Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

There is absolutely nothing effeminate about

Old 04-25-2012, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys haven't heard??? Dicso is back! And yes, my Dad disco'd in the 70s.

Vette look just isn't my thing - it's too cheesy looking for me. Obviously YMMV, just a dissenting opinion.

And I know the official Cayman design hasn't been released yet, but some of the mods/insiders at Planet-9 claim to have seen some of the final designs and say that most of the current renderings are pretty spot on. And they were pretty spot on with pre-release renderings of the Boxster design.

This is purely a taste thing, I know. And I guess I'm kinda dumb going against the flow on this one, but what can I say, I am the son of disco.

Back to the Boxster....
Old 04-26-2012, 09:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheDonEffect
Yet you chose a light silver on red to illustrate your point. Interesting.
It certainly isn't a generally masculine design, so... but I guess I know nothing.
And I also don't know why people keep saying that this is the successor (heard it a couple of times on these boards), you know there was a previous boxster, as if that somehow makes the s2000 on the same level of a porsche, it's a honda. Maybe in spirit, but it's a honda and that's a porsche.

i have to respect you as a long time s2ki memeber, but i dont understand your last sentence. why can't a honda be compared to a porsche? msrp? are they not both cars with 4 wheels and a cloth top? does a used boxster s that costs 30k then compare to a new s2k?

now about the porsche. imo, its an amazing car esp period. but prob not what i would pick to have the most fun in.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:59 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Syn
Originally Posted by TabriS2k' timestamp='1335389726' post='21643001
Car does look very good but I dunno, just too much going on for me. I love really simple cars like the S2000 and the elise. This is no doubt nice but porsche seems to be shoving way too much into their cars these days.
As far as exterior styling goes, the Elise is much busier looking. The car itself is more simple of course, but the looks not so much.
IMO the boxster is still relatively simple. Since it is a Porsche you know they are going to add in some of their fancy computer systems and different driving modes etc.... But in the end it's still a lightweight two seat roadster. It has a simple dash board with a big tach. It doesn't have crazy amenities like other Porsches do. I'd drive way I a heart beat
Old 04-26-2012, 10:48 AM

god I love this car. really the only problem I have with it is the potential $85k price tag.
If you get the basic packages, adaptive seats (which i insist on...I'm a big adjustable width fan), sport chrono, pasm, lsd, ventilated seats (I live in AZ), PDK (so the wife can drive in an emergency), nav, and a couple of colored bits to customize it and you're way up over $80k.
You could buy CPO, but you'll never find one with the sporty options (seats, pasm, lsd especially) and if you do, you gotta worry about what the owner did to it.
So really, what Porsche has done (I'm assuming intentionally) put this thing right up there where I might consider dropping 25% more and getting myself a GTS cabrio...with pretty much no options other than the seats.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:59 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by dombey
god I love this car. really the only problem I have with it is the potential $85k price tag.
If you get the basic packages, adaptive seats (which i insist on...I'm a big adjustable width fan), sport chrono, pasm, lsd, ventilated seats (I live in AZ), PDK (so the wife can drive in an emergency), nav, and a couple of colored bits to customize it and you're way up over $80k.
You could buy CPO, but you'll never find one with the sporty options (seats, pasm, lsd especially) and if you do, you gotta worry about what the owner did to it.
So really, what Porsche has done (I'm assuming intentionally) put this thing right up there where I might consider dropping 25% more and getting myself a GTS cabrio...with pretty much no options other than the seats.
Heh.

Boxster S - $60,900
Premium Package with Adaptive Sport Seats Plus - P96 - $5,265
Infotainment Package with BOSE® Surround Sound System - P91 - $3,860
Convertible Top in Black - 4V - $0
Black - A1 - $0
Standard int. / sports seats plus or sports bucket seats in leather Black - AJ - $0
Bi-Xenon(TM) headlights with Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) - 603 - $0
Sport Chrono Package - 639 - $2,370
Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV) - 220 - $1,320
Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) - 475 - $1,790
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) - 250 - $3,200
19-inch Boxster S wheel - 400 - $0
Seat ventilation - 541 - $730
Adaptive sports seats Plus, electrical (18-way, electric) with memory package - P07 - $0
Destination Charge: - $950
Total Price*
$80,385

*Option availability and pricing subject to change. Please consult your local dealer for the most up-to-date information.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:10 PM
pdj

Originally Posted by dombey
couldn't agree more