Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Sorry..moved out of the s2000 into...

Old 10-16-2012, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you thank you! 03.5 Mystic Blau Metallic 80k miles.

I like how many of you have included the word "luck" in your comments LOL..trust me guys..its not what people have said it to be reliability wise..when one craps..OH BOY DOES IT CRAP..but to crap..it takes a lot or an unlucky malfunction..I would say it is just as likely to bust as an s2k.
I would have to say after owning an ap2 for 2 years( i am 6.2 200 lb just so we can say it may depend on size) ...the m3 is a better car to me. I used to own F body trans ams/camaros that weigh as much as the m3..and was expecting heavy steering and suspension and drive..but WOW german engineering at its finest..this thing drives like a dream! The steering is on point..not heavy at all..it has an EXTREME turning radius..the interior is VERY refined..no cheap plastics here..the power is a LOT more than the s2000 especially top end. I would say all around..the car can handle around a course better than an s2000...and is faster, as well as a LOT more comfortable with a LOT more amenities. Bluetooth..etc. After driving 30 min in the s2000 my back would hurt and my knees would kill me..the m3 has much more space..and the seat has memory adjustments/side bolster adjustment/lumbar adjusment/and 6 way motor. hids are also better looking and they auto adjust, the side view mirrors point downwards when reversing(neat), the cabin air is auto adjusted. The stereo system is phenomenal(not by m3 guys...they hate the stereo) but compared to the s2000 it is waay better. heated seats. The car is a beast..and has that german rasp to the exhaust when punching it. I would say the only thing the s2000 has in its favor is that it drives really light! turning was a Tad lighter, it was easier to gauge the drift angle..but once you get the hang of the m3(takes longer)..it is a better drifter/corner car..just takes longer. ALso the s2000 looked AMAZING with the top down...and had a waaay smoother transmission shift. the m3s transmission is decent but not as smooth(needs short shifter). I will miss the s2000, and will buy one for sure to go along with the m3 in the near future..but for now I am enjoying my dream car. It IS all I ever expected it to be...and it better have been..I flew out 1000 miles and drove it back 1000 miles it was GREAT!

As for the ol' saying "dont buy an m3 out of warranty"..it is a very "depending on the position" phrase. Of course don't risk a high mileage one without a service record or maint done properly, or a beat to crap one with tons of owners..but if you find the right one..even at 100k..they are bullet proof! Plenty of members over 100k with no problems on the m3forums. They have their quirks like any car as well as the s2k..but in the end..I find it well suited all around. And maint isnt as bad as I thought..the oil is 10-60 but castrol sells some..and you can get 6 quarts and the filter for 80 bucks and do it yourself(SO EASY)and only required every 15k miles(but most as myself do it at 7500). Other things..just need inspections visually to keep in shape..I dont understand why people are so scared..the only scary part would be electrical failures..these cars are wired more than a nasa space shuttle LOL

I too wanted an Alpine white model with red or cinnamon interior..but that is THEE hardest color/combo to find..and NOT cheap lol..im feeling my mystic blau..it has a purple metallic in it.

For those wondering if it IS a better car than the s2k..I encourage to find a good 6 speed model and do the test drive yourself

Thank you guys! I will post more pics as they come as well as any mods..oh oh mod bug!
Old 10-16-2012, 11:47 PM

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPjLfLz5NSo[/media]

this is how I want to learn to drift it
Old 10-17-2012, 12:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by S2k Ok
For those wondering if it IS a better car than the s2k..I encourage to find a good 6 speed model and do the test drive yourself

Um, i Love the E46M3 but they're two totally different animals.

for daily use, Sure, the M3 is the better car.

but which one will put the bigger smile on your face ?
Old 10-17-2012, 12:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

btw, always loved this color on the M3!
Old 10-17-2012, 12:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful color. Looks like it has the competition package as well judging by the wheels?

You're really making me want an E46 M3 now. Their prices have dropped a lot. Anything to look for when looking for one? Common issues, problems, recalls, things of that nature.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:52 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Beautiful car and big ups on the manual trans!
Old 10-17-2012, 02:59 AM

Nice car.. enjoy.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great car...not fair to compare it to the S as they really are in different classes, but congrats on your purchase. I definitely wouldn't mind having one myself.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:36 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Awesome, congrats man!
Old 10-17-2012, 06:43 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

You'll be back..

Quick Reply: Sorry..moved out of the s2000 into...