Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

"Solstice Test Drive Results"

Old 07-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default "Solstice Test Drive Results"

Interesting read on the Solstice forum.
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthr...highlight=s2000
Go to page two, post number 16.

Damn! There is gonna be a whole new group of driver's on the road to have fun with!
Old 07-20-2005, 04:59 PM
rai

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by benny,Jul 20 2005, 04:52 PM
Interesting read on the Solstice forum.
Go to page two, post number 16.

Damn! There is gonna be a whole new group of driver's on the road to have fun with!
He said they should be shipped by the end of the month but who knows. On the road course they had 2 Solstices , an S2000, and a Miata. Dare I say the Sosltice blew them all away. The only car able to lay tire on the straight away was the Solstice and many of the dealers commented on how much room their was inside as compared to the S2000 and the Miata. Also many commented on the fact that the other cars were not worth the extra money as compared to the Solstice.

I did see all I needed to see however to justify purchasing one without a test drive or even seeing one in person. This car is simply breath taking. Unfortunately I was not allowed to take pictures since the cars were being driven with people in them and I had to stand away from the course, but the engines sound great and the shifting seemed very smooth.
breath taking

ROTFL
Old 07-20-2005, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the Solstice, it looks great. The Sky looks even better. But it weights more and is down 60hp. The idea lap any road course faster than an S2000 is pretty darn fatous.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:19 PM

Dare I say the Sosltice blew them all away. The only car able to lay tire on the straight away was the Solstice
Had they been testing the Redline/GT versions I might...might be able to buy that load of crap. As for the ridiculous "lay tire" comment, sounds more like the result of a model not equipped with the LSD than it being a result of the base model's stump pulling torque.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by ElTianti,Jul 20 2005, 05:15 PM
I like the Solstice, it looks great. The Sky looks even better. But it weights more and is down 60hp. The idea lap any road course faster than an S2000 is pretty darn fatous.
Would it matter that they use the whole power curve instead of just the part where we hit peak horsepower?
Old 07-20-2005, 07:08 PM

i still think the S is lightyears beyond the solstice in the looks department... plus solstice is a pontiac... come on, do you really ever want a pontiac?
Old 07-20-2005, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by SkipOnDownUnder,Jul 20 2005, 07:08 PM
i still think the S is lightyears beyond the solstice in the looks department... plus solstice is a pontiac... come on, do you really ever want a pontiac?
Original GTO or S600... hmmmm.
Yes, I would.
Really, if Kia made an interesting car I would take it too. I have no love for any particular brand. The worst treatment I've ever had from a dealer was from Toyota. When I looked at buying a Prelude a few years back I was also treated badly. I'm not going to be a brand snob and if Pontiac makes a car I want I buy it.
We are all car enthusiasts. If they make a good car why shouldn't we embrace it?
Old 07-20-2005, 08:00 PM

lol and judging by the responses that people posted to that comment, it is clear that te solstice crowd is certainly not about performance. look two posts down from #16, some guy asks about the coveted "THIRD CUP HOLDER"!!!
Old 07-20-2005, 08:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

5:1 that twerp didn't really drive one.

I also doubt that they would go head to head against the S in this preview. Nice car or not, the S will wipe the floor with the solstice.

one of those kids is also saying that the Solstice has more low-end torque. I'm not too sure about that. The S motor is a torque/liter leader and has a pretty flat curve along with way more aggressive gearing.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fact that ANYONE would buy a Sky or Solstice shocks me beyond words.

If you care about overall performance, the S2k is your obvious choice.

If you don't care about power, the Miata is an even more obvious choice.

If you don't care about build quality, history, styling, or performance... you buy one of the other two cars.

Quick Reply: "Solstice Test Drive Results"