Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Type R future

Old 07-13-2019, 08:22 AM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

I love the way the way it looks; big wing and all. Very polarizing, and you know it's a Type R right away. FWD is fine. It's still a Civic, and keeps tradition with all Type R's. On the track it proves itself by beating all its competitors. The fact that the car still sells over MRSP and holds value tells a lot about the car.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:15 PM

Received 3,361 Likes on 2,444 Posts

Originally Posted by InitialDougie
I bet the future will change the car significantly from an all gasoline setup to some hybrid drive train.

The looks are polarizing, but not marginal by any means - This S2K group has always been a tough crowd when it comes to the looks of the CTR.

I just hope the car continues to be made, and it should be as Honda has one hell of a hit on their hands and they're having no problem selling them.
I think many of us want to see a more upscale sophisticated CTR rather than a boy-racer version. Honda can achieve that easily by offering a couple different option packages with very little effort needed, also many people don't need a race car on the street, so this is where option packages really make sense.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:18 PM

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
I think many of us want to see a more upscale sophisticated CTR rather than a boy-racer version. Honda can achieve that easily by offering a couple different option packages with very little effort needed, also many people don't need a race car on the street, so this is where option packages really make sense.
Honda can achieve this by selling one rebranded under Acura, which I am surprised they aren't doing.

Anyway, I've been patiently waiting on these to drop price below $30k used as I want one as a DD / few-time-a-year GTA car, which doesn't really seem to be happening. If Honda sold a Si hatch I'd buy one tomorrow. I can afford a Type R, I'd just rather not spend $42k on a daily driver all said and done.
Old 07-13-2019, 12:54 PM

Received 3,361 Likes on 2,444 Posts

Originally Posted by Chibo
Honda can achieve this by selling one rebranded under Acura, which I am surprised they aren't doing.

Anyway, I've been patiently waiting on these to drop price below $30k used as I want one as a DD / few-time-a-year GTA car, which doesn't really seem to be happening. If Honda sold a Si hatch I'd buy one tomorrow. I can afford a Type R, I'd just rather not spend $42k on a daily driver all said and done.
Yeah bring back the Integra Type R under the Acura badge that would be sweet. I've got a Integra GS-R in my garage which I love, still nostalgic about the Integra Type R. Acura has never been the same since that model left its stables.