Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

2 weeks ago I bought....

Old 03-04-2018, 06:37 AM

Liked 56 Times in 56 Posts

Narrow tyres and low weight I guess?

Show my age but when I was a lad i think most cars could get around in snow.. now most are pretty poor. But then 165 tyres were standard

Our Golf GTD was truly useless

​​​​​​
Old 03-04-2018, 07:28 AM

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2 View Post
Narrow tyres and low weight I guess?

Show my age but when I was a lad i think most cars could get around in snow.. now most are pretty poor. But then 165 tyres were standard

Our Golf GTD was truly useless

​​​​​​
Exactly that...along with FWD and low power.

We had an Aygo a few years ago and it scooted about happily in the snow when most other cars (and their clueless drivers) struggled.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:38 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2 View Post

ha that is mental. Hideous bikes.

Got up close to some crazy cars at Autosport this year, those ‘busa V8s are just amazing. That would be what i would go for in Ian’s commuter bubble

not this.. i think those double ‘busas have more power than my M3! And a lot less chocolate i imagine

https://youtu.be/cRdqU1uze0A

I insulted the guy who built that originally. They'd just put the body kit on but no decals or anything to say what it was. He was showing me around the interesting stuff in the workshop when I asked him "why are you bothering with a chav'd up Aygo" He didn't seem amused by that comment. Also pissed him off by gunning the engine a few times in the LFA meaning that the apprentices in there did no work whilst bugging him if they could have a go too

Was impressed by actually how much room there was on the inside of an IQ (relatively speaking) having been sat in the back with two 6 footers up front and none of us being narrow around the waist. Only disturbing thing was looking over your shoulder into the boot and realising you were looking at the road immediately behind you
Old 03-07-2018, 04:24 AM

Liked 19 Times in 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ianl View Post
Exactly that...along with FWD and low power.

We had an Aygo a few years ago and it scooted about happily in the snow when most other cars (and their clueless drivers) struggled.
Yup, I followed Karen home (106 1.1) in my MX-5 on Japanese Dunlops one icy night. Probably 145s vs 185s, from memory.

I struggled to keep up.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:29 AM

Liked 56 Times in 56 Posts

Originally Posted by fluffyninja View Post
I insulted the guy who built that originally. They'd just put the body kit on but no decals or anything to say what it was. He was showing me around the interesting stuff in the workshop when I asked him "why are you bothering with a chav'd up Aygo" He didn't seem amused by that comment. Also pissed him off by gunning the engine a few times in the LFA meaning that the apprentices in there did no work whilst bugging him if they could have a go too

Was impressed by actually how much room there was on the inside of an IQ (relatively speaking) having been sat in the back with two 6 footers up front and none of us being narrow around the waist. Only disturbing thing was looking over your shoulder into the boot and realising you were looking at the road immediately behind you

Insider..

That is the bit that scares, in a crash with a badly driven twunk you could be in trouble.

​​​​​​Maybe a rally style roll cage is needed? Or rubber bumpers so you bounce off
Old 03-16-2018, 04:37 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It's so small you could probably fit the thing in a zorb ball

I do miss the actual playing with cars bit of the job. Don't get to do that so much these days