S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Car and Bike Talk (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/)
-   -   What the Hell is Up With These People? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-bike-talk-73/what-hell-up-these-people-406927/)

whitetiger777 07-22-2006 12:41 AM

What the Hell is Up With These People?

Now that I actualy have a car that I feel is woth a damn, I now find my self trying to get more fit by parking a good distance away from the door. I find a spot out in the boon docks where there are a lot of open parking spaces so i know I'm free and clear from car doors and shopping cart. BUT, what do I find everytime I walk back to my car???? Some one has parking in the parking spot right next to me. There are 20 open spaces close to my car that they could have taken, but why, oh why, to they take the space right next to me.
Now I can understant it if it was some Civic, another S2000, Miata, or some other sports car trying to groupe up, but no!!! It always some faided paint Minivan, or some hillbilly pickup truck...and not even a nice truck, it's some truck with fated paint, rear view mirror held on with bailing twine, or even sometimes duct tape. And I know that the people who have those kind of vehickles don't watch doors the way we do. So , why, oh why do they have the need to take up the spot right next to me??? Do any of you have this problem also? And of cource i just cnat justify to myself to take up two parking spots....

Sorry, just venting I guess.

Big_Al 07-22-2006 05:10 AM

:iagree:
For me, its ALWAYS a shitbox minivan.

I usually park at the end of a lot, figuring the majority of our fatass population can't waddle that far to the store. Yet it never ceases to amaze me the lengths people will go to to park next to what they perceive as a "nice" car

CalBear 07-22-2006 05:23 AM

Yeah, I generally park far away from entrances to avoid this situation. However, it still happens sometimes and my heart skips a beat whenever I see something like an 80's Tbird (long doors) parked next to me. Oh well, as long as they don't put a ding/dent on your door I guess it's no biggie.

Saki GT 07-22-2006 05:43 AM

I've generally taken to taking two spots - straight in - because of this. No matter how far away I parked, it was a crap car that would find me. After one slight scratch (buffable), I said F this and I now take two spots. There are some places I won't even shop b/c the parking lot is crowded or poorly laid out.

Slamnasty 07-22-2006 08:12 AM

I just look for spots that are at the end of a row, so only one side of the car is "vulnerable". Usually the end spots are shaded too; That runs the risk of a good pigeon bombing, but at least you can wash that off.

At work I've found a spot to park that's at the end of a row, AND is about 2 feet bigger than the other spots. Other cars couldn't ding me if they tried when I'm parked there.

PilotKD 07-22-2006 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Slamnasty,Jul 22 2006, 10:12 AM
I just look for spots that are at the end of a row, so only one side of the car is "vulnerable". Usually the end spots are shaded too; That runs the risk of a good pigeon bombing, but at least you can wash that off.

At work I've found a spot to park that's at the end of a row, AND is about 2 feet bigger than the other spots. Other cars couldn't ding me if they tried when I'm parked there.

I look for these spots also and try to hug the curb so that there's a good amount of space on the offending side. Up in this neck of the woods, it's SUV's galore (I know, as opposed to the rest of the country?). Even parking in these spaces, it never fails that I get some assclown who can't park his Tahoe between the damn lines because he's looking at dividing the space I've left instead of staying in his spot and ends up about a foot over into my space anyway.

MULDER 07-22-2006 04:31 PM

I feel you pain.............

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../mycardoor.jpg

Big_Al 07-22-2006 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by MulderATO,Jul 22 2006, 07:31 PM

:banghead:

Saki GT 07-22-2006 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by MulderATO,Jul 22 2006, 07:31 PM

Are you kidding me? I would have ripped that guy's mirror off!

MULDER 07-22-2006 05:55 PM

It was an old lady....... I couldn't get in so I waited the owner to come. I waited and she come out of Belks....... had the nerve to ask ME to move my car! I was there long before she showed up.