Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Noble M12 GTO3

Old 05-22-2015, 04:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by steveSC2
Very nice,my dad recently sold his 3r :-(
Probably one of the best cars I have driven,it just did everything so well,and it was comfortable enough to go long distances in it.
Oh and it was very rapid-twin vnt turbos,upgraded intercooler,upgraded valve train etc pushing around 460hp

Apparently there's a few pushing 6-700hp and a few that sink mega money into them
Yeah I've been pleasantly surprised with the comfort of the Noble - gf has commented that it's loads more comfortable than my old skyline was also

Originally Posted by LeMoose
Looks like my kind of car, very nice !

Is this the one with the ST220 Ford V6 ?
That's right, the earlier ones got the 2.5 V6 and mine (& the 3R's) have got the 3.0 V6 - both had the two turbos fitted mind, think the early ones were just over 300bhp and the 3.0's are just under 350 bhp.

Originally Posted by C7 JFW
This competes with a really good TVR in my book. The only thing is, I don't consider a TVR a Supercar whereas the Noble I do.
I'd love a sagaris but otherwise can't really explain it but just don't find the TVR's for me. Can appreciate them and the straight pipes always raise a smile but just didn't do it for me

Originally Posted by zzkamikazezz
Very nice!!

One of the few cars that could tempt me from Lotus..
Tempted me from the Esprit before I even got as far as buying one Esprit will always be one of those bedroom wall poster cars mind

Originally Posted by Nick Graves
I've only ever sat in one, unfortunately. Unfortunately both in the sense of the smell of glue & petrol, and also in the sense that being concerned with that & not with driving it hard instead is totally missing the point of the car.

Best of luck with it, you mad bugger!
Mine certainly smells of 'car' but it has a cracked front manifold which won't be helping atm. I've got a new one but need to get the new daily before I can take it off the road to fix Due to the design of the transmission tunnel it can quite often draw air from the engine bay forwards into the cabin (inflates the gear/handbrake gaiters) but you can modify the front of the tunnel (ally sheet naturally) to duct air up there and stop that happening
Old 05-22-2015, 09:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I parked by a Noble yesterday

Old 05-23-2015, 04:26 AM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

I want you to post a vid of you getting out of that..
Old 05-23-2015, 04:59 AM

Received 241 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by cheshire_carper
I parked by a Noble yesterday

Is it just coincidence the adjacent cars are all and bright whereas the rest of the cars are bleugh
Old 05-23-2015, 05:14 AM

Received 58 Likes on 56 Posts

No, I couldn't work that out, either.

I'll let the Supra off for being black, however. Racist.

I'm not sure if it's the world's weirdest garage or supermarket.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:08 AM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

Its clearly the recovery stopover section of the AA car park
Old 05-23-2015, 02:38 PM
Community Organizer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I absolutely love these!! Such a good looking car with rocket ship performance
Old 05-24-2015, 01:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice.

I thought quite seriously about one as a "replacement" for my S2000 a few years ago, but ended up going for a used Evora instead.

The absence of luggage space (it would be my only car) and the fact that I knew it was going to need fettling to some degree (no time and lack of ability) put me off in the end.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:18 AM
jml

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2
Its clearly the recovery stopover section of the AA car park
Tupperware workshop ?
Old 05-26-2015, 06:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by euan
The absence of luggage space (it would be my only car)
S2000 went at the weekend so the Noble is now my only car - probably a slight exaggeration mind given that I can use the better halfs car if needed

The luggage space is quite surprising behind the seats, but you do need to be able to squeeze it between the 'B pillar' (ish) and the seat in the first place which is a little restrictive

Also in fairness not planning on the Noble being my only car for long - It'll probably be my main car until winter but I want a backup if I'm working on the Noble and I'm worrying about it being back together to get to work the next day

Heatsheild from below the IC (separating the IC and the rear turbo) is well past its best so just ordered a fresh sheet of Nimbus G2 to use, not looking forward to taking it all apart to fit that mind

Quick Reply: Noble M12 GTO3