Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.
View Poll Results: 1M vs. Evora
1M
55.91%
Evora
44.09%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

What to get? 1M vs. '10 Evora

Old 08-25-2011, 12:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have drove the evora on the road and the track. I have drove the 1M but I would say 1M all the way! The sticker price on the evora is just nuts! The proformace is that of a mini van, slow, understeers, but ride is cumfy for cruising. The back seats are pretty useless and I dont like that it doesnt have a dead pedal its just natural for me to rest my foot there. Unless I got a killer deal on an evora I would pass on it and not feel bad at all.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

1M. Evora seriously isn't worth the $. It sure looks good though. Performance or look, u pick.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:21 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

1M:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEvpnKRLDO4
Old 08-26-2011, 03:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd agree with the 1M people. The Evora will offer worse performance for more money. And you'd feel motivated to give up your stook if you got an Evora. It does look incredible though.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I vote for the Evora. It is a beautiful car and will not be common on the road. Plus, it is a mid-engine vehicle so it shouldn't effect your feeling for the S. Again, a 1M while noticeably different to the enthusiats eye, will look like every other 1 series on the road to the everyone else. If anyting, the 1M should be the one to make you have feelings of giving up the S as it is the same set up, FR just with more power.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:34 PM

I seen a 1M in Sudbury, ON (where I live, there's barely any nice cars) and it had an amazing road presence, I almost snapped my neck turning so fast and I wanted to do a U-turn to catch up to it.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:02 PM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

That 1M video is insane! Awesome!
Old 08-26-2011, 06:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

In my opinion, this one is a no brainer--1M all the way. I'm so convinced, I have one coming myself in 4 weeks
Old 08-26-2011, 07:30 PM

Received 483 Likes on 367 Posts

Hmm, I love the Evora, looks wonderful, but the the refinement (i.e. build quality) is a bit suspect. The 1M is an awesome machine, hell the 135i is an awesome machine. I guess it comes down to what is it gonna be doing mostly? Weekend ride or weekend warrior? Reason I say that is because I'm sure on the streets both will be equally fun in their own way to drive, but the 1 would be better when the pace quickens with the competitive juices flowing, whereas the evora looks damn good pulling up anywhere and just makes you feel special. Nothing wrong with either, figure that out and you got your answer.
I love everything about the 1m but man, reason why I cant get myself to like it is cuz at the price I just expect more out of the styling, and a full refresh is bound to come around. I honestly believe they couldve made it look better but didnt because they didn't want to rob sales from the 3 series, much like how porsche couldve made the cayman more powerful for the same price (actually wouldve been cheaper) but didnt because theyd didnt want to rob sales from the 911. The Evora, the engine flat out doesnt get me all hot and bothered, I mean hell, if it was a honda v6, or a ecoboost ford v6, or anything but a camry v6, I mean when I think excitement, I think camry, they might as well said we got the v6 from the chrysler town and country. I mean yeah, I love reliable well made powerplants, but that doesnt matter when everything around it isn't expected to last 200K. But if push came to shove, I'd probably get the evora just because everytime I take it out, that in itself would feel like an event.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:11 PM

I'll take the lighter car with a lot more steering feel.

Straight line speed isn't everything.

Besides the Evora gets to 60 in 5.0 seconds which is quick enough for me. You can always get the Evora S if you want more power. I also got a chance to see a 1M in person the other day and it really didn't do anything for me. Looks kind of neat but that's it.

To the OP: Did you take a look at a 2009-2010 Cayman S? It will be faster than the Base Evora all while retaining the same lightweight feel and response.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cJhF...eature=related

Quick Reply: What to get? 1M vs. '10 Evora