Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

Used car values down, gonna add to the garage?

Old 08-24-2017, 12:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm toying with the idea of selling the s2k, replacing it with an older Z4/Boxster/possibly 350z and pocketing the rest for other things. Otherwise I'll keep it for a while yet. I just bought my Infiniti for winter DD duty so I plan on holding onto that one for a while.
Old 08-24-2017, 02:28 PM

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by coop3422
I'm toying with the idea of selling the s2k, replacing it with an older Z4/Boxster/possibly 350z and pocketing the rest for other things. Otherwise I'll keep it for a while yet. I just bought my Infiniti for winter DD duty so I plan on holding onto that one for a while.
I love how the S2k is now worth more than its contemporary competitors, which were substantially more expensive than the S2k when new.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:50 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by JonBoy
Ah - I love the look of the Aston Martins. Haven't driven one yet but everytime I see one, I drool.

Good point - no manual in the McLarens at all. My bad.
Here's a pictures of new toy:

Attached Thumbnails Used car values down, gonna add to the garage?-20170803_085757.jpg   Used car values down, gonna add to the garage?-img_1829.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by mosesbotbol:
JamesD89 (08-29-2017), JonBoy (08-29-2017)
Old 08-29-2017, 07:52 AM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

Very sexy! Great color combination.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:12 AM

Love it, congrats man! Driving impressions would be great once you get some good seat time.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:40 AM

Received 120 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by white98ls
Love it, congrats man! Driving impressions would be great once you get some good seat time.
First impression is this car is raw, loves to rev, great turn in, heavier clutch, great visibility, and just wicked to start up. Everything is just so well crafted like an Hermes saddle. Even has a crystal ashtray! The leather is gorgeous. All cubbies and latches are secured by magnet with real metal. Very well done. A real work of art inside.

Very "straight up" driving style. Kind of old school. You have to actually drive the car; it won't go fast on its own like some modern sports cars. Installing Velocity AP decats on it tomorrow and that is the only mod I am doing. I am questioning whether to do it as it's already pretty loud on the inside. Not sure if it's louder or on just par with the Shelby GT350 on the inside. I love how it has a high power starter that really kicks over to start the car. Not like the Shelby where it starts up so easily. The Aston is more of an event. The seats are the most comfortable sports car seats I have tried to date. Plenty of room left leg unlike the Evora. Not as "pinpoint" as the Evora, but certainly on closer side. Has the mid level stereo which is ok; nothing to write home about. The B&O optioned Vantages are hard to find. It really does feel special driving it. Last fast car previous to this I drove was a '14 CLS63 AMG-S. That car was faster in a straight line, but not as engaging or has the sensory appeal.

Funny in the owner's manual, every section prefaces with "if you car is installed with".
The following users liked this post:
white98ls (08-29-2017)
Old 08-29-2017, 09:13 AM

Received 423 Likes on 298 Posts

Very nice. Awesome car. Have fun.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
First impression is this car is raw, loves to rev, great turn in, heavier clutch, great visibility, and just wicked to start up. Everything is just so well crafted like an Hermes saddle. Even has a crystal ashtray! The leather is gorgeous. All cubbies and latches are secured by magnet with real metal. Very well done. A real work of art inside.

Very "straight up" driving style. Kind of old school. You have to actually drive the car; it won't go fast on its own like some modern sports cars. Installing Velocity AP decats on it tomorrow and that is the only mod I am doing. I am questioning whether to do it as it's already pretty loud on the inside. Not sure if it's louder or on just par with the Shelby GT350 on the inside. I love how it has a high power starter that really kicks over to start the car. Not like the Shelby where it starts up so easily. The Aston is more of an event. The seats are the most comfortable sports car seats I have tried to date. Plenty of room left leg unlike the Evora. Not as "pinpoint" as the Evora, but certainly on closer side. Has the mid level stereo which is ok; nothing to write home about. The B&O optioned Vantages are hard to find. It really does feel special driving it. Last fast car previous to this I drove was a '14 CLS63 AMG-S. That car was faster in a straight line, but not as engaging or has the sensory appeal.

Funny in the owner's manual, every section prefaces with "if you car is installed with".
Everything you said really resonates with me. I love some of the details that make up the full experience, in some ways more than the actual performance provided that's at a decent enough level. Sounds like it has a lot of character.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:45 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Well, the prices of the used cars I want - Integra Type R, original NSX, Datsun Z, e30 M3, various Porsches - seem to be rising... and quick.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by VilleS2K
Well, the prices of the used cars I want - Integra Type R, original NSX, Datsun Z, e30 M3, various Porsches - seem to be rising... and quick.
It's as if other car enthusiasts with more money and garage space than me are reading my mind and driving up the prices of stuff soon after it enters my mind...

Quick Reply: Used car values down, gonna add to the garage?