Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Check out the Evo VIII bell end

Old 09-18-2015, 02:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hahaha that was funny. After he stopped spinning what is that on the tarmac on the left side of his car? I thought somebody fell out lol. I watch a youtube channel called Fast Lane Daily, every Tuesday they have a segment called Doing It Wrong (DIW). This is perfect material for them! It would be cool seeing your video on their show.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

37,000 views already!!

That “BELLEND” just keeps getting funnier !
Old 09-18-2015, 03:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Evo boy is a bell end, no question, but as has been pointed out all ready, OP was content sitting in the traffic until Evo nob turns up and he moves in to teach him a lesson.

No excusing what Evo nob does, but if you go looking for trouble, don't be surprised when you get it. Lucky you aren't wearing that Evo as a hat. Might have been his shitty driving, but you would have brought it on yourself.

I ain't buying the 'I've got nothing to prove' line or that you were avoiding the truck - you could have patiently stayed put and passed the truck down the road when it was safe.
Old 09-18-2015, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbloke
OP was content sitting in the traffic until Evo nob turns up and he moves in to teach him . I ain't buying the 'I've got nothing to prove' line or that you were avoiding the truck - you could have patiently stayed put and passed the truck down the road when it was safe.
Well said - OP changes lane twice, once after stopping at the junction, suggesting a distinct lack of observation and forward planning. Hardly defensive riding.

But the OP is recently trained so must be right....
Old 09-18-2015, 10:45 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbloke
Evo boy is a bell end, no question, but as has been pointed out all ready, OP was content sitting in the traffic until Evo nob turns up and he moves in to teach him a lesson.
As been pointed out before ... the Evo was in the lane to go right, Ron had no intention of going anywhere other than straight on. If he had been trying to outrun the Evo he would have gone off a *hell* of a lot quicker than he did.

HTH
Old 09-18-2015, 10:46 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenmanS2000
Well said - OP changes lane twice, once after stopping at the junction, suggesting a distinct lack of observation and forward planning. Hardly defensive riding.
Let me guess, your bike was a BMW?
Old 09-18-2015, 10:47 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Awesome 'wanker' signal Ron
Old 09-18-2015, 11:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let's have a vote:

Evo it's Wrong- 1

I Hate Ron-
Old 09-18-2015, 11:17 PM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

This is so funny, The vid is about the bellend in the evo not Ron carrying out a legal manoeuvre
Old 09-18-2015, 11:51 PM
UK Moderator

Received 300 Likes on 258 Posts

Here is my take:

Evo had deliberately taken lane 3 so as to get ahead of the cars queuing to go straight ahead, so his plan was always going to be "gun it off the lights and cut across". Bell end.

Ron does essentially the same thing except that he is on a bike, so he doesn't need to "gun it" as he has so much more acceleration anyway, and has the narrowness to filter. I see nothing wrong with that. Importantly, he is in lane 2, rather than lane 3 because of the narrowness. Had I been in the Polo, I'd have no problem with this, knowing he's going to get ahead easily. Not a bell end.

When the lights turn green, Evo now has a problem, he still has to get ahead of the Polo and cut across, however Ron is in his way as Ron has stuck to lane 2. So his choice is to cut in behind Ron and ahead of the Polo.

What we don't know is how far ahead of the Polo Ron is, so Evo has the choice of slipping in between the two of them (which may or may not have been possible) or cutting across Ron. We can see which choice he made Bell end.

Perhaps Ron might have moved across to the left hand lane a bit earlier, given he would have been way ahead of the Polo and the HGV, so he is borderline beginning RH lane hogging but given he was in lane 2, to begin with, I don't see that as a problem. Not a bell end.

No one is perfect here, but Ron is a lot closer to it than Evo, that much is for sure.

Quick Reply: Check out the Evo VIII bell end