Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Side comments on Hyundai and quality

Old 10-08-2009, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Side comments on Hyundai and quality

Originally Posted by enkrates2k,Oct 8 2009, 05:17 AM
It's a Hyundai. I will never ever buy one.
Have you read any of the posts made on this thread?

Than again you've purchased a 09 S2000. That explains everything.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:07 AM

[QUOTE=shyong,Oct 8 2009, 12:47 PM] Have you read any of the posts made on this thread?
Old 10-08-2009, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by PedalFaster,Oct 5 2009, 08:07 PM
Do you want to share that reason with us instead of just making vaguely racist allusions?
So hating on a brand is racist now? It's funny how people get all worked up because some people don't like Hyundai.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:35 AM

Received 105 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by enkrates2k,Oct 8 2009, 09:10 AM
So hating on a brand is racist now? It's funny how people get all worked up because some people don't like Hyundai.
Don't paint everyone with that brush. He was mistaken, in my opinion, with his charge of racism but he is also alone in that opinion.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:38 AM

The retards calling the people who wouldn't buy a hyundai retards sound more retarded than those stating they will never buy a hyundai. why? because their is no logic behind their comments. do you all work for hyundai? are you guys trying to convince us to buy from hyundai? some people just don't like them period, whether it's the quality, the looks, hell even the name. just let them be.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Freddy,Oct 8 2009, 09:38 AM
The retards calling the people who wouldn't buy a hyundai retards sound more retarded than those stating they will never buy a hyundai. why? because their is no logic behind their comments. do you all work for hyundai? are you guys trying to convince us to buy from hyundai? some people just don't like them period, whether it's the quality, the looks, hell even the name. just let them be.
lol well obviously you must be one of those "retards" to completely not understand the point we are trying to tell you guys.

No we do not work for Hyundai and atm no I will not pick a Hyundai over a Honda.

Our point to you guys is that it is stupid to assume that you hate a car FOREVER. You guys are saying that you will NEVER buy from Hyundai. Same thing people were saying about Honda 20 years ago. Don't you get this analogy? Jebus Christo. In other words let me simplify it for you...

20 years ago people were saying they will never buy a Honda because its a lame Honda (same thing as you're saying about Hyundai). ANYTIME the name "Honda" came up people quickly dismissed it (again like you are doing it to Hyundai). Fast forward to now and Honda has made a quality name for themselves and people ARE buying from Honda. Honda went from "shit brand" according to most people to a "quality brand."

The same thing is happening to Hyundai. They are getting better and although not there yet on the "quality recognition" of Honda, they might get there eventually. Would you still not buy a Hyundai if they really produced a superb quality performance vehicle? How are you saying you will N E V E R (as in eternity) buy from a Hyundai because SIMPLY it's a Hyundai? People were saying they will N E V E R buy a Honda and look at it now.

The other thing is that we would expect more from an owner of an s2000. In other words owners of the S would typically be a car enthusiasts since they opted for the S rather then say a Corolla. So being a car enthusiasts, you would think they would appreciate ALL cars that deserve respect whether it is German, American, or Japanese. Those who do not are either brand whores or not really car enthusiasts. These same non-car enthusiasts let their brand-hate blind them. These same people are the ones that are saying the Corvette still sucks because its a Corvette PERIOD. It's the same stupid people like the BMW M3 brand whores that say the S2000 sucks because it's simply a HONDA PERIOD. This is along the same lines as you guys saying Hyundai sucks period.

We are not trying to convince you to do anything, but rather just point out how absurd it is for someone (Honda S2000 lovers in fact - ironic) to close their appreciation for certain cars FOREVER just because it has a certain brand stuck to it. I don't care if you do not like Hyundai and do not favor it; but to say that on October 8, 2010 you will never ever ever ever ever ever buy a Hyundai (because it's SIMPLY A HYUNDAI) is just as absurd and ironic because Honda was in the same situation before and you're DRIVING A HONDA.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Freddy,Oct 8 2009, 09:38 AM
I can't really add anything more than al4t1bundy said as he was quite succinct, but you really don't understand logic, do you?

saying that you will always hate something for the simple fact that it once exhibited characteristics that you don't like, even if it was to adopt the characteristics that you would like it to have is the very essence of illogical thinking.

This really isn't goddamn rocket science man. No one is telling you to like Hyundai. No on thinks that you are stupid for having a different opinion. Our problem is with the logical pitfalls of absolutist statements.

do i need to draw you a diagram or something? Jesus man.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread is pointless. One group of people is trying to explain why logically you should never say never, but the people they're trying to explain this to have explicitly acknowledged that their opinions are not logically defensible.

You'll never agree on whether Hyundai is a brand worth considering until you agree on whether decisions should be based on facts and logic, and I don't see the latter happening.

And enkrates2k, maybe your hatred isn't grounded in racism, but in my opinion hating anything without a reason is stupid, whether it's hating a brand, a race, or anything else.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by PedalFaster,Oct 8 2009, 10:29 AM
This thread is pointless. One group of people is trying to explain why logically you should never say never, but the people they're trying to explain this to have explicitly acknowledged that their opinions are not logically defensible.

You'll never agree on whether Hyundai is a brand worth considering until you agree on whether decisions should be based on facts and logic, and I don't see the latter happening.

And enkrates2k, maybe your hatred isn't grounded in racism, but in my opinion hating anything without a reason is stupid, whether it's hating a brand, a race, or anything else.
soooooo you're saying you're on our side.

Seriously though, I disagree with one of your points. I don't think that the group I am arguing against have explicitly acknowledged that their opinions are not logically defensible. To clarify, their comments are most certainly not logically defensible, but they have not acknowledged that to be the case. In fact, just a few posts north of here one such mouth breather points out just how illogical our statements supposedly are.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:50 AM

Where did you guys learn to read? I never stated that i hate hyundai, once again you're putting words in my mouth. if anything, i agree that hyundai is going the right direction and i'm probably lying when i say that i'm happy for the customers for buying something affordable that they like. i simply stated that i admit hyundai is making better vehicles and cars that are suitable for some folks, just not for me and others. reason being is i simply wouldn't buy from hyundai period! so much for your "logic" imbeciles. as pedalfaster stated we'll never agree on what to buy or what not to buy, once again it's choice of preference. just like i have never bought Reebok shoes i'll never buy from hyundai. i'm sorry i don't speak stupid or else i would translate. what bothers me is you guys seem to worship this new emerged hyundai and calling me a honda fanboi when i'm not. as you can see in my sig I also own a Nissan frontier, i've owned a Jeep Wrangler, a Jetta and other vehicles. As you can see i'm pretty much open to other makes and i encourage competition. who ahead hyundai build a car or a truck that competes with the top makes out there, i'm sure you'll get customers but you wont get my money.

Quick Reply: Side comments on Hyundai and quality