Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

thinking about getting a new CRV as a daily driver

Old 05-05-2002, 07:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default thinking about getting a new CRV as a daily driver

My S2000 is my little weekend fun car. Currently, I am driving a Toyota Corolla as my daily driver. I am seriously thinking about getting a new CRV to replace that. I have yet to drive it, but does anyone have any experience with it? What is a good price to go after in the EX model? Thanks.
Old 05-05-2002, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's exactly what i did, just picked up an lx model 2 months ago to use as my daily driver and love it, gets great mileage and rides almost like a car, ivtec is pretty torquey and rear seat recline, it's extremely practical, you should test drive. try to get ex model for around 21,000. good luck on your decision.
Old 05-06-2002, 06:13 PM

The CRV is a fantastic little vehicle. We owned and loved a previous generation EX and don't have a single bad thing to say about it.

We've driven the new generation EX a few times and were very, very impressed. Al that was good about the previous generation (utility, smooth, practicality) has been greatly enhanced and the two things that we wanted with our old CRV (a bit more power and a mooroof) have been fixed.

IMO, the only thing that a new CRV really needs is some decent tires. As they come from the factory, the OEM tires are a little too much budget conscious (IMO) and are a little loud, a little hard and not really up to the task. Put some better meats on that puppy and you're absolutely good to go.

Honestly, if you aren't going to do any more serious "off roading" than getting stuck in a big storm or the twice yearly trip to snowboard there isn't a better choice out there for the money. It hauls plenty of stuff (there's only two of us), it's quiet, drives very well (very car like, which is a good thing), and gets phenomenal gas mileage. We routinely got 22mpg on regular unleaded in ours and the new, improved IVTEC motor gets even better mileage on regular.
Old 05-30-2002, 05:36 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

The first gen 'V was an excellent vehicle, and the 2nd gen is even better cuz it finally offers a sunroof and plenty of torque. I've got an EX A/T and couldn't be happier. BTW, I started a cr-v forum at http://www.HondaCR-V.org Lots of pics and reviews posted there in case you need more info on the CR-V. Hope you get your 'V
Old 05-30-2002, 06:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks gatorgreg, still trying to get one. but first i need to sell my accord. btw, are you a UF alum? I am, graduated in 98.
Old 05-30-2002, 06:17 PM

Originally posted by F1 Tech
btw, are you a UF alum?
Yep, I graduated back in the eighties. Geez I'm getting old

Go Gators!
Old 06-03-2002, 02:39 AM

Gator, is that really You!

glad u finally chimmed in. It seemed like people were tired of me pushing your site.
Old 06-03-2002, 01:35 PM

thats funny because i just replaced my '99 crv for an '02 s2000 as a daily driver
Old 06-04-2002, 06:18 AM

FWIW, I'm holding off till the fall. I've already told my dealer that I want to get an Element. I saw it at the NY auto show. It is ugly, but ugly in a good way. Plus the added versatility of the door and seat configuration are more appealing to me then the CR-V.

-- Tom

( and for additonal FWIW, I graduated USF in '94)
Old 06-04-2002, 06:49 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MDXLuvr
[B]Gator, is that really You!

Quick Reply: thinking about getting a new CRV as a daily driver