Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Check out the Evo VIII bell end

Old 09-21-2015, 02:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus
Originally Posted by Polemicist' timestamp='1442582141' post='23750730
I am an ex biker - and survived unscathed.

The purported risk of being rear ended is simply post justification for jumping the queue IMHO.

But you ride a really fast bike with lots of power and can out-drag everything. So you must know best.
I had to pass four tests to get my bike license (CBT, Theory + Hazard perception, Mod 1 and Mod 2).

So in terms of biking knowledge I'm quite happy to pit my knowledge against yours. Like you said, you're an ex-biker, I'm a current biker and the fact that you mention about the acceleration capability of my bike when it has no relevance in this instance proves the pettiness to accept me being correct.
You may have passed 4 tests to get your licence but that doesn't mean that you really know how to ride a bike.

What you did was legal but the fact that you were prepared to sit in a queue in lane 2 until the Evo came past and you then decided to filter, makes me question whether what you did was sensible.

It was then reminded of some of your bicycling videos where again armed with a helmet cam you seem, on occasion, to almost go looking for trouble.

If I have misconstrued your actions my apologies. But if I haven't then I suggest a bit of attitude adjustment might be in order, or I see it all ending in tears.
Old 09-21-2015, 02:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eSeM
Originally Posted by Fatbloke' timestamp='1442705783' post='23752136
Never said your riding was wrong, just that it looks like your ego put you in the way of danger when at first you seemed content to sit in the queue.
I have watched the video again and can easily see that from Rons position he was originally planning to filter on the inside of the BMW but as gap wasn't big enough and he was close to the BMW he had to stop. When the BMW moved forward he then had enough space to move into the 3rd lane so I don't see how you can say he was content to sit behind the BMW.

Perfectly normal behavior from a biker trying to make progress.

Originally Posted by Welshman
Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus' timestamp='1442583457' post='23750756
[quote name='Polemicist' timestamp='1442582141' post='23750730']
I am an ex biker - and survived unscathed.

The purported risk of being rear ended is simply post justification for jumping the queue IMHO.

But you ride a really fast bike with lots of power and can out-drag everything. So you must know best.
I had to pass four tests to get my bike license (CBT, Theory + Hazard perception, Mod 1 and Mod 2).

So in terms of biking knowledge I'm quite happy to pit my knowledge against yours. Like you said, you're an ex-biker, I'm a current biker and the fact that you mention about the acceleration capability of my bike when it has no relevance in this instance proves the pettiness to accept me being correct.
You may have passed 4 tests to get your licence but that doesn't mean that you really know how to ride a bike.

What you did was legal but the fact that you were prepared to sit in a queue in lane 2 until the Evo came past and you then decided to filter, makes me question whether what you did was sensible.

It was then reminded of some of your bicycling videos where again armed with a helmet cam you seem, on occasion, to almost go looking for trouble.

If I have misconstrued your actions my apologies. But if I haven't then I suggest a bit of attitude adjustment might be in order, or I see it all ending in tears.
[/quote]
eSeM was spot on.

You are classing the Evo as something special whereas I class it as another box.

Next time I see a car coming from behind, I'll just pull into his way instead of waiting for it to pass and then filtering.

Oh and since I ride pretty much every day in every condition at rush hour, it stands to reason I'm going to pick up more idiots than bikers who just ride the odd weekend when it's sunny
Old 09-21-2015, 03:47 AM

Received 122 Likes on 106 Posts

I still feel that you're far too close to filter through the gap. Obviously, you got through and waited at the front, looking like you might be just over the solid white line. I think for your own safety, you'd have needed to be. So that would be an offence.
Just seriously - if you had misjudged a small gap like that the slip through, and hit my car - you'd need your helmet to stay on if I got out my car.
So therefore, sneaking through small gaps, although legal, can be very stupid and cause RR.

It's really up to you how you drive, 99% of the time i'm sure you are sensible like we all are.
I think in the first place, if the gap was wider to filter through, I wouldn't have a problem.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:54 AM
jml

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k4tony
It's really up to you how you drive, 99% of the time i'm sure you are sensible like we all are.
Overjoyed i would be if i were sensible 99% of the time..
Old 09-21-2015, 03:58 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by s2k4tony
I still feel that you're far too close to filter through the gap.
You have no experience of riding a bike, go find another thread to troll on, one where you know what you are talking about[1].

[1] If there is such a thread.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:06 AM

You have no experience of riding a bike, go find another thread to troll on, one where you know what you are talking about[1]. [1] If there is such a thread.
I agree.
Old 09-21-2015, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Ultra_Nexus
eSeM was spot on.

You are classing the Evo as something special whereas I class it as another box.

Next time I see a car coming from behind, I'll just pull into his way instead of waiting for it to pass and then filtering.

Oh and since I ride pretty much every day in every condition at rush hour, it stands to reason I'm going to pick up more idiots than bikers who just ride the odd weekend when it's sunny
You're making assumptions. I'm not classing the Evo as anything other than a car which I believe you had seen being driven irresponsibly a little time before.

If next time you'll consider pulling out just to get in front of a car rather than just filtering you seem to be making my point that you have a mindset that goes looking for trouble. If so, that is a very dangerous mindset to have when riding a motorbike. I still don't understand why when seemingly content to queue in Lane 2 you pull out and filter past a driver you had seen driving poorly shortly before.

Yes the more you ride the more incidents of poor driving you will see. But again don't make assumptions about the type of biking I do.
Old 09-21-2015, 05:07 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Welshman
I still don't understand why when seemingly content to queue in Lane 2
You obviously didn't read my earlier post.

Old 09-21-2015, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Welshman' timestamp='1442839528' post='23753062
I still don't understand why when seemingly content to queue in Lane 2
You obviously didn't read my earlier post.

The question wasn't addressed to you as you weren't there.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:17 AM

Received 70 Likes on 63 Posts

What a bunch of CSI forensic internet experts we have on here.
Ron waited for the car coming up behind (the EVO) before filtering through into a suitable space. All perfectly legal and sensible.
Then,shock,horror,he placed his front wheel a nanometre over the solid line.THIS IS AN OFFENCE!!!
From then on everything that happened was his fault. Simples!

ps. this is not an offence? Just seriously - if you had misjudged a small gap like that the slip through, and hit my car - you'd need your helmet to stay on if I got out my car.

Quick Reply: Check out the Evo VIII bell end