Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > General Interest > Car Talk
Reload this Page >

Thinking about an F350 - possibly a duely

Notices
Car Talk Discussions and comparisions of cars of all makes and models.

Thinking about an F350 - possibly a duely

 
Old 03-22-2017, 02:00 PM
  #41  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: West Texas
Posts: 1,035
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Wait, the title of the thread "thinking about f350 possibly duely (sic)", and I just read how impressed you were with a Honda Fit?!?!

I clearly missed some things by skipping straight to the last page!
Jdrum1 is offline  
Old 03-23-2017, 09:33 AM
  #42  
 
Marioshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 2,095
Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jdrum1 View Post
Wait, the title of the thread "thinking about f350 possibly duely (sic)", and I just read how impressed you were with a Honda Fit?!?!

I clearly missed some things by skipping straight to the last page!
Did you miss that he ended up buying a Ford Focus? I mean, I guess they are both Fords at least...
Marioshi is offline  
Old 03-29-2017, 05:02 AM
  #43  
Thread Starter
 
d1rtyc4r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 932
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Review posted, I was all jacked up on caffeine and knocked it out.
d1rtyc4r is offline  
Old 03-29-2017, 05:12 AM
  #44  
Thread Starter
 
d1rtyc4r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 932
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jdrum1 View Post
Wait, the title of the thread "thinking about f350 possibly duely (sic)", and I just read how impressed you were with a Honda Fit?!?!

I clearly missed some things by skipping straight to the last page!
I was surprised by the fit, I wanted to test drive it to see how much I hated it. Turns out, I didn't hate it at all. I wouldn't say the car is "impressive" (did I say that, too lazy to go back and check), but it gets the job done.
d1rtyc4r is offline  
Old 03-29-2017, 05:44 AM
  #45  
 
TofuProductions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,072
Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default

You know, I've never been a huge fan of trucks and aside from me personally never owning one, I'm sure you have your reasons as to why it would fit your life and lifestyle, if it makes you happy man, go for it.
TofuProductions is offline  
Old 03-29-2017, 01:11 PM
  #46  
 
TommyDeVito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,139
Liked 54 Times in 39 Posts
Default

I gotta cut you off there, you can't park a car without sensors or a camera? You're not a man! Turn in your card!
Sorry, I am not an elite parker. I have to park this car on the street, and have to squeeze into some tight spots if I don't want to park another 1/4 mile away. The assistance of a camera and sensor makes this safe and easy to do. I had to skip many a spot in the Jetta because I didn't want to attempt to fit in it and risk bumping the car behind me.
You think parking a Focus is tough without a backup cam? Have fun with a dually......

You take offense to some of us telling you the dually is pretty stupid? The difference between a dually and your GT3 you'll never track is I can see around your Porsche. I'm a motorcyclist so that's important me.
I loathe people who buy suburbans, Hummers, any Land Yacht, or Exxon Valdez who don't use it or get it for its' intended purpose. They weigh a shit ton and just more pounds on our roads our counties and states don't take care of as is. People can't even park a F150 worth two fuchs, so a Dually is worse. I'll park the car, right up to the edge of a curb on the passenger side. Then when I return some douche in a full size truck or larger has parked diagonally to the point I either have to crawl through the passenger door to the drivers seat or in one case, wait for the douche to return so I can leave. Then there are the door dings the land yachts inflict on society. Then there is the shit they throw up on the road, so awesome when you're right behind, multiple car lengths, and bam!

So yeah, I see people driving land yachts, solo, all day every day. Nothing in the bed, no trailer of any kind, just douche central. In contrast, many many fast cars today, when your foot isn't buried in it, return decent fuel economy, don't take up 2 parking spaces, and you can see ahead, around them. **** the dually, buy yourself another sportscar instead. Wanna experience the wonderful driving characteristics of a full size body on frame POS, go rent one, roll the windows down, wear a curled up baseball cap and put a dip of cope in.
TommyDeVito is offline  
Old 04-03-2017, 05:34 AM
  #47  
Thread Starter
 
d1rtyc4r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 932
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TommyDeVito View Post
You think parking a Focus is tough without a backup cam? Have fun with a dually......

You take offense to some of us telling you the dually is pretty stupid? The difference between a dually and your GT3 you'll never track is I can see around your Porsche. I'm a motorcyclist so that's important me.
I loathe people who buy suburbans, Hummers, any Land Yacht, or Exxon Valdez who don't use it or get it for its' intended purpose. They weigh a shit ton and just more pounds on our roads our counties and states don't take care of as is. People can't even park a F150 worth two fuchs, so a Dually is worse. I'll park the car, right up to the edge of a curb on the passenger side. Then when I return some douche in a full size truck or larger has parked diagonally to the point I either have to crawl through the passenger door to the drivers seat or in one case, wait for the douche to return so I can leave. Then there are the door dings the land yachts inflict on society. Then there is the shit they throw up on the road, so awesome when you're right behind, multiple car lengths, and bam!

So yeah, I see people driving land yachts, solo, all day every day. Nothing in the bed, no trailer of any kind, just douche central. In contrast, many many fast cars today, when your foot isn't buried in it, return decent fuel economy, don't take up 2 parking spaces, and you can see ahead, around them. **** the dually, buy yourself another sportscar instead. Wanna experience the wonderful driving characteristics of a full size body on frame POS, go rent one, roll the windows down, wear a curled up baseball cap and put a dip of cope in.
Jesus christ, you got triggered to hell and back.

I will definitely post once I pick up a diesel truck just to see you lose your shit, lol.
d1rtyc4r is offline  
Old 04-06-2017, 12:01 PM
  #48  
 
TofuProductions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,072
Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by d1rtyc4r View Post
Jesus christ, you got triggered to hell and back.

I will definitely post once I pick up a diesel truck just to see you lose your shit, lol.
While I can't say I didn't laugh out loud at TommyDeVito's post, I can't say I didn't nod my head quite a bit either.
TofuProductions is offline  
Old 04-07-2017, 07:40 AM
  #49  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,939
Liked 19 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Hilarious. I ride motorcycles too, and don't have a problem seeing or maneuvering around pickup trucks. Most of the time I drive my truck, I am NOT hauling any kind of load. I still need it for the times when I do, and it doesn't always make sense to have another vehicle. My truck is my go-to winter vehicle. All of my cars are sports cars and aren't really winter capable. It doesn't even make sense to own or drive anything nice in the winter if you live where they sand and salt the roads.
rwheelz is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
d1rtyc4r
Car Talk
10
09-23-2017 09:42 AM
adrs2k
Car Talk
84
04-24-2017 07:30 AM
d1rtyc4r
Car Talk
59
09-01-2014 01:15 PM
vader1
Car Talk
56
08-10-2010 03:36 PM
Mr.E.G.
Car Talk
29
07-28-2010 07:35 AM


Quick Reply: Thinking about an F350 - possibly a duely


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands