Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > General Interest > Car Talk
Reload this Page >

Test Drive Notes...Colorado,Wrangler JL, CX5, GTI

Notices
Car Talk Discussions and comparisions of cars of all makes and models.

Test Drive Notes...Colorado,Wrangler JL, CX5, GTI

Old 01-03-2019, 08:06 AM

Liked 116 Times in 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Saki GT View Post
They are unibody now, but tow limits are high - 6,500-7,500lb by engine I think. GCs I believe accept mounts for front hitches too. This gen is like 7 years old now, so you can find used examples easily, and they are based on the Mercedes M class architecture, which is part of why they ride so nicely.
You are correct, sir! I was convinced they did not have any front hitches available. A thousand thanks! I really like GC's and that makes a really nice third option!
Old 01-03-2019, 08:18 AM

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts

We have had our 2014 SRT GC for almost 4 years now and that thing has been a gem. No major issues or even minor ones really in the past 56k miles. I’ve towed multiple cars with it and it does great in the snow. I never researched front mount plows for it but they maybe available. Only negative for the srt is fuel mileage but it’s fun pressing the go pedal. A friend of mine picked up a diesel version and loves it too.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:10 AM

Liked 54 Times in 39 Posts

Have you driven the current Ridgeline? The SH-AWD (they don't call it that) is fantastic. Real torque vectoring in the rear (not brake based) on the half shafts. Damn thing handles incredibly. The SOHC VTEC V6 is awesome in combo with the 6 spd. Shift points on the transmission are ideal. It does 0-60 mph in 6.6 seconds. Utility is phenom with the in bed trunk and the magic rear seats that are Fit-like. It rides like an awd luxury sedan and handles damn good for what it is, and is what I'd call quick. I had the first gen and everything is improved on this 2nd gen. It's my next add to the fleet. I think it's Honda's best product currently. So much utility. Comfortable AF too, love the interior. Has tri-zone climate as well.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:13 PM

Just curious how your search is going? I enjoy reading your reviews.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:11 AM

Liked 116 Times in 86 Posts

Originally Posted by ZSAK View Post
Just curious how your search is going? I enjoy reading your reviews.
I really can't tell you how its going. I am in looking at many possibilities mode. I like a lot of cars, and have a couple needs those being more fun than my current DD (the 3 series) and ability to hook a snow plow to it. Most likely be a fun car and a cheap car to plow with. However, when I look at prices and see my current car has 42,000 on it, I am not quite motivated yet. Part of me wants to go overboard, say "screw my savings-first" nature and just sign up for an M2 Competition and the other half of me says that is really stupid. The Cayman is staying but is the garage queen, so an M2 and Cayman sounds like serious overkill.

Right now I am kind of in a mode that wants to wait and drive a 19 Miata, the new 3 series when they come to town, see what the unveiling of the next Golf R holds which won't be leaked until summer, or just pick up a low mile M240i. I like the Type R as well but just don't think I can do it. Too old for that big of a wing. I really don't know which way to go but I am now in my super busy part of the year at work so any decision is likely off until June. I just really don't want to spend a ton. $15-20K on a used pickup or jeep a few years down the road, and some other number on a fun daily.

But just test driving a bunch of cars is fun.

Last edited by vader1; 01-10-2019 at 06:14 AM.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:32 AM

With so low miles on your current daily I think keeping it for a bit longer would be best. We had a 06 330i that we had for 10 years 85k mike and the only out of pocket repair we had to do were some oil leaks from gaskets which was $1200. The car was pretty dead reliable. As far as the type r, I thought I was too old for it as well ( 40 in a few months) but honestly after a while you get use to it and overtime you may enjoy the juvenile look of it. It’s a fun car that is as big as any med size suv. I swear it seems a touch smaller than my wife’s Grand Cherokee . All in all next few years will be interesting to see what cars will come out. I’d love to see the golf r with the 5cyl rs3 motor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands