S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Car and Bike Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/)
-   -   Taking a Dive in the Subaru World... (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/taking-dive-subaru-world-1191414/)

QUIKAG 01-29-2019 05:48 AM

Congrats! They are nice rides. I like the Type R too, but REALLY wish they had a sleeper/touring model without all the wings and boy racer stuff. I"m too old for that nowadays. If they had a base looking Civic with all the performance goodies and engine of the Type R for a touch less money, I'd seriously want one.

Anyway, the WRX looks good and not boy racer, so that's probably a real-world better option in that regard for sure.

TheDonEffect 01-29-2019 06:01 AM

Congrats on the pick up!

WolfpackS2k 01-29-2019 10:03 AM

WRX Sport? Do you live in Canada?

In the US I think the only trim packages are base, premium and limited. And it's infuriating. When I was shopping for a WRX in 2012 the only option I wanted was the HID headlamps. Only way to get that was the Limited model, which was $30k+, and literally everything else that model had I didn't want (other than heated seats).

zeroptzero 01-29-2019 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol (Post 24559658)
Subaru is generally low pressure sales. Congratulations on your new WRX.

yes you are definitely right on that. The one thing with our Honda dealer in the last few years is that they try to shove in all of these dumb warranties that most people would not want, and they dump it into the price, along with admin fees and such. With Subaru they did not put in an admin fee and actually asked me if I wanted the extra warranty policies rather than just assuming that I wanted them. I like that approach, hence my comment about transparency. Not a fan of this newer car sales approach many other dealers are following. Subaru has been great.

zeroptzero 01-29-2019 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by QUIKAG (Post 24559662)
Congrats! They are nice rides. I like the Type R too, but REALLY wish they had a sleeper/touring model without all the wings and boy racer stuff. I"m too old for that nowadays. If they had a base looking Civic with all the performance goodies and engine of the Type R for a touch less money, I'd seriously want one.

Anyway, the WRX looks good and not boy racer, so that's probably a real-world better option in that regard for sure.

I agree, I really hate the rear wing, not great for an older guy like me and I do use my vehicle for work purposes at times. Too swoopy to take to clients I'm visiting. I love the mechanical systems of the Type R and most of the appearance but at the end of the day it just isn't practical for me right now.

zeroptzero 01-29-2019 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect (Post 24559668)
Congrats on the pick up!

Thank you.

zeroptzero 01-29-2019 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k (Post 24559794)
WRX Sport? Do you live in Canada?

In the US I think the only trim packages are base, premium and limited. And it's infuriating. When I was shopping for a WRX in 2012 the only option I wanted was the HID headlamps. Only way to get that was the Limited model, which was $30k+, and literally everything else that model had I didn't want (other than heated seats).

Yes I am in Canada. I really only wanted the base WRX, but I wanted the adjustable driver seat and the rear cross traffic alert (if my son and wife drives the car), so I had to go up to the Sport model. That tosses in the sunroof which I don't want, and a bunch of other small stuff that are not needed. I would have liked the eyesight safety package but you have to go up several levels for that and that adds a ton of costs. I wish all automakers would go back to the menu list of options like they did decades ago, too many trim packages that add in useless junk these days. lol.

zeroptzero 01-29-2019 04:18 PM

I've never had a car where the oil filter sat upright high up in the engine bay, this is very cool, the oil filter sits between the radiator and the intake manifold, it must be the easiest oil filter change of any vehicle out there, so cool.

TheDonEffect 01-30-2019 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by zeroptzero (Post 24559939)
I've never had a car where the oil filter sat upright high up in the engine bay, this is very cool, the oil filter sits between the radiator and the intake manifold, it must be the easiest oil filter change of any vehicle out there, so cool.

Then you do the spark plugs and think wtf. Not too bad on WRX but the 86s...

zeroptzero 01-31-2019 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect (Post 24560419)
Then you do the spark plugs and think wtf. Not too bad on WRX but the 86s...

oh I never thought about that with respect to the engine design, I hear what you are saying on that. Hopefully the plugs will last a very long time. I also read something about replacing camshaft belts, I thought I was past that stage in my life where belts were replaced by chains lol.