Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

New Ford Fiesta

Old 10-25-2010, 02:59 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New Ford Fiesta

I'm seeing more and more of these on the road now and I think it's a genuinely good looking little car, in any colour. Might be the fact it's so well-proportioned that draws me to it, but if the day is near when we all have to run around in little hatchbacks, I could do a lot worse than a Fiesta ...

Haven't driven one but with the wheels at the corners, I'd imagine it'll be a nippy little thing.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the styling of the new Fiesta and am considering putting them in the lower category of our fleet for admin staff.

But really don't like the new KA styling. I thought it was unique before whereas now it looks like every other vehicle of that size - Peugeot, Toyota etc.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Shiskine,Oct 25 2010, 11:59 AM
I'm seeing more and more of these on the road now and I think it's a genuinely good looking little car, in any colour. Might be the fact it's so well-proportioned that draws me to it, but if the day is near when we all have to run around in little hatchbacks, I could do a lot worse than a Fiesta ...

Haven't driven one but with the wheels at the corners, I'd imagine it'll be a nippy little thing.
Gad bought one at the same time as his Mini, and didn't rate it in comparrison. I also considered one as a replacement for Wifey's car, but they cost a lot of money for what they are. We're now looking at Citroen DS3's. As good loking, built as well (I know, it's a Citroen, but...) and about £3K cheaper.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:25 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Fiesta is very well-balanced design.

Whether the "photocopier theory" translates to the new Focus, remains to be seen.

It doesn't work right on the truncated Ka.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:30 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Graves,Oct 25 2010, 12:25 PM
Fiesta is very well-balanced design.
Motor industry speak ...

Whenever you hear a manufacturer talking on the news about his new model, it's always referred to as Fiesta, Insignifia, etc. Joe Public says "the Fiesta" or "a Fiesta", but never just "Fiesta".

That's always bugged me ...
Old 10-25-2010, 03:40 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

Guess I'm sliding into it, slowly. Didn't think that was what I typed ?

What really makes me cringe is the over-use of the definite article as spoken invariably by sports wankers;

"did you see THE football?"

Presumably a giant man-eating one from Mars...
Old 10-25-2010, 03:42 AM

I have a 5dr 1.4 tdi on hire at the moment.
Its greta the fuel gauge just hasnt moved, it seems to have been on half full for ever.
The blue tooth hands free telephone prep seems to be really clear and pairing was a dodle. The radio controls are in a daft place and I constantly keep aiming for just above the gearstick where as they are actually more ontop of the dash.
It has plenty of boot space and ample room for junior and his car seat in the rear. Ride quality is good and cruising at 70 on an A road was a pleasure with very little outside noise.
The only negative is that the engine is exceptionally deisel like at tick over and low revs, noisy and its very slow, I was expecting more VW 1.9tdi levels of performance considering the reduced size but its painfully slow and the turbo lag is quite noticeable.
As a town car its great.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:29 AM

Business partner's wife has one as her run about - they have the 1.4tdci in TitaniumX.

She's had lots of Mini before and apparently loves the thing. However I thought it was just about to be changed

Funny how the 500 looks ok but the Ka doesn't when they shame the same underpinnings
Old 10-25-2010, 05:57 AM

They always look to me like they were designed to have larger wheels (certainly at the back)...
Old 10-25-2010, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by (S2K4ME),Oct 25 2010, 12:29 PM
Business partner's wife has one as her run about - they have the 1.4tdci in TitaniumX.

She's had lots of Mini before and apparently loves the thing. However I thought it was just about to be changed

Funny how the 500 looks ok but the Ka doesn't when they shame the same underpinnings
Id take the Mini in a heart beat if 4 seats and a decent boot were not an issue, oh and price.

Quick Reply: New Ford Fiesta