Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

STI is not greater than S2K

Old 07-27-2006, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STI is not greater than S2K

A while ago I posted a thread after I drove my best friend's STI concerning my thoughts on it versus the S. At that time I had owned my S2K for three years. I commented on how it was a great car but not on the S's precision level. Now after selling my S and owning an STI, I still feel the same. First let me clarify why I sold; wife and baby. The S just didn't have the back seat space if you know what I mean. Anyhow, after three months of really pushing the STI I still say the S is a better machine. The 500 lbs. difference is noticeable. The S was definitely more agile and responsive. I am not saying, though, that the STI handles poorly, just not as good. And the braking is not up to spec, especially the stock pads. On my first ballz deep drive (that's right, I said ballz deep), I had the brakes smoking and not by intention. That never ever happened with my S's stock pads in three years of hard usage. So, I will be replacing them soon. The stopping power of the STI is good, it's just the pad formulation that can't endure it for long. The car as a whole is very nice, though. It is very powerful and well built. Rides great and has plenty of space inside. So, what is the point of my thread??? The S is a truly great machine. So is the subaru, but it is a little more versatile and thus suffers a little due to those comprimises.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by oshp515,Jul 27 2006, 07:27 PM
A while ago I posted a thread after I drove my best friend's STI concerning my thoughts on it versus the S. At that time I had owned my S2K for three years. I commented on how it was a great car but not on the S's precision level. Now after selling my S and owning an STI, I still feel the same. First let me clarify why I sold; wife and baby. The S just didn't have the back seat space if you know what I mean. Anyhow, after three months of really pushing the STI I still say the S is a better machine. The 500 lbs. difference is noticeable. The S was definitely more agile and responsive. I am not saying, though, that the STI handles poorly, just not as good. And the braking is not up to spec, especially the stock pads. On my first ballz deep drive (that's right, I said ballz deep), I had the brakes smoking and not by intention. That never ever happened with my S's stock pads in three years of hard usage. So, I will be replacing them soon. The stopping power of the STI is good, it's just the pad formulation that can't endure it for long. The car as a whole is very nice, though. It is very powerful and well built. Rides great and has plenty of space inside. So, what is the point of my thread??? The S is a truly great machine. So is the subaru, but it is a little more versatile and thus suffers a little due to those comprimises.
Unless it was a realy sunny day, I dissagree. After 2 S2000's... I felt my Sti was better across the board except on a sunny day when I could take the top off. You need to break that Sti in.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:54 PM

Iv'e switched cars with a friend for a day and thoguht the Sti was a nice car. It's faster then the S, but IMO the S is an overall better car. My opinion is not partial to the S just cause i own one either.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:13 PM

so, switch back to the S, one life to live!

j/k. seriously are you keeping the STi though? personally i love that car. got a chance to drive my buddy's sti. Id love to own one.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:54 AM

Evo? Might be the best of both worlds, albeit with crappy interior.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:19 AM

I prefer the EVO as well. Better handles and just as fast.

I also like the looks better.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:41 AM

ditto. evo for me please
Old 07-28-2006, 06:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. WOT,Jul 28 2006, 04:54 AM
Evo? Might be the best of both worlds, albeit with crappy interior.
I like the STI a lot. EVO too. EVO might handle better but seriously, the interior in the EVO is horrid.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:44 AM

Can anyone post pics of both interiors please?

C'mon you gotta admit the seats are nice in the EVO.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:56 AM

My son has a STi. It is definitely faster than my S2000, but not as much fun to drive

Quick Reply: STI is not greater than S2K