). The NSX, CRX, civic si, the integra r/gsr, s2000, and even the 1st gen RDX, were all products that that were cutting edge performance bang for the buck. What the hell happened? This supposed Halo car (newest NSX) was supposed to come out years ago (al la HSC in 2003!). The only way Honda would be able to win any respect (in my eyes), would be to make sure that the NSX out performs the corvette c7 and is comparably priced. I have a gut feeling that it will probably be an 85k+ car, produced in low numbers, and won't beat out the corvette in any performance category significantly. if that were the case, Chevy would earn my money. End Rant.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:55 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FurY
Don't feel like typing everything out I have to say about the car so I'll keep it to a short list (Edit - looks like I got a little long winded anyway lol):

1. Has there been talk about a manual transmission? All I've seen is an auto/paddle shift which is an instant turn off. I don't care if it can shift faster than me, I love rowing through the gears.

2. Hybrid? Come on... I'm a ways away from purchasing a nice semi-exotic car but as it stands the C7 and SRT Viper are most likely going to get my money. Yes I know you have instant torque with electric, yes I realize you get better MPGs, etc. But to me, the tech still isn't quite there yet... perfect it with your mainstream cars that don't require as much power/performance and as the technology evolves and improves, then put it into your performance cars. The only hybrid I've seen yet that truly impresses me that I would want is the Porsche 918.

3. I'm not sold on it being AWD either... what is so wrong with a mid engine, RWD vehicle? That would also harken back to the original NSX as far as design goes. AWD is fun too, but a mid engine RWD platform would be more fun to me. One bonus though with the AWD would be getting the power to the ground, however.

4. It looks like an Audi R8... one great thing about the first NSX was it's design. Absolutely classic and timeless, even today nothing else looks like it and they still look gorgeous after over 20 years.

5. I have a real problem with this car being called the NSX. If it had a different name I think I'd be more impressed with it, but you can't use the same name for an INCREDIBLE machine like this:

with a car that looks like this:

As someone said before... the HSV should have been the new NSX:

Can we please bring back Shigeru Uehara to save Honda?! Not just for the NSX but also Honda's lineup in general
1) definitely agree on this, but in order for car manufacturers to boast about their MPGs, auto is definitely going to have to go in.

2) it's quite opposite really, technologies get developed on Halo products and then parts of it get leaked onto mainstream things. IE: look at the F20C and then look at K Series engines, there are A LOT of similarities. The porsche 918 impressed me as well: you can option a porsche 911 Turbo as a car to drive while you wait for them to make your 918.

3) The real reason why car makers are all going to AWD is because it's superior in putting down gobs of power and the ability to vector out torque to each individual wheel for superior driving dynamics.

4) the reason why the original NSX looked so good was because it was developed by pininfarina and not a bunch of geeks sitting in a office.

5)i too have a real problem with this car being called the NSX. The original NSX was called that because it was New, Sporty and eXperimental. So it's still partly true. But its not sporty

Finally...making the HSV the new NSX would be even worse! The HSV is a front engined car.

The ideal new NSX would be developed by Pininfarina, Have a naturally aspirated small v8 making 500+ or a 3.5, 3.7 v6 with two snails on it.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:23 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

The Pininfarina HPX is an '80s abomination that looks nothing like the NSX that was produced.

Don't discount the NSX II as not sporty until you've actually driven one. Could be the greatest thing since the S2000 but we won't know for a while.

You're thinking of the ASCC, not the HSV. The HSV was mid-engined. The ASCC actually made it to mule stage and lapped the 'Ring. I don't think the HSV ever drove anywhere.