Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Picked up a E46 M3.

Old 05-25-2017, 04:08 PM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by JamesD89
Congrats! I was tempted to pick one of these up to replace my E36 by the potential repair costs scared me away. Looks like you went in head first
With the sale of the S2000 i had some play money.

M3 was inexpensive... the repairs/upgrades will be more than the car itself lol.
Old 05-26-2017, 04:35 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by blueprint
With the sale of the S2000 i had some play money.

M3 was inexpensive... the repairs/upgrades will be more than the car itself lol.
can you define inexpensive
Old 05-26-2017, 04:44 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by EastS2k
can you define inexpensive
Yeah right...I just don't have 15k laying around like some folks
Old 05-26-2017, 06:54 AM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Congratulations on the purchase - you have transformed it already .

As you have an S2000, you should be familiar with the Spoon rigid collars for the chassis on these cars? Well Spoon also do the same for the E46 M3, which stops the bolts from yawing in the holes (which are WAY too big). It is the yawing action that causes the subframe to crack, so I would highly recommend you fitting these once you have done the bracing. You MUST also ensure that the space between the two layers of the subframe is resin filled (which effectively seals the two pieces together to make a stronger panel). If you do not do this and just weld in the reinforcement plates on the bottom layer, the subsequent cracking will be far more severe and it will crack around the reinforcement plates (there are pics floating around of the entire floor being ripped out ).

For anyone thinking of a convertible one - I would recommend you drive one first, as they are HORRIBLE. Removing the roof on the E46 chassis is not kind to the car in any way shape or form and completely destroys the handling that the M3 is renowned for. It turns an absolutely amazing car into a wobbly jelly that is fit for nothing more than boulevard cruising . Considering the E46 M3 has one of the best chassis around, I personally think you would have to be a mug to choose the convertible over the coupe.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:33 AM

Honestly... im not sure how the shop will fix it but they do have extensive knowledge with this... i'll ask further what the repair entails.

So far i've been quite impressed with the car.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by blueprint
What's that stuff? Been looking for something like that. I'm guessing it is what made the super soapy spray?
Old 05-26-2017, 07:54 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by d1rtyc4r
What's that stuff? Been looking for something like that. I'm guessing it is what made the super soapy spray?
That stuff is called EXPENSIVE, but it de-ionizes the water to remove minerals and impurities from the water so you dont get deposits in the clear coat. They advertise you don't even have to dry the car. Thats also a $1200 pressure washer he's using too.

Spotless Water Systems Water De-ionization System, Model# DIC-20 | Water Purification Units| Northern Tool + Equipment

More affordable variant: https://www.uswatersystems.com/us-water-patriot-dual-2-5-x-20-di-system.html?fee=31&fep=2835&utm_source=GoogleShopp ing&utm_medium=ProductFeed&utm_campaign=GoogleShop ping&gclid=CjwKEAjwpJ_JBRC3tYai4Ky09zQSJAC5r7ru94_ IIoo0_CcuVy5WiRw1NWluw8lVwAeNosNdv9CMjRoCSrfw_wcB
Old 05-26-2017, 09:56 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RedCelica
That stuff is called EXPENSIVE, but it de-ionizes the water to remove minerals and impurities from the water so you dont get deposits in the clear coat. They advertise you don't even have to dry the car. Thats also a $1200 pressure washer he's using too.

Spotless Water Systems Water De-ionization System, Model# DIC-20 Water Purification Units Northern Tool + Equipment

More affordable variant: https://www.uswatersystems.com/us-water-patriot-dual-2-5-x-20-di-system.html?fee=31&fep=2835&utm_source=GoogleShopp ing&utm_medium=ProductFeed&utm_campaign=GoogleShop ping&gclid=CjwKEAjwpJ_JBRC3tYai4Ky09zQSJAC5r7ru94_ IIoo0_CcuVy5WiRw1NWluw8lVwAeNosNdv9CMjRoCSrfw_wcB
jesus...

Thanks for the links though
Old 05-26-2017, 10:23 AM

The Kranzle 1122tst with the Mosmatic swivel gun and Mosmatic wand are the perfect combination. I've owned many pressure washers in my time and this one is the best... it's not even close. The complete system has been worth every cent. I got the entire package from a fellow S2000 owner. Check him out on youtube. "Obsessed Garage"

https://obsessed-garage.myshopify.co...washer-package
Old 05-26-2017, 04:32 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

+2 on Matt's Kranzle package. It broke my wallet, but it changed the whole experience for me. That gun/wand/foam cannon combo is hard to beat. I also love the microfiber towels I got from him.

Quick Reply: Picked up a E46 M3.