Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Bus lane camera tickets - any loopholes as I don't

Old 11-04-2006, 03:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bus lane camera tickets - any loopholes as I don't

I haven't been on this site for a while but please don't hold that against me (some of the oldies on here may remember me ). I could do with some help.

I've been sent a letter saying that a camera operator was observing real time footage from CCTV and it is supported by videotaped evidence that I was in a buss lane. They have my number plate.
Now I'm not convinced an offence was commited, the only thing I can think is that I might have cut the corner of the end of a clear buss lane but was certainly not driving down one. If that was the case then I think it would be a jobsworth, camera operator jealously thinking ha I'll nab the bloke in that sports car.

They do the usual trick of pay
Old 11-04-2006, 03:35 AM

normally they sent a pic with the claim, if they havn't done that then i think it would be worth asking the question at the very least.

i used to live in wimbledon.......
Old 11-04-2006, 04:08 AM

The obvious one that springs to mind is PePiPoo.com although there are a fair number of traffic officers and a "speeding etc" forum on Pistonheads.com too...

Andy

Edited to add: You should be within your rights to view the evidence, even if it means making an appt to view it at their premises. Technically I believe you are entitled to any footage or still pictures of yourself taken in a public place (assuming they're not covered by a signed release) for "a reasonable admin fee" and so the CCTV footage shouldn't be hard to get hold of. I'm sure someone will be along to correct me if that's tosh but I think it's part of EU law
Old 11-04-2006, 04:11 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

When I was warking near Aldgate there was a bus lane camera that cought a *lot* of guys I worked with.

They just switched into the lane to make a left turn a few yards down the road.

They still had to pay.

Old 11-04-2006, 04:13 AM

Cheers Andy - I do need to get more info as I'm sure I didn't do anything wrong as I am very mindfull of bus lanes, yellow cross hatches etc.

p.s. is that your VX for sale on vx220.org? Looks lovely and great roads round your way.

Old 11-04-2006, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by StevenM,Nov 4 2006, 01:11 PM
When I was warking near Aldgate there was a bus lane camera that cought a *lot* of guys I worked with.

They just switched into the lane to make a left turn a few yards down the road.

They still had to pay.

Cheeky council, I'd say that is all about revenue generations rather than the spirit of the law. Those colleagues must have been pissed off.
The irony is that if they were able to nip out and cut the corner left they were actually helping traffic flow.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by dws2000,Nov 4 2006, 01:13 PM
stuff said ..... is that your VX for sale on vx220.org? Looks lovely and great roads round your way
Yes it is my VX

[Fry] Buy it! Buy it! Buy it! Buy it! Buy it! Buy it! Buy it! [/Fry]
Old 11-04-2006, 04:51 AM

Oh trust me you don't know the half of it.
I've seen a design to IP enable one local authorities camera network, this will enable all footage to be recorded and replayed on demand. Primarily to a team of people who then view and record any offences commited and automatically issue the invoice, oops fine. All in the name of your security of course

Even better all the 'work' can be done in Mumbai
Old 11-04-2006, 04:09 PM

[QUOTE=dws2000,Nov 4 2006, 04:29 AM] I haven't been on this site for a while but please don't hold that against me (some of the oldies on here may remember me ). I could do with some help.

I've been sent a letter saying that a camera operator was observing real time footage from CCTV and it is supported by videotaped evidence that I was in a buss lane. They have my number plate.
Now I'm not convinced an offence was commited, the only thing I can think is that I might have cut the corner of the end of a clear buss lane but was certainly not driving down one. If that was the case then I think it would be a jobsworth, camera operator jealously thinking ha I'll nab the bloke in that sports car.

They do the usual trick of pay
Old 11-04-2006, 11:31 PM

Pay up and put it down to experience! Not worth the hassle.

Quick Reply: Bus lane camera tickets - any loopholes as I don't