S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Car Talk - Non S2000 (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-talk-non-s2000-174/)
-   -   Jet washers/Screen washers (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/car-talk-non-s2000-174/jet-washers-screen-washers-1180808/)

katv1188 01-09-2018 01:50 AM

Jet washers/Screen washers

I have a 2016 Seat Ibiza and the screen wash is full but there is nothing coming out. Its not making a noise either as if no power. Is there a way to fix?
my windscreen is awful to see out of.

richmc 01-09-2018 04:22 AM

You actually have a seat and a part has lasted two years, congratulations!

Seriously though, find the fuse see if that's blown substitute it with another one locate the pump and connect it directly across the battery, see if it fires up, if not replace it.

One question, why are you asking this on a Honda S2000 forum? you might get a better response here-

http://www.seat-forum.co.uk/forum/index.php

unclefester 01-11-2018 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by richmc (Post 24405006)
You actually have a seat and a part has lasted two years, congratulations!

Seriously though, find the fuse see if that's blown substitute it with another one locate the pump and connect it directly across the battery, see if it fires up, if not replace it.

One question, why are you asking this on a Honda S2000 forum? you might get a better response here-

SEAT Forum : SEAT Enthusiasts • Index page

Because Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk and because some of us have had / do own other vehicles.

Aside from fuses, have a look where the feeds to the screen jets are and make sure they aren't blocked. You also might want to rinse out the header tank / clean out the pump(s) to make sure they aren't full of congealed screen wash.

richmc 01-11-2018 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by unclefester (Post 24405934)
Because Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk and because some of us have had / do own other vehicles.

Aside from fuses, have a look where the feeds to the screen jets are and make sure they aren't blocked. You also might want to rinse out the header tank / clean out the pump(s) to make sure they aren't full of congealed screen wash.

First off, one post, so joined the S2000 forum to ask about a Seat.
Secondly "Its not making a noise" so either electrical or mechanical failure.

And who on the S2000 forum has any real degree of knowledge of Seats? That's why I kindly pointed them towards the Seat forum who after a little effort I found had many posts about screen washer failures.
So where is the problem, I gave friendly and relevant advice to a motorist with a car that wasn't an S2000, and added a bit of humour.

unclefester 01-13-2018 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by richmc (Post 24406059)
First off, one post, so joined the S2000 forum to ask about a Seat.
Secondly "Its not making a noise" so either electrical or mechanical failure.

And who on the S2000 forum has any real degree of knowledge of Seats? That's why I kindly pointed them towards the Seat forum who after a little effort I found had many posts about screen washer failures.
So where is the problem, I gave friendly and relevant advice to a motorist with a car that wasn't an S2000, and added a bit of humour.

First off - who cares? Everyone starts somewhere and you don't need to own or have owned an S2000 to be a user here.

Secondly, I do. I owned one for 5 years before the S2000 and am still on the VAG group forums. You don't come over as being funny, you come accross as pompous / borderline rude.

martin j 01-13-2018 10:37 AM

I have my S2 in the garage and her Seat Leon lives on the drive, if the washers stopped working I reckon fault finding on either would be the same, although to be honest if I got stuck I would probably ask questions on the relevant marques forum.

richmc 01-14-2018 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by unclefester (Post 24406546)
First off - who cares? Everyone starts somewhere and you don't need to own or have owned an S2000 to be a user here.

Secondly, I do. I owned one for 5 years before the S2000 and am still on the VAG group forums. You don't come over as being funny, you come accross as pompous / borderline rude.

Only borderline, I must try harder.