Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Pagani 760RS

Old 04-28-2012, 11:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I might be the only person who dislikes the look of Zondas. The performance is ridiculous and the soundtrack is eargasmic as usual.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect
The sound, that horrible wretched evil sound, nothing good can come from it. I really dug the cf weave and how it all matches up, i love that sort of attention to detail.
Anyone who's worked with CF can tell you how crazy that is to do that for every piece on the car. It's not just lined up in the same general direction, it's spot on. Really beautiful.

@Fishfryer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz4KB...eature=g-all-u
Old 04-28-2012, 03:19 PM

Received 483 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by tarheel91
Originally Posted by TheDonEffect' timestamp='1335634757' post='21651375
The sound, that horrible wretched evil sound, nothing good can come from it. I really dug the cf weave and how it all matches up, i love that sort of attention to detail.
Anyone who's worked with CF can tell you how crazy that is to do that for every piece on the car. It's not just lined up in the same general direction, it's spot on. Really beautiful.

@Fishfryer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz4KB...eature=g-all-u
Oh totally, i saw how cf is made, and how a quality pattern is made, so to synchronize it throughout panels took alot ofplanning and skill with almost no room for error using very expensive material.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect
Oh totally, i saw how cf is made, and how a quality pattern is made, so to synchronize it throughout panels took alot ofplanning and skill with almost no room for error using very expensive material.
With all due respect, there is a lot of room for error for the price they are getting for the car I'm just saying they can afford to discard panels for failure to line up, but I have a feeling the lay-up process is tightly controlled to the point where they are almost guaranteed to line up if procedures are followed properly. The last thing you want to do is send a car out the door with haphazard structural fabrication.

But I agree that detail really demonstrates why people are willing to pay as much for the cars as they do.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The best road version of the best road car available today...amazing.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by NuncoStr8
Originally Posted by TheDonEffect' timestamp='1335655153' post='21651927
With all due respect, there is a lot of room for error for the price they are getting for the car I'm just saying they can afford to discard panels for failure to line up, but I have a feeling the lay-up process is tightly controlled to the point where they are almost guaranteed to line up if procedures are followed properly. The last thing you want to do is send a car out the door with haphazard structural fabrication.

But I agree that detail really demonstrates why people are willing to pay as much for the cars as they do.
They make a dozen cars a year and they have to pay 20+ people for high skill jobs. They make all parts internally and use expensive processes that are time and labor intensive on materials that are also ridiculously expensive. Then they've also got to eat costs like cars for crash testing, marketing, etc. I don't think their profit margin is as wide as you believe it to be.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by tarheel91
Originally Posted by NuncoStr8' timestamp='1335657543' post='21651985
[quote name='TheDonEffect' timestamp='1335655153' post='21651927']

They make a dozen cars a year and they have to pay 20+ people for high skill jobs. They make all parts internally and use expensive processes that are time and labor intensive on materials that are also ridiculously expensive. Then they've also got to eat costs like cars for crash testing, marketing, etc. I don't think their profit margin is as wide as you believe it to be.
[/quote]

I think my comment was misinterpreted. My point was I would fully expect the occasional discard for the quality of work they are promising. The care it requires to make the panels line up is minimal on top of the investment of time and money just to make the panels in the first place. The way the weave is oriented in each layer is critical for the strength of the panel. You don't line it up just for aesthetic reasons. It's not a veneer.

Waste isn't profit margin. And really, what do you think their profit margin is? $10 a car?
Old 04-29-2012, 04:54 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

That is how the 2015? NSX should sound !!!!!
Old 04-29-2012, 05:36 AM

amazing vehicle ... thnx for posting
Old 04-29-2012, 08:45 AM

How do you guys feel about lewis hamilton ordering a manual? Ive always said I would want a manual if I had a car like this but I wonder if cars this extreme really should have them. I'd still get a stick but just wondering

Quick Reply: Pagani 760RS