Car Talk - Non S2000 General Motoring and Non S2000 Car Talk

Semi skimmed //M

Old 04-24-2016, 07:21 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mikey k
BTW the Bridge of Weir leather in my last Aston was like my grannies hands The leather in the BMW is vastly more durable probalby because it has a texture to it rather than an over process finish
I know one of the directors, Jamie Davidson, well so I'll tell him next time I see him ...

IIRC, they do most, if not all, of the leather for Saab ...

Old 04-24-2016, 09:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikey k
Is the suspension the same as mine that allows it to stiffen when the car goes in to sport mode?
I've only used it once, it's too stiff for the roads round me
Yeah, adaptive is stiffer in sport mode. You're right, most road surfaces it's too stiff. But the stiffer setting is the normal setting in non-adaptive. So that's why I got it again.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:19 AM

Well collection of the new car was a bit traumatic. On the way to the dealer I fit a feckingn log in the road. Car in front glanced it throwing it into my path. Bang and a blowout on my front left tyre in the old car. No spare and the get me home sealant about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

I was about 6 miles from the dealer! Not happy.

But I used the BMW emeergency concierge, a flat bed arrived about 30 minutes later. Pretty stressful but could have been worse.

Now have new car. Interesting to compare old to new. Sounds different. Feels more solid. Very happy.
Old 04-24-2016, 10:49 AM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

That sounds bloody unlucky but at least you're in the new un now so all good

I really do love the seats in the M. They are superbly supportive, very adjustable and very comfy. A few people opt for the competition seats which i think are cloth but imo they dont suit the car.

I went for all black interior so clearly myself and the good gent Pole are Poles apart in taste.

My S2 is the same
Old 04-24-2016, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chilled
Originally Posted by mikey k' timestamp='1461442204' post='23946296

Is the suspension the same as mine that allows it to stiffen when the car goes in to sport mode?
Yeah, adaptive is stiffer in sport mode. You're right, most road surfaces it's too stiff. But the stiffer setting is the normal setting in non-adaptive. So that's why I got it again.
That's why I ordered it too: in comfort mode it is just that, comfortable.

Sport mode it is firm but actually when I'm in the mood for it I don't mind that. (For those that don't know you can configure it not to be firm in sport mode if you like).

Found it interesting you have gone for another, if I had to change I'm struggling to think of anything that ticks the boxes for me as well as the car does. Being able to get my bike in it easily is a plus I share with you!

Same colour?
Old 04-24-2016, 11:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2

I really do love the seats in the M. They are superbly supportive, very adjustable and very comfy. A few people opt for the competition seats which i think are cloth but imo they dont suit the car.

I went for all black interior so clearly myself and the good gent Pole are Poles apart in taste.

My S2 is the same
That makes you a feckin social climber²
Old 04-25-2016, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by smnasn
Originally Posted by chilled' timestamp='1461518146' post='23946798
[quote name='mikey k' timestamp='1461442204' post='23946296']

That's why I ordered it too: in comfort mode it is just that, comfortable.

Sport mode it is firm but actually when I'm in the mood for it I don't mind that. (For those that don't know you can configure it not to be firm in sport mode if you like).

Found it interesting you have gone for another, if I had to change I'm struggling to think of anything that ticks the boxes for me as well as the car does. Being able to get my bike in it easily is a plus I share with you!

Same colour?
[/quote]

Same colour as well. Although the trim finisher inside is black not blue because you can't spec the blue with the red leather now. :-(

Nearly went for a blue car but I really like the red leather. As opposed to colourblind manic cloth interiors.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:52 AM

Received 625 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by cheshire_carper
Originally Posted by Nottm_S2' timestamp='1461523782' post='23946853

My S2 is the same
My missus would disagree

look at this beauty

Old 04-26-2016, 08:10 AM
MrM

My Mrs's M135i had its first service today after the mileage dependant technology said it was needed. Just shy of 18k miles on clock after 18 months. They applied some minor upgrade work to the car apparently, otherwise all was good. I thought they would have said something about the various bits I had coded but they didn't and thankfully didn't upgrade any software.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Nottm_S2
Originally Posted by cheshire_carper' timestamp='1461569856' post='23947312
[quote name='Nottm_S2' timestamp='1461523782' post='23946853']

My S2 is the same
My missus would disagree

look at this beauty

[/quote]

I guess for many a black interior is de rigueur for a high-performance car.

I find black funereal; contrast is good.

Quick Reply: Semi skimmed //M