Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

RB26 swap? NAH!

Old 01-17-2013, 09:30 PM

Received 483 Likes on 367 Posts

Didn't know making a purpose focused car look good made it more purposeful.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice build...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-18-2013, 02:03 AM

lol at the retard spec comments in this thread.

Yep, piece of crap LOL. This thing is all kinds of awesome
Old 01-18-2013, 06:23 AM

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

Yeah, no point in throwing money are body panels they definitely going to get replaced.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:15 AM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mezza
lol at the retard spec comments in this thread.

Yep, piece of crap LOL. This thing is all kinds of awesome

I agree with you, to an extent; this car is all kinds of awesome. I think we can all agree that this car will go like a bat outta hell going around Nardo. With those 2 25G snails attached to that capable motor, 1100whp is no laughing matter. It's definitely a case of form following function.

But ugly is still ugly. Case in point: the bugatti veyron. Just because it's the fastest production car in the world, doesn't necessarily make it the prettiest. But again, the engineers spent a lot of R&D to make sure that the veyron's body is as slippery as possible to achieve 250+mph, and I'm pretty sure that the tuners for this car did the same. Again, form following function. Now I know its not fair to compare the veyron to the 380sx, but I hope you get where I'm going here.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:22 AM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

I'm sorry but how many "race cars" do you see with poorly lined up panels? Nascar? Nope. Touring car? Nope. F1? Nope. Rally? Nope should I go on? You could say that any race car could be in a wreck but they still fix the panels and attempt to line them up somewhat correctly. I mean the hood on this thing looks like the literally dropped it on the car and said "yeah that's good" and bolted it on. The inside and the engine are amazing I just think if your going to put all that effort into it it shouldn't look like their body guy was blind. I am not saying it needs a $20k paint job or anything I am just saying the body panels shouldn't be an afterthought with all that money invested.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:25 AM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect
Didn't know making a purpose focused car look good made it more purposeful.
Clearly you have a thing or two to learn. Making a car look better knocks seconds off the time..

Haven't you seen the world's strongest woman competition? The uglier she is the more she can lift (kind of an inverse relationship but still the same concept)..
Old 01-18-2013, 11:30 AM
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

All these posts, "Yeah, it's ugly...but the motor!!!" is like saying, "My new girlfriend has a terrible personality, her friends and family drive me crazy, but you should see her boobs! They are epic!"

It's fine if you want to dump a bunch of money into the powertrain, but at least make the exterior look like you tried...that is just an awful car from the exterior.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:31 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Clearly, everyone complaining about the exterior has not read the entire article...

Miura-san has also driven all the way up from Kyoto, skipping a night of sleep in the process. Riding 6 hours in his very firm FR-S had given him serious back pain, but there was no time for rest, the one off BenSopra aero he had created still needed some work. The front bumper needed to be bolted to the splitter and the carbon fiber rear diffuser assembled and fitted to the car.
The next days will be crucial for Ueta and his mechanic, they need to finalize the set up and engine mapping before the car is loaded onto the container and shipped off to Italy.If for some reason they won’t make he will have to wait for the next Option event that will be held there.Knowing Ueta, if the car won’t make it to Nardó I’m sure he will hit a few tracks here in Japan and drift the hell out of it! After what he has told me time and time again, the cars he has so far built have been done for pure fun, so why not enjoy them!
they clearly were on a time crunch so it's not surprising that the exterior doesn't have a fancy paint job or the 'best' fitting panels. They body work is obviously a one-off at this point. They aren't even sure if the car will make it to Nardo. what is more important, making sure the engine doesn't blow up or a fancy paint job? As long as the body panels stay on, then it's good enough for the job (on a time crunch).

I'm sure we will see this thing polished up in the near future. I love it. I love how it looks too. Bensopra/Rocket Bunny/Greddy are sure doing big things recently with their collaborations.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:47 AM

I like the ugly, I like the motor. It reminds me of an MMA's fighters ears, deformed, but underneath it is a beast.

Quick Reply: RB26 swap? NAH!