Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Sell your SUV/Truck

Old 04-26-2006, 06:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by QUIKAG,Apr 26 2006, 05:55 AM
I agree with Stack. Last time I checked this was a free country and there are certain inalienable rights we have. One of those is to choose what we drive however ridiculous someone may consider it.
Actually, driving is not a right; it's a privilege. I've alway's told people that SUVs and trucks are totally irresponsible vehicles. They do nothing but waste gas. If you need to haul your kids around get a station wagon. Someone on here just got their wife a BMW 5 wagon for just that. That's a person i can appreciate.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:24 AM

Well first of all...There is no reason why we are being charged what we are for gas. Gas companies are making more profit than they ever have. Rather or not we are running out is not the point. If we are running out then the gas companies will be out of business regardless if and when we do run out. Why rape the general public for rediculous prices so they can make huge profits. Then justify it by says, oh we are running out of gas. Owners of the major companies are just greedy money hungry people who want to be just a little bit richer. Aparently our government doesn't doesn't care.

Second of all...Anyone wanna buy a Grand Cherokee...haha... I do agree with you. They are pretty useless. Only reason I bought mine last year was because I got it for well UNDER blue book value. I'm trying to sell it now and will probably still make a profit on the deal. Even after 6 months and adding 10k miles to the clock.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'll have my boss' 05 Chevy Taho for the month of May
Old 04-26-2006, 06:29 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanvnw,Apr 26 2006, 10:24 AM
Well first of all...There is no reason why we are being charged what we are for gas. Gas companies are making more profit than they ever have. Rather or not we are running out is not the point. If we are running out then the gas companies will be out of business regardless if and when we do run out. Why rape the general public for rediculous prices so they can make huge profits. Then justify it by says, oh we are running out of gas. Owners of the major companies are just greedy money hungry people who want to be just a little bit richer. Aparently our government doesn't doesn't care.

Second of all...Anyone wanna buy a Grand Cherokee...haha... I do agree with you. They are pretty useless. Only reason I bought mine last year was because I got it for well UNDER blue book value. I'm trying to sell it now and will probably still make a profit on the deal. Even after 6 months and adding 10k miles to the clock.
Good work! Now we are making progress.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:29 AM

Amen Bill, keep preaching!
Old 04-26-2006, 06:31 AM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

[QUOTE=Bass,Apr 26 2006, 10:25 AM] i'll have my boss' 05 Chevy Taho for the month of May
Old 04-26-2006, 06:41 AM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanvnw,Apr 26 2006, 06:24 AM
Gas companies are making more profit than they ever have...Why rape the general public for rediculous prices so they can make huge profits.
XOM made record profit in dollar amount only. That's because they sold more gas and at a higher price than ever before. Their profit margin has been consistantly +/- 10% all along, a lower percentage than many other industries. IOW, they sold more gas, or at a higher price (due to the increased price of crude, not their fault), while earning the same profit percentage.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sick and tired of seeing SUVs and Trucks on the road sucking up gas I could use to go for long drives in my S2000. Now gas is well over $3.00 a gallon again. Oil reserves cannot meet current demand. Choices have to be made and I think we all know where the line needs to be drawn.
Wait .. this coming from someone that drives a car that can seat only two people and still gets shittier fuel mileage than a V8 corvette?

If you want to be a hippie-nazi why not say we should all drive 5 person 4 door vehicles that get good gas mileage and we all must carpool too. There is no *need* for 2 seat medicore fuel mileage convertibles -- but you fail to acknowledge that point and instead point the little green hippy finger at others before evaluating yourself. I've lived in Boulder, I am accustomed to this holier than thou shit and it cracks me up.

But that should not stop us from trying to educate the silly foolish people who own SUVs and trucks does it?
Let me educate you now .. and with luck end this thread .. although I don't have much hope, like I said I've lived in Boulder.

Reality check, it only takes something like 2.7 people in my wifes SUV to equate to the same per person fuel consumption as me in my S2000. Guess what, we always have
at least 3 people in her SUV, 4 soon. That means that every mile I drive my SUV I am using less fuel per person than you in your S2000. You need to sell your S2000 you ****ing polluter!

People in glass houses should not toss stones....
Old 04-26-2006, 06:54 AM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

My brother in law needs his Silverado, he is a carpenter and has to haul basiacally a shop full of tools or he can't make a living. I got no problem with that.

I do find it stupid that my neighbor has a Ram quad cab 1500 for his 100 pound wife to commute in and he drives a Suburban. They have no kids, and nothing to tow. They can still buy what they want, I just think they are morons.

I have got to tow a boat and look at three options......

Outback Wagon 28 mpg
Rav V6 28 mpg
Dodge Sprinter Diesel 30 mpg

I was offered my fathers Grand Cherokee 2003? 4.7 V8, for free but turned it down.

I am not seriously thinking about the Sprinter, just throw it in there to point out guys like my brother in law have a choice they can make to haul a shop full of crap that gets twice what the MPG Silverado gets.

I still think this thread is a joke, Bill. You're pulling our leg. But the Car Talk thread has been boring for weeks now and needs a good argument. I saw a yellow H2 at the gas station the other day and the guy was shaking his head at the final price of his tank, he saw mer watching him and I did a loud exaggerated laugh just to be a dink.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:59 AM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by steve c,Apr 26 2006, 08:47 AM
Reality check, it only takes something like 2.7 people in my wifes SUV to equate to the same per person fuel consumption as me in my S2000. Guess what, we always have
at least 3 people in her SUV, 4 soon. That means that every mile I drive my SUV I am using less fuel per person than you in your S2000. You need to sell your S2000 you ****ing polluter!

People in glass houses should not toss stones....
So how does that compare to 3 people in a Corolla, or 2 in an Insight?

Quick Reply: Sell your SUV/Truck