Car and Bike Talk Discussions and comparisons of cars and motorcycles of all makes and models.

What the Hell is Up With These People?

Old 07-23-2006, 12:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It happened to me before. I had to put the top down then hop in. The worst parking lot is at this one shopping area where the spaces for regular cars can barely fit compact cars and compact spaces looks like they at meant for motorcycles.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:59 PM
Banned

I've seen people key and slash the tires of people who take more than one spot, and while I think any destruction of other people's property is a bad thing in a way those people deserved it.

My favorite is the person with a riced S200 I saw a few months back boxed in by two pickup trucks after taking 3 spots diagonally across. Classic.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by MulderATO,Jul 22 2006, 04:31 PM
I feel you pain.............

Somebody did that to me once. The thing is, the vehicle was already there when I parked next to it, and I had plenty of room to get out of my car... then I go into the building for maybe 15 mins. and come back out because I had forgotten something, and during that time, this same vehicle had for some reason been moved to the point where I now had literally about 4 inches of space between our doors. WTF, was that intentional? Anyway I had to get in the passenger side and climb over the center console just to get into the driver's seat. Boy was I pissed though. I left them with a nice little surprise but I won't get into that here.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:01 AM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

Grrr! Someone slammed my door on Friday night. I mean, they SLAMMED my door. They actually dented the thing! I have a roughly 1.5" long scrape, plus a dent to match. I don't know how this happens - it was high on the door, so it was either a truck or an SUV (they're the only ones that can reach that high on the door. They must've literally driven the door into the car as hard as they could.

Ugh. I was pretty ticked off Saturday when I saw it.
Old 07-24-2006, 06:57 AM

this is no s2000, but a while ago my girlfriend came out of the bank she worked in. when she got to her car, the rear passenger side door was all smashed in on the upper half. it looks like some fat person slammed their big ass against it and left a nice big ass imprint. i cant imagine what really caused it.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:38 AM
HJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you guys will get a kick out of this one. One day I was driving my mother's Civic because it was kind of raining and I didn't feel like driving the S. It's a very well taken care of car and in its 5 years of existence, not a blemish on the whole thing. So I was in need of coffee and I went to a Donkin Donuts near by. Got my French Vanilla and came out to sit in the car and listen to music while enjoying the coffee.

Now note this, I am parked in the last spot of the parking lot, with about 2 feet from the line on the "vulnerable side". I am sitting there sipping and I see this old Cadi pull up to the spot next to me, and for some reason couldn't park in the spot and takes up all the space I had left on that side. I look over thinking WTF, why can't people park and I notice this old lady trying to get out from the passenger side, cane and all. I am thinking, oook, please don't hit my car.

BAM! She swings that damn old Cadi door into the Civic's front fender. I am thinking, WTF! But while trying to think of something to say, the door had swung back to her since she pushed it so hard and from it bouncing off the fender... and then... she did it again! BAM! I am so shocked that I was literally staring at her, with my windows down, mouth wide open and hands lifted in the air. She looks over at me, gets out, adjusts her padding on the seat, sat back down, shut her door, and not even one word. I really wanted to take her cane from her and beat that Cadi down, but my sane side came back to me and I just stepped out, checked my fender (no visible damage), gave her a dirty look, and decided to let it go, all the while thinking that this is really just bs. But what are you going to do to an old lady.

So I get back in and pick up my coffee, trying to forget what just happened. Eventually they pulled away.

5 minutes into my calming session, an old toyota truck pulls in next to me, again way over the line and into my spot, and I am thinking "no way?"

BAM! Door comes flying open and the guy slams that heavy ass passenger side rusted pos into my front fender. I really just thought to myself that they must all think this is funny and some guy is around the block handing out numbers to park next to me and slam their doors into me.

This time though, seeing how it's just some dude, I lowered my window and yelled some obscenities with my cup of hot coffee in one hand. He saw and quickly apologized and ran inside without hearing the rest.

Sigh, what the hell are you going to do. I checked again, and surprisingly the Civic still is straight on the fender. But I said screw this and quickly left the parking lot before the next number was up.

Sorry for the long post, but it definitly brought back some unpleasant memories. Good luck in the parking lot all.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by timrocks311,Jul 24 2006, 09:57 AM
this is no s2000, but a while ago my girlfriend came out of the bank she worked in. when she got to her car, the rear passenger side door was all smashed in on the upper half. it looks like some fat person slammed their big ass against it and left a nice big ass imprint. i cant imagine what really caused it.
lol. Welcome to America
Old 07-24-2006, 11:31 AM

I just realy don't understand the lack of concern for other peoples property. I know that if there is a nice car parked somewhere out of the way, someone loves their car and goes through the effort to keep it safe by parking far away. Why not give them their space? There are a lot of parking spaces in the lot, and I don't need to be right on his door. And as for the peole who open thier door on other peoples cars with out caring, it seems as if it's the American mentality, "If it didn't hurt my stuff, why should I care?"
Old 07-24-2006, 12:53 PM

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Saki GT,Jul 22 2006, 05:43 AM
There are some places I won't even shop b/c the parking lot is crowded or poorly laid out.
My friends all make fun of me that the only time I'll go grocery shopping is after 11pm. Any other time in a grocery store parking lot is just scratches/scrapes/dents just waiting to happen.

I came out once to some lady taking her groceries out of her cart, putting them on top of the trunk of my Subaru, then putting them in her car. She hurried up and left before I could even get over there to say anything to her.

Apparently this person did not learn the same lesson I did as a child - if it isn't yours DON'T TOUCH IT!
Old 07-24-2006, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Big_Al,Jul 22 2006, 04:35 PM
This happened to me at a Barnes & Noble Bookstore. I had to put the top down to be able to get into the car

Quick Reply: What the Hell is Up With These People?